Munnar Trip with Tea Estate Campingfrom
Munnar Trip with Camping, Trekking, Kayaking from Bangalore
Picturesque Tea plantations, rolling hills and misty valleys are just a few interesting things about Munnar. There’s much more!
- Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeWeekend Trip/Trek
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Small Group
Munnar is one of the popular hill stations of the country which is famous for stunning tea estates and cold climate. It is one of the highest places in southern India along with Nilgiris Ooty and Kodaikanal. Along with tea, many spices are grown at Munnar like cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and a variety of homemade chocolates. As part of this trip, we will stay at a hilltop property, go on an offbeat trek, indulge in adventure sports, explore numerous viewpoints, and do a lot of self-pampering & shopping.
On Day 1, we will check into our hill side camp with a great view of tea estates. After a fulfilling breakfast, we will go for couple of adventure activities like Kayaking or/and Ziplining amidst tea estates. One activity is sponsored as part of this trip and the other is self-sponsored. Another attraction is view of Anayirangal Dam from our camp that is surrounded by picturesque tea estates.
After a Kerala-style Lunch, we will relax briefly at the Camp before wrapping up the evening with an easy trek amidst the endless tea estates to the extremely pretty and serene “Phantom Hills“. It takes around 2-3 hours of a hike from the stay. The views are fascinating and if lucky, we can get to experience a peaceful sunset. And as usual, we will socialize in the evening around the bonfire before and after dinner.
On Day 2 we will visit a few attractions in Munnar. First among them is Mattupetty Dam which is among the largest in the country to produce hydroelectricity. Apart from enchanting views of the reservoir, one can indulge in peddle boating, horse riding, and some shopping at this happening place in Munnar.
After taking a pit stop at the beautiful Lockhart viewpoint and clicking some selfies, we will visit one of the best hang-out places in Munnar – Tea Tales Café for a light lunch.
Finally, we will visit the Munnar Tea Museum where we can taste freshly brewed tea of exquisite varieties surrounded by lush green tea estates.
After a bit of shopping, we are all set for the long return journey to Bangalore with beautiful memories of Munnar hill station.
Highlights of the Munnar Trip:
- Hilltop camp
- Kayaking or/and Ziplining amidst Tea Estates
- The Phantom Hills or Kurishumala trek
- Tea Museum Munnar
- Mattupetty Dam visit
- Lockhart Viewpoint
- Tea Tales Café
- Echo Point Munnar
- Authentic Kerala style food
- Campfire with social gathering
View this post on Instagram
- Day 0 Journey to Munnar!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to our Munnar base camp.
- Day 1 Offbeat Munnar
- Check into the campsite, freshen up.
- Note: The usual check-in time for Munnar stays is around 12 noon. Hence we will use washrooms for freshen up and put luggage at the common area before going for activities.
- Have a heavy Breakfast with traditional black tea of Munnar.
- Indulge in Kayaking or/and Ziplining and take a relaxing stroll clicking innumerable selfies.
- Note: On a rainy day, Kayaking/Ziplining will be impacted. We cannot help it.
- Come back to the camp, have Lunch – Kerala meals.
- Take a brief rest at the camp.
- Go on a guided trek to the Phantom Hills (1.5 to 2 hours one way) hiking through a panorama of Tea estates. Enjoy a peaceful sunset, if lucky.
- Head back to the camp, refresh with black tea, and gather in front of the common campfire.
- Indulge in group activities, finish hot Dinner.
- Take good rest in the assigned tents.
- Day 2 Famous Munnar
- Wake up to the sounds of birds and the serenity of mountains.
- Check out of the camp after Breakfast.
- Take a pit stop at beautiful Lockhart view point and click some selfies.
- Give a visit to Munnar Tea Museum to taste freshly brewed tea of exquisite varieties surrounded in lush green tea estates.
- Visit one of the best hanging out places in Munnar – Tea Tales Café for Lunch.
- Visit Mattupetty Dam that is among the largest in the country to produce hydroelectricity. Apart from enchanting views of reservoir, one can indulge in peddle boating & horse riding at this happening place in Munnar.
- Shopping time. Stop over at nearby market to buy different varieties of tea, spices and goodies to carry back home.
- Have a pit stop at Eco point and immerse ourselves in the beauty of nature before bidding adieu to Munnar.
- Start return journey late in the evening with a Dinner stop en route.
- Day 3 Back to Bengaluru
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Remember Munnar is a loooooog distance trip from Bangalore!
- Camping in tents at a hill side private property, clean washrooms.
- Each tent has foam mats or beds, blankets and pillows.
- Tents are usually 2 and 3 sharing.
- Common campfire is lit for everyone in the camp.
- Hot water for drinking will be given on request. Hot water for bathing is not available.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Nonveg) are included. Meals during journey are self-sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Munnar Trip below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight Backpack for the trip (avoid suitcase/trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (based on whether forecast)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Good grip shoes or sandals for trek
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get very cold at night.
- Carry a bit of cash for the meals which are not included and misc. expenses.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Baiyappanahalli Metro: 8:45 PM
• Back Gate metro entrance
• Kasturi Nagar side (Railway Parallel Road)
Tin Factory: 9:00 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop
• Mariyamman Temple side (towards Marathahalli)
Marathahalli: 9:20 PM
• In front of HP world on service road
• Opposite side of Mahindra Showroom
Bellandur: 9:35 PM
• Under Eco Space sky walk
Silk Board: 9:50 PM
• Near Aswad Hospital
• In front of Renault Silk Board showroom
Electronic City: 10:10 PM
• Toll Plaza Veer Sandra on Hosur Road
Note: There is no dinner stop for any of our trips. Finish your light dinner before starting.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Feb to May (summer): Pleasant climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Thick clouds, intermittent rains, wet climate. Weather is highly unpredictable, so we need to carry rain coats. The place really comes alive during the monsoons like all hill stations.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Dry and cold climate throughout the day. Very cold at night. Plenty of water in the lakes. Need to carry thick sweaters.
- Travel (Pushback, Non AC Tempo), Tolls, Inter State Taxes
- Stay (Tents on sharing basis)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg) 1 Dinner (veg and non-veg)
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain, common for entire camp)
- Kayaking or Ziplining experience (one of them)
- Entry tickets to Tea Museum, Metupatty Dam
- Local jeep ride if needed
- Visit to all the places mentioned in Highlights section
- Trip Leader
- Meals not mentioned above
- Any additional adventure activities not mentioned above
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.