Dandeli Adventure Trip with Sathodi Waterfallsfrom
Dandeli Water Adventures from Bangalore, Sathodi Waterfalls
– If you are looking for an adventure-filled weekend, Dandeli on the banks of river Kali is a dream destination. The place can bring out the mermaid in you!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Adventure seekers!
Dandeli is an ideal weekend getaway in north Karnataka for those who love nature & water activities. The town is surrounded by thick forests and rich vegetation where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain. On the banks of the Kali river, Dandeli is truly a fascinating mix of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure sports.
Different water adventure sports in Dandeli include Kayaking, Jacuzzi, Boating, Zorbing, Swimming with life jackets, etc. Each activity costs between 200 to 350 INR. A Short White Water Rafting costs approx. 600 rupees.
Following 6 to 7 water sports are included in this package:
- Short White Water Rafting**
- 1 or 2 more activities like Zorbing, River crossing (based on availability)
Life jackets will be provided for all the activities.
**Important notes on rafting:
- The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on that morning.
- No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
After a day of water adventure activities & a happening night camping at Dandeli, we will visit Sathodi Waterfalls the next day.
Join us on this great adventure!
Highlights of the Dandeli Trip:
- Dandeli Water Sports
> Short White Water Rafting
> Raft Boating
> Swimming with Life Jackets
> Zorbing (based on availability)
> River crossing (based on availability)
- Private property Camping
- Campfire with Music & activities
- Sathodi Waterfalls dip
- Hanging Bridge of Kali
- Good food (Veg and Non Veg)
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Journey to Dandeli
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Dandeli Water Adventure Sports
- Reach the adventure town of Dandeli, check in to our beautiful campsite, with basic facilities like tents, washrooms, dining area, campfire/music zone.
- Note: Sometimes because of travelers of previous day, our check-in time may be delayed as tents are not yet prepared for us. In the meantime, we will freshen up. Around 9 to 10 AM we might be given tents.
- Freshen up and fuel up with a really heavy Breakfast (Lunch will be very late after water activities)
- Head to the adventure-land on the banks of river Kali, indulge in day long water activities. The special discounted price of water activities is mentioned in the overview of this trip.
- Come back to the campsite for late Lunch.
- (Time permits) We will explore one optional place near Dandeli and spend some time in a serene environment.
- Reach back to the camp late evening, freshen up.
- Bonfire at night with long conversations. Your trip leader will make you play interesting games. You may also chill out and have your me-time.
- Music, Sing, and Dance under the open sky.
- Well deserved hot Dinner, both veg and non-veg.
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Sathodi Waterfalls, Return journey
- Wake up to the chirping birds, cold breeze and misty setting of serene surroundings.
- Freshen up
- Take those selfies and groupfies at our lovely campsite in the fresh morning light (there are many photogenic places in and around campsite).
- Have Breakfast.
- Go on a 2 hour journey to picturesque Sathodi Waterfalls. The road is totally broken for a few kilometers but after visiting Sathodi one would feel it’s all worth the pain.
- Sathodi waterfalls is located amidst thick tropical forest with lush green surroundings. Generally travelers can get in the water except for a few monsoon months. Be extra careful as the boulders can be slippery.
- Visit a beautiful hanging bridge on the river Kali, click some pictures.
- Break for a late Lunch close to Yellapur town.
- Start back to Bangalore late in the evening
- Dinner on the way at a Dhaba.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home early in the morning.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Stay at private property (3/4 sharing Tents).
- Each tent has pillow, blanket, and mats with bedsheets. The stay has well-maintained toilets/shower rooms.
- Campfire will be lit up close to tents.
- There are additional fun activities at our camp.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg) , 1 Dinner (Veg & Non veg) are included.
- Food during journey is self sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Dandeli Trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for water sports.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine as there is no trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night as its close to the forest
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:25 PM Tin Factory: 9:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:25 PM
Tin Factory: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
Note: We may start early around 8 PM itself (for Mini-Bus). In this case, we shall let you know in advance on the trip day.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Feb to May (summer): Best time to visit Dandeli, amazing sunsets. The hot climate throughout the day, the ideal time to play water sports, take a dip in the river/sea. Dandeli always has water as they release dam gates over the weekend.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Pleasant weather during days, slightly humid, peaceful sunsets, good to play in the water. Cold nights will give a good experience of a campfire.
- June to mid-Sept: It’s the rainy season and time to store water in the dam for the entire year. We usually don’t do Dandeli unless we get information that most watersports are happening.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini-bus, Non AC)
- Stay at private property (3/4 sharing Tents), clean washrooms
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non Veg)
- Water activities like River rafting, Jacuzzi, Kayaking etc.
- Visit all places in the “Highlights” section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain) with group activities
- All entry tickets
- Trip Leader(s)
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Our stay is a well maintained private property close to the forest. It is a peaceful, spacious place with a good feel and all the basic facilities. The tents are big enough to have space for your luggage also. The stay is beautifully lit up in the night. There are a separate dining area and campfire, music zone. It’s a good place to click selfies during day time. Don’t forget to wake up early on Sunday morning to witness serene sunrise with birds chirping around.
There are plenty of neat and clean washrooms for both men and women.