Coorg Tadiandamol Trek, Iruppu Waterfallsfrom
Coorg Tadiandamol Trek
– The high mountains of Coorg offer spectacular views with dense forest and deep valleys underneath your eyes. Tadiandamol is the highest peak of them all.
- Reviews 3 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
The third highest peak of Karnataka Tadiandamol, at an altitude of almost 1800 meters above sea level is well looked after by the forest department. We need to take their permit, make sure we do not litter anywhere, just like any other place we visit. The trek is not really difficult and marks a perfect start for beginners and amateurs. The reward is quite high for a trek of just 6 Km one way. One gets to trek through coffee estates, sprawling grasslands, the steep mountains one after another, and scenic views of the surrounding valley as you ascend.
An extra perk of trekking in monsoons is the clouds passing through you, or rather you passing through the clouds. One gets clear views post monsoons, but every season has its own charm in the mountains. The advantage of trekking in monsoons is, the intermittent drizzle and cold wind won’t let you get tired. The valley underneath is filled with tropical forests with a good amount of wildlife. Not to worry, the animals usually don’t trek in the daytime like us, which is why the Forest department allows the trek in the first place.
It’s beautiful, pure, and peaceful out there. Tadiandamol is a trek that cannot be missed.
Are you up for it?
Adding to the highest peak of Coorg is Iruppu Waterfalls close to Nagarhole wildlife sanctuary. The waterfall takes a huge plunge from the Brahmagiri hills of south Coorg. A soul-soothing dip in the mountain water is a memory to cherish. A drive through the Nagarhole sanctuary while returning may even bump us into some wildlife like Deer, Wild Boars, Peacocks, and if lucky even Elephants.
Come, let’s #getmuddie by doing Coorg Tadiandamol Trek this weekend.
Highlights of the Tadiandamol Trip:
- The Tadiandamol Trek (highest peak of Coorg – 12 Km up and down – Moderate difficulty)
- Dip in the waters of Iruppu waterfalls
- Drive through Nagarhole sanctuary
- Good veggie food
- Music and dance, as always
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Schedule
- Reach homestay early in the morning, freshen up and have breakfast.
- Pack necessary items for your trek in a small backpack (waterproof), drive to the base of Tadiandamol.
- We will start the trek on a broken road, through dark green coffee estates that Coorg is famous for in the initial part of the trek.
- As we move further, nature will open up with a combination of thick forests and flowing streams of fresh mountain water which is safe to drink.
- We shall cross the forest department check post after taking instructions on forest etiquette.
- As we move further, a well-defined trail used by the trekkers would slowly take up to the mountain slopes. There are many rest points with huge trees and big boulders throughout the way. One can even see many garbage bins set up by forest folks.
- The last 500 meters before reaching the summit is steep and slightly challenging, gear up for it.
- After scaling the mountain, we will reveal at the beautiful landscape amidst the clouds, cool breeze hitting our face, relax for a while, have our lunch.
- We shall then descend with a gripping image of the western ghats in our mind.
- After heading back to our homestay, we surely deserve to sip a hot cup of tea/coffee.
- Campfire with long conversations and a well deserved hot dinner to top it.
- A social gathering with light music.
- Rest on the cozy beds.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Wake up, freshen up and have breakfast, pack your bags and say Bye to our lovely coffee estate homestay
- Head to Iruppu Waterfalls of south Coorg take a soul-soothing dip in fresh and chilling mountain water
- Have Lunch at a local food joint close to falls (note that food options are limited here in a remote location, like maggie, fried rice, gobi, fruit salad, etc)
- Drive through Nagarhole wildlife sanctuary towards Mysore city. If lucky, witness some wildlife like Peacocks, Deer, Wild Boars, etc.
- We can have a pitstop close to Mysore town for a tea and snacks
- Continue our journey towards Bangalore and reach home around 9 PM
- Share those umpteen pictures between people and flaunt it on Instagram
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley).
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc).
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID).
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September).
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun).
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh).
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to).
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes).
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals.
- Your personal medications, if any.
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls.
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip.
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night.
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Tin Factory: 9:30 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 9:50 PM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 10:20 PM
- Near Aswad Hospital
Electronics City: 10:40 PM
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Coorg, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and trek paths. There will be plenty of water at the Iruppu waterfalls. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Waterfall has a good amount of water to take a shower.
- Feb, March (pre-summer): Dry climate. Still good for trekking with pleasant days. Iruppu still has water to take bath as its catchment area in the Brahmagiri forest is huge.
- Apr, May (summer): Gets a bit hot. We usually don’t do Tadiandamol in these months.
- Stay at our lovely backpacker’s homestay (Separate dorms for each gender)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (all veg) included.
- Tadiandamol trek fees, permit
- Iruppu waterfalls fees, permit
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- A hell lot of peace of mind!
- Lunch on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
We have a beautiful Coffee Estate Homestay in Coorg, which is less than an hour’s drive from the Tadiandamol base. It is a shared accommodation specially meant for trekkers and backpackers. The property has 2 buildings having 5 dormitories with neat and clean rooms, bunker beds, and plenty of washrooms. The property has a parking area, kitchen, dining area, Bonfire zone, and plenty of places to laze around and take photographs. Our hosts are well equipped to serve people coming for trekking and visiting beautiful places of Coorg hill station. We have even hosted few corporate teams over here.
There are common washrooms on each floor that are well maintained.
August 14, 2021 - August 15, 2021
Available (Starting Friday 10PM - Return Sunday 10PM)
September 4, 2021 - September 5, 2021
Available (Starting Friday 10PM - Return Sunday 10PM)
September 25, 2021 - September 26, 2021
Available (Starting Friday 10PM - Return Sunday 10PM)