Terms & Conditions of Muddie Trails:
- No alcohol & smoking during Treks & adventure activities. There would be separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities! We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- Co-operate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part – that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Muddie Trails. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle that discharges Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Muddie Trails.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellation by Muddie Trails:
- Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
» Option 1: Complete refund.
» Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation by the traveler(s):
- The Organizers have to be informed 48 hours before the event start time if you wish to cancel/postpone your event.
- In this case, the refund would be processed as per the Refund Policy mentioned below.
- Alternatively, you may postpone your ticket to the future event 48 hours before the event start time. (Allowed once per booking)
- No postponing your ticket to future events and no refund within 48 hours of the event start time.
- You may provide a replacement from your end (your friend, colleague, or any other) in case you cannot make it to the event because of unforeseen circumstances. This way you can save your hard-earned money.
Refund policy for weekend trips:
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- For events that involve point-to-point bus/train booking, only a 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
Refund policy for long trips (Himalayas, North East, Any other 5+ days trips):
- 80% refund of the full amount if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip/trek.
- 50% refund of the full amount if a cancellation request is sent between 30 to 15 days before the trek.
- No refund within 15 days, during or after the trip whatever be the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund if you were not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms.
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
Refund Policy related to COVID
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
The “Offbeat” theme of Muddie Trails:
Muddie Trails provides real offbeat experiences for travelers like trekking, hiking, camping, bonfire, adventure activities, barbecue, visiting, exploring, and experiencing the less known but awesome destinations that are not crowded with tourists. We do NOT take travelers to a tourist place unless it is required as a “filler” in the itinerary between two offbeat places.
Travelers are requested to refrain from asking our organizers to take them to ABC temple or XYZ church. The itinerary is already decided and posted based on our offbeat theme. The organizer will only change the itinerary/schedule if any place cannot be done because of unpredictable reasons. If you have a wish list of tourist places to tick off in your mind, then probably Muddie Trails is not for you and we request you – please do not register.
Disclaimer: All terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.