Nilgiris Road Trip (Offbeat Ooty)from
The Nilgiris Road Trip – Offbeat Ooty
A road trip that takes you to gorgeous Nilgiris Biosphere which is filled with splendid tea estates, pristine lakes, majestic mountains, dense sholas, and deep valleys.
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Small Group
Do you wanna explore the quaint little villages in the Nilgiris mountain range?
How about unwinding at majestic lakes like Emerald & Avalanche?
A drive through absolutely amazing views of majestic mountains that are older than the Himalayas?
Take Bollywood style selfies amidst beautiful Tea estates?
Get thrilled by Shola forests so dense that feels like even flies can’t pass through?
Get chilled and have garam chai in the mountains?
Or just put your feet in a river stream & feel how beautiful life can get while traveling!
A little bit of wildlife maybe?
Nilgiris offers everything above and a lot of peace of mind.
Let’s know a bit more about this pretty hill station:
Nilgiris, translated as “Blue mountains” is a fairyland in the tri-junction of 3 southern Indian states – Karnataka, Tamilnadu, and Kerala. There are cloud kissing mountains, dense forests, rushing streams, undulating planes, breathtaking views of sudden drops, deep valleys, charming meadows. The Nilgiris biosphere is unique for its altitude as well as a unique ecosystem. It boasts of the most popular tourist destination in the South of India called Ooty as its capital.
The best thing about Nilgiris is its cold climate throughout the year. Ooty attracts lots of tourists in summertime. But not many of them spill into the offbeat side of Nilgiris. This road trip is exactly about that offbeat, unseen, untouched side of Nilgiris. We will stay at a village homestay in the heart of Nilgiris. We will drive deeper into the villages, tea estates, and mountains. We will experience nature in its purest form.
At a distance of roughly 270 Km, The Nilgiris (offbeat Ooty) makes a great weekend getaway from Bangalore.
Highlights of the Nilgris Trip:
- Road Trip to unseen and untouched Nilgiris
- Emerald Lake
- Avalanche Lake
- Freshwater streams and waterfalls
- The silent valley & misty mountains
- Tea estate nature walk
- The gorgeous temple overlooking a deep valley
- Ooty Chocolate/Tea Factory visit
- Morning drive through Bandipur Reserve Forest
- Campfire in chilling climate
- Lovely homestay in a Nilgiris villa
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Start from Bangalore, overnight journey
- Brief rest at Bandipur check-post that opens at 6 AM. The road trip starts right now!
- Drive through Bandipur and Madhumalai Wildlife sanctuaries whilst spotting Deer, Peacock, different species of birds, mammals and if lucky, the Elephants and other exotic wild animals
- Stopover for a Breakfast on the outskirts of Ooty town. We won’t be freshening up now.
- Drive deep into Nilgiris enjoying scenic views of tea estates and colorful villages, check into our village homestay before noon, freshen up
- Head to a Tea estate overlooking a deep valley, nature walk, taste Nilgiris special tea/coffee whichever you like
- Break for Lunch at our homestay
- A picturesque road trip into Nilgiris, stop in the quaint little villages to experience the culture, stopover at a chilling stream formed by a mini-waterfall, witness most beautiful tea estates with a 360-degree view, enjoy the stunning silent valley view & misty mountains for the peaceful sunset
- Look out for wildlings in the dense Shola forests, enjoy a warm cup of tea in the village
- Head back to the homestay, refresh
- Campfire in the night with long conversations, sharing travel stories
- We can play soft music, sing, dance, group activities and what not!
- Hot dinner served around the bonfire on a really cold night
- Rest in the rooms, tucked up with thick blankets.
- Wake up a little early, have breakfast
- Head to a Temple located at a serene location atop a mountain with a fantastic view. Hike down the mountain into the valley filled with Tea estates and Jungle. A 3-hour trek into the woods will refresh our mind and body.
- Break for Lunch, check out of the Homestay
- Visit picturesque Emerald & Avalanche Lakes, click hundreds of selfies
- Drive towards Ooty Tea cum Chocolate factory, taste different kinds of Chai, shop for your favorite Nilgiris Tea
- Start back to BLR, cross-forest check-post on time, a stopover for dinner at a Dhaba close to Mysore
- Reach home after midnight
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 10 or more
- Stay: At our village homestay in the heart of Nilgiris
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner included. The rest is self-sponsored.
- Trek difficulty: No trekking involved
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Friday night 10 PM
- Ending time: Sunday post-midnight around 1 AM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar, Koramangala, Silk Board, Electronic City
- Drop spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar, Koramangala, Silk Board
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- Feb to May (summer): Pleasant climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Thick clouds, intermittent rains, wet climate. Weather is highly unpredictable, so we need to carry raincoats. The place really comes alive during the monsoons.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Dry and cold climate throughout the day. Very cold at night. Plenty of water in streams and waterfalls. Need to carry sweaters.
- Homestay (rooms on 3 to 4 sharing with attached bathrooms)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (veg and non-veg)
- Road trip to the silent valley, tea estates, viewpoints, streams and waterfalls
- Visit Emerald, Avalanche lakes
- Visit Ooty Tea factory
- Drive through Bandipur forest
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- 1 Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip
Stop 1: 9:00 PM
Tin Factory Bus stop
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Underfoot over bridge
Stop 2: 9:15 PM
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur Fly Over
Stop 3: 9:35 PM
Koramangala – Sony World Signal
- Just in front of Sony World Bus stop
- On Intermediate Feet Road
Stop 4: (10:00 PM – 10:15 PM) Based on the traffic
- Silk Board Junction – end of flyover towards EC,
- Just in-front of Aswad Hospital
Stop 5: (10:30 PM – 10:45 PM) Based on the traffic
- BMW Navnit Motors | Main Showroom | Electronic City,
Note: There is no drop point at Electronic city while returning. People from Electronic city will be dropped at Silk Board itself.
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Nilgiris is a place for all seasons. Every season offers something special. In monsoons, one can witness streams and waterfalls in full flow. Winters are very cold and misty. Summers are very pleasant and offer clear views. Common throughout the year is its cold climate.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!