Kodaikanal with Vattakanal Tripfrom
Kodaikanal & Vattakanal Trip from Bangalore
Set out on an offbeat weekend trip to the captivating destination Kodaikanal, also called “Princess of hill stations”.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeWeekend Trip/Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Small Group
Kodaikanal. Sure you have heard this name before!
It’s one of the best hill stations in southern India with its altitude of 7000 feet above sea level, cold weather, dotted by Pine forests and aromatic Eucalyptus trees.
Kodaikanal translated as “fog on the hill”, is a place for all seasons. Gifted with rich vegetation, one can easily spot different kinds of birds chirping around. These forests are also home to intimidating Bisons and other wild animals.
As part of this weekend backpacking trip to Kodaikanal, we will explore the offbeat side of the pristine hill station. Away from main tourist attractions are colorful mountain villages interspersed with flawless lakes, deep valleys and pine forests. One such village is Poombarai, adorned with eye-catching step farming grounds on mountain slopes. The locals rely on agriculture here, growing carrots, spices, dry fruits, cocoa, natural oils from eucalyptus, lemongrass, pineapples, and some mountain fruits.
While tasting some fruits, we will visit picturesque Mannavannur lake. Another place to explore is a pretty wooden bridge at the far end of the lake. There are even coracles circling waters of this lake.
After visiting few famous attractions, we will traverse narrow winding lanes of Vattakanal village that attracts a lot of backpackers and hippies, especially from Israel. A trek to Dolphin’s Nose, a rock protruding from an edge of a cliff, overlooking a deep valley is both enthralling and thrilling.
We will also go for cycling around Kodaikanal’s lake. It’s a shoppers’ paradise too with spices, chocolates, oils, and what not!
Highlights of the Kodaikanal Trip:
- Dolphin’s Nose Trek
- Pristine Mannavanur Lake
- Poombarai Village view
- Rabbit/Sheep Farm
- Cycling around Kodaikanal Lake
- Kodaikanal shopping
- Vattakanal cafe hopping
- Campfire in chilling climate
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 0 Journey to Kodaikanal!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Poombarai & Mannavannur
- Drive to Kodaikanal, check into our homestay, freshen up.
- Note: Sometimes (if there were guests at stay a night before), our check-in time will be delayed. In this case, we will use a washroom at stay for quick freshen up, and put luggage at the common area.
- Have a fulfilling Breakfast.
- Hit the mountains, drive through picturesque valleys & curved roads to the beautiful Poombarai village
- Visit Mannavanur lake conserved by the Forest department. Go on an optional coracle ride if you wish to.
- Small nature walk around the lake to reach a wooden bridge and pose for innumerable pictures
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant (Note that food options are limited in this remote location)
- Visit Rabbit farm on top of a hill, munch freshly grown sweet carrots, & pineapple overlooking picturesque Mannavanur lake in the valley.
- Stop by at Poombarai village for hot tea, take some snaps of steep mountain fields
- Get back to homestay, hot tea in the evening chill.
- Bonfire in the cold weather with hot dinner.
- Have long conversations, indulge in some group activities organized by your trip leader.
- Rest for the night on your cozy beds
- Day 2 Kodaikanal & Vattakanal Trip
- Start the day with a nice breakfast
- Pack your bags, say bye to the homestay
- Visit few tourist attractions like Pine Forest, Guna Caves and Pillar Rocks en route a quieter place – Vattakanal village.
- Take a stroll in the streets of this Hippie haven, taste food/drinks at a local cafe.
- Set off on a trek to thrilling Dolphin Nose, by hiking down the hill on a rocky path interspersed by roots of big trees.
- While posing for pictures at Dolphin’s nose, mind your feet and take good care of yourself, for it is very dangerous.
- Get back to Kodai town, go on a famous Cycling if you wish to, shop your bags full of spices, eucalyptus oil, chocolates at a flea market near the lake
- Head back towards BLR, dinner on our way
- Day 3 Back to Bengaluru
- Reach back Bengaluru early in the morning.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semis-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Guest house with beds/mattress, clean washrooms.
- Rooms with comfortable bedding, hot water.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner (veg) are included. Meals during journey are self-sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kodaikanal & Vattakanal Trip below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (avoid suitcase/trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get very cold at night.
- Carry a bit of cash for the meals which are not included and misc expenses.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Tin Factory: 8:30 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 8:50 PM
• In front of HP world on service road
• Opposite side of Mahindra Showroom
Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:20 PM
• Near Aswad Hospital
• In front of Renault Silk Board showroom
Electronic City: 9:50 PM
• Near BMW Showroom
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Feb to May (summer): Pleasant climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Thick clouds, intermittent rains, wet climate. Weather is highly unpredictable, so we need to carry rain coats. The place really comes alive during the monsoons like all hill stations.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Dry and cold climate throughout the day. Very cold at night. Plenty of water in the lakes. Need to carry thick sweaters.
- Homestay (rooms on 3 to 4 sharing with attached bathrooms)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts (Sat, Sun), 1 Dinner (Sat) – All Veg
- Mannavanur Lake, Poombarai village visit
- Vattakanal trek, visit to tourist attractions
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- Lunches, Dinner on Day 2
- Cycling, coracle or any special activity
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
Kodaikanal is a place for all seasons. Every season offers something special. In monsoons, one can witness river streams and brimming Lakes. Winters are very cold and misty. Summers are very pleasant and offer clear views but less water in lakes. Common throughout the year is its cold climate.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!