Chikmagalur Trails with Coffee Estate stayfrom
Chikmagalur Trip from Bangalore
– A weekend trip to the coffee land of Chikmagalur with trekking, offbeat trails, and a Coffee estate stay experience amidst the highest mountains of Karnataka.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a fun-filled weekend to Chikmagalur with Jeep ride to the highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri, a chilling dip in the Buttermilk waterfalls, a Coffee Estate homestay, easy trekking to offbeat Bandekallu Gudda, good food and a lot of socializing.
The coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur located at a distance of 250 Km from Bangalore is famous for its elegant hills and enchanting views, along with its aromatic coffee. Apart from being scenic, Chikmagalur is also a paradise for the trekking lovers who love to explore high mountains surrounded by rainforests. Bababudangiri mountain range offers spectacular landscapes of the Western Ghats with deep sudden dips. While monsoons fill the landscapes with misty clouds, drier months present cool breezes and peaceful sunsets.
After checking into our Coffee estate stay, we shall go on a ride to Mullayannagiri peak standing at 1930 meters above sea level. There is a temple at the top from where we get a panoramic view of surrounding valleys. High altitude of this mountain attracts heavy winds with enchanting views. We will explore Buttermilk waterfalls where water dripping from the boulders is almost as white as buttermilk most part of the year. Interested folks may take shower under the waterfalls. Another attraction is Bababudangiri hills where the views are as beautiful as they can get.
After spending ample amount of time in the mountains, we will head back to homestay for an eventful night.
The next day we will give a visit to the Princess statue of Chikmagalur town where we can indulge in a bit of coffee tasting and shopping, visit beautiful Hirekolale Lake, do an offbeat trek to Bandekallu Gudda that takes an hour on a rugged trail through coffee estates. On our way back to Bangalore, we will take a pit stop at Yagachi backwaters.
Altogether, Chikmagalur trekking & coffee estate stay experience is a short and sweet treat for a relaxing weekend.
Highlights of the Chikmagalur Trip:
- Coffee Estate Stay Experience
- Highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri
- Hirekolale Lake
- Buttermilk waterfalls dip
- Offbeat Bandekallu Gudda Trek 😍
- Bababudangiri Hills
- Princess statue of Chikmagalur
- Yagachi Backwaters with water sports
- Campfire with a social gathering in the night
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Journey to Chikkamagaluru
- Start from Bangalore, overnight journey to Chikmagalur.
- Day 1 Highest peak Mullayanagiri, Buttermilk Falls, Bababudangiri hills
- Check into the the Coffee estate homestay, freshen up & have Breakfast.
- Head to the base of highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayanagiri, switch to one of the local vehicles waiting to ferry people from parking to the top of the hill. One can encounter many hairpin bends on this narrow and curvy road.
- There are 100 odd stairs to climb to reach the summit. After soaking in the sun and witnessing amazing views take the jeep ride back to the base
- Finish Lunch at a local restaurant. Food options are limited here.
- Head to Buttermilk waterfalls (also called Jhari waterfalls), take a rejuvenating dip under chilling water. In order to reach falls from parking area, one can hike down or take local vehicle like jeep or bike at Jhari falls, if available at that time.
- Move ahead to stunning views of Bababudangiri range, witness a deep valley usually filled with mist and clouds.
- Return towards Chikmagalur town, visit Chikka Magalu (King’s ”younger daughter”) statue from which the name of the town derives. One can taste and shop for Chikmagalur coffee over here. In case we get delayed, this place can be explored on next day also.
- Get back to the homestay and refresh.
- Campfire with delicious dinner and social gathering at night with long conversations.
- We can play our music, sing, dance and what not!
- Rest in your assigned rooms.
- Day 2 Offbeat Bandekallu Trek, Hirekolale Lake, Yagachi Backwaters
- Start the day early, freshen up.
- Head to the base of Bandekallu Gudda 😍 mountain and start trekking. It takes about an hour of leisurely trek to reach the summit. It can get slippery at the peak because of rocky surface, especially during rains.
- Have Breakfast, pack your bags, check out of the estate homestay.
- Give a visit to beautiful Hirekolale Lake which is located at a breathtaking location in the middle of lush green coffee estates.
- Take a pit stop at Yagachi Backwaters that offers many exciting water sports. Have Lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Indulge in activities such as Banana ride, Bumper ride, Speed boat etc. (self sponsored) with life jackets and take a dip in the fresh waters of Yagachi. The water sports are available most part of the year. Sometimes during rains they are stopped by authorities.
- Start back to Bangalore and reach by night before Dinner time.
- Share your experience of a weekend trip to Chikmagalur with your friends and colleagues.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push-back seats).
- Note: This trip involves an overnight journey on a pushback Seater (not a sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially the last row of the vehicle).
- Homestay: Rooms on sharing basis.
- Each room has comfortable beds, pillows, and blankets
- The property is amidst a lush green Coffee estate away from the main Chikmagalur town.
- 2 Breakfasts and 1 Dinner (Veg/Nonveg) are included.
- Lunches are self-sponsored.
- Please check the Inclusions, and Exclusions of the Chikmagalur Trip package below for a complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Bandekallu Gudda trek 5 Km (up & down).
- Time taken: Usually 2 to 3 hours.
- Difficulty level: Easy to Moderate.
- Terrain type: Rocky, Mountain climbing.
- Can beginners attempt this trek? Yes.
Things to Carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guest house
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 10:00 PM
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
Marathahalli: 10:20 PM
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 10:40 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
Goraguntepalya: 11:30 to 11:50 PM (based on traffic)
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
What’s next after booking your trip:
- These trips involve traveling with strangers and night stays (If any). Please be mindful that:
- You will need to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) contact details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Chikmagalur, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. There will be plenty of water at Buttermilk waterfalls. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Plenty of water in the falls to take a shower. Amazing sunsets at Bababudangiri.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. Still good for trekking with cheerful days and cold breeze. Landscapes are more brownish, a good time to escape the city and its summer heat. Buttermilk waterfall usually has a good amount of water in summer also. Sunsets are pleasant.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini Bus, Non AC), Tolls, Permits
- Stay at a beautiful Coffee Estate homestay
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner (Veg & Non veg)
- Bandekallu gudda trek (very beautiful)
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Lead(s)
- Visit to many tourist attractions like Hirekolale, Bababudangiri etc.
- Jeep or special vehicle charges for Buttermilk waterfalls and Mullayanagiri (this will be shared between group members)
- Water sports at Yagachi
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
April 15, 2023 - April 16, 2023
Available (Starting Friday night 10 PM - Return Sunday night 10 PM)