Chikmagalur Trek & Jeep Trailsfrom
Kemmanagundi, Mullayanagiri & Buttermilk Waterfalls Jeep, Chikmagalur
– A weekend trip to the coffee land of Chikmagalur with a trek to Z Point Kemmanagundi, Jeep trails to highest peak Mullayanagiri & buttermilk waterfalls.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a fun-filled, action-packed weekend with trekking to Z Point Kemmanagundi, Jeep ride to the highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri, another Jeep ride with a chilling dip in the Buttermilk waterfalls, plenty of view points, coffee estates, good food and a lot of socializing – all in the beautiful mountains of Chikmagalur.
The coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur located at a distance of 250 Km from Bangalore is famous for its elegant hills and enchanting views, along with its aromatic coffee. Apart from being scenic, Chikmagalur is also a paradise for the trekking lovers who love to explore high mountains surrounded by rainforests. Bababudangiri mountain range offers spectacular landscapes of the Western Ghats with deep sudden dips. While monsoons fill the landscapes with misty clouds, drier months present cool breezes and peaceful sunsets.
On Day 1, we shall go on a jeep ride to Mullayannagiri peak standing at 1930 meters above sea level. here is a temple at the top from where we get a panoramic view of surrounding valleys. We will then move to Bababudangiri hills where the scenery is as beautiful as it can get. We will then head to Buttermilk waterfalls on a bumpy Jeep ride. As the name suggests, water dripping from the boulders is almost as white as buttermilk. We shall take shower, take numerous pics, and change to drier clothes.
On Day 2, we shall go on a trek to Kemmanagundi Z Point which takes 2 hours to hike up. The trek path crisscrosses between rich forest and lush green meadows. High altitude also attracts heavy winds. After spending an ample amount of time relaxing at the top. On our way back to Bangalore, we shall give a visit to the princess statue of Chikmagalur town where we can indulge in a bit of coffee tasting and shopping.
Altogether, the Chikmagalur trekking experience is a great treat for the weekend.
Highlights of the Chikmagalur Trip:
- Kemmanagundi Z Point Trek
- Jeep ride to the highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri
- Jeep ride to Buttermilk waterfalls with a dip
- Captivating views of Baba Budangiri mountain range
- Princess statue of Chikmagalur
- Campfire with a social gathering in the night
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Schedule
- Reach homestay early in the morning, freshen up and have breakfast.
- Trip Leader will handover packed Lunch to travelers.
- Head to the base of highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri, switch to one of the jeeps waiting to ferry people from parking to the top of the hill. One can encounter many hairpin bends on this narrow and curvy road.
- There are 100 odd stairs to climb to reach the summit. After soaking in the sun and witnessing amazing views take the jeep ride back to the base.
- Finish Lunch, Jeep ride to Buttermilk waterfalls take a rejuvenating dip under chilling water
- Drive to stunning views of Bababudangiri range, witness the deep valley usually filled with mist and clouds during monsoons.
- Come back to the homestay and refresh.
- Campfire with delicious dinner and social gathering at night with long conversations.
- Rest in your assigned rooms or tents.
- Note: The day would have started early and ended early as there was no trek today.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Start the day early, freshen up and have early Breakfast.
- Pack your bags, check out of the homestay,
- Head to the base of Kemmanagundi and start trekking. It takes about 2 hours of leisurely trek to reach the summit. It’s a breathtaking experience to hike up with deep valley on one side and the mighty mountain on the other side.
- The peak of this mountain appears to be in the shape of Z. As opposed to a day before at Mullayanagiri, one would see very less crowd at Kemmanagundi Z point today as this is more offbeat.
- Break for Lunch at a local restaurant (basic food available here as it is a remote location)
- Move towards Chikmagalur town, visit Chikka Magalu (King’s ”younger daughter”) statue from which the name of the town derives from. One can taste and shop for Chikmagalur coffee over here.
- Drive back to BLR and reach by night before your Dinner time.
- Share your experience of a weekend trip to Chikmagalur with your friends and colleagues.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Homestay (Rooms) and Tents both.
- Rooms have comfortable beds, blankets and pillows.
- Tents have mats and sleeping bags
- Separate for Men and Women.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (Veg) are included.
- Food during journey is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Chikmagalur Trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Z point Kemmanagundi Trek Distance: 5 Km (up & down).
- Time taken: Usually 3 to 4 hours.
- Difficulty level: Easy to Moderate.
- Terrain type: Mountain climbing, Grassland.
- Can beginners attempt this trek? Yes.
Things to Carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guest house
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 10:00 PM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 10:20 PM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 10:30 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Goraguntepalya: 11:00 to 11:20 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Chikmagalur, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. There will be plenty of water at Buttermilk waterfalls. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Plenty of water in the falls to take a shower. Amazing sunsets at Bababudangiri.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. Still good for trekking with cheerful days and cold breeze. Landscapes are more brownish, a good time to escape the city and its summer heat. Buttermilk waterfall usually has a good amount of water in summer also. Sunsets are pleasant.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini Bus, Non AC)
- Stay at a beautiful estate homestay cum Campsite (sharing basis)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Jeep ride
- Visit to all places in Highlights section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Lead
- Lunch while traveling back
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.