Uttari Betta Trekfrom
Uttari Betta Trek or Hutridurga Trek
– An easy on the body, pretty on the eye trek to a beautiful hillock named Uttaribetta near Bangalore.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails and Monks on Wheels are coming together for a day trek to beautiful hillock Uttari Betta.
Uttari Betta or Hutridurga is a popular hillock located at a distance of 80 Km from Bangalore is a famous trekking spot. This trek takes you on an open landscape with a grand view. The trail begins at a small village, passing through the fort walls, followed by stone doors – seven of them in total. On the midway of the trek, there is a Shiva temple.
The view from the top of the temple is one of the memorable parts of the trek. After crossing the temple, a small jungle-cave appears and finally grassland over the hill which is surrounded by huge boulders.
There are a fort and a temple to explore at the top. We can also take cool reflection pictures at a man-made pool.
It’s a perfect sunrise hike with an easy trek and beautiful views.
What do you say, let’s go? 😎
- Day 1 Uttari Betta
- Start at 5 AM from Bangalore
- A total journey of 3.5 hours will take us to the base of Kunti betta.
- Grab your snack pack from the Trek Lead and get ready with your torches.
- Start hiking up the first hill around 5 AM, relax at the top before the sunrise. Revel at the golden rays of the Sun.
- Hike up another hill named Onake Betta adjacent to Kunti Betta, enjoy the picturesque setting with the hill and the lake as backdrop.
- The overall trek to both the hills will take 3.5 to 4 hours up and down.
- Trek down to the base, and head to Breakfast place around 10 AM.
- Start back to Bangalore, reach by Lunch time.
- Note: If the group members are interested, we can stop at a restaurant on Mysore-Bangalore highway and have Lunch together.
- Reach home by late afternoon.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Hebbal: 5 AM
- Hebbal Bus Stop on ORR (towards Tin Fact.)
Tin Factory: 5:20 AM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 5:35 AM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Silk Board: 06:00 AM
- Silk Board bus stop
RR Nagar: 06:45 AM
- RR Nagar Metro
Note: Pick up can be done anywhere on ORR in the above route like Manyata, Banaswadi, Bellandur, Sarjapur Signal, HSR etc.
Things to carry for Uttari Betta Trek:
- A small backpack for the trek (water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Torch Light or Mobile torch
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (based on weather forecast)
What’s next after booking Uttari Betta Trek:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us at the Uttaribetta trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant weather, dry climate for Uttaribetta trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually change this to Uttaribetta Sunrise trek, we would start in Bangalore around midnight. This posting will be updated by then.
- Travel by (Tempo or Mini Bus with push-back seats)
- Snack pack
- Trek Leader(s)
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It is one of the easiest treks around Bangalore. This trip is more of a relaxed day outing rather than a trek.