Uttari Betta Trekfrom
Uttari Betta Trek or Hutridurga Trek
– An easy on the body, pretty on the eye trek to a beautiful hillock named Uttaribetta near Bangalore.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails and Monks on Wheels are coming together for a day trek to beautiful hillock Uttari Betta.
Uttari Betta or Hutridurga is a popular hillock located at a distance of 80 Km from Bangalore is a famous trekking spot. This trek takes you on an open landscape with a grand view. The trail begins at a small village, passing through the fort walls, followed by stone doors – seven of them in total. On the midway of the trek, there is a Shiva temple.
The view from the top of the temple is one of the memorable parts of the trek. After crossing the temple, a small jungle-cave appears and finally grassland over the hill which is surrounded by huge boulders.
There are a fort and a temple to explore at the top. We can also take cool reflection pictures at a man-made pool.
It’s a perfect day outing with an easy trek and beautiful views.
What do you say, let’s go?
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 1 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning, grab your snacks kit as we pick everyone up.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours in the south-west direction, after we exit the Bangalore city, will take us to the base of Uttaribetta.
- We shall hike up from the village, enjoy the picturesque setting of a lake, explore the fort, temple, take some reflection pictures at a man-made pond, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Start back to Bangalore, have our Brunch at a local restaurant (North/South meals).
- Reach home by evening.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Tin Factory: 6 AM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 6:15 AM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 6:35 AM
- Silk Board bus stop
RR Nagar: 7:15 AM
- RR Nagar Metro
Things to carry for Uttari Betta Trek:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip shoes or sandals
What’s next after booking Uttari Betta Trek:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us at the Uttaribetta trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant weather, dry climate for Uttaribetta trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually change this to Uttaribetta Sunrise trek, we would start in Bangalore around midnight. This posting will be updated by then.
- Travel by (Tempo or Mini Bus with push back seats)
- Morning snacks kit (before trek)
- Brunch – North/South meals (after trek)
- Trek Leader(s)
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It is one of the easiest treks around Bangalore. This trip is more of a relaxed day outing rather than a trek.