Sakleshpur Trek, Coffee Estate Campingfrom
Sakleshpur Trek & Camping | Bangalore
Presenting a fun-filled, relaxing weekend trip with easy trekking, camping with coffee estate homestay, waterfalls, fort, good food – all in the beautiful mountains of Sakleshpur.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Sakleshpur, which is almost a well kept secret hill station of Karnataka is actually the nearest hill station from Bangalore. Located at a distance of 220 Km from the city, Sakleshpur town falls on the Bangalore Mangalore highway. In this trip, we will explore deeper parts of this hill station tucked away in its coffee estates and spice gardens.
We will start with an easy trek through the rich meadows of Pandavas hill overlooking much higher mountains of Sakleshpur and deep valleys. This 3 layered mountain presents exquisite sceneries on climbing up each level. On the way to the top, we will explore an ancient temple tucked in the middle of thick vegetation, a small forest pond with seasonal waterfalls.
Taking a dip in the chilling waters of Habbi waterfalls formed by the Hemavathi river is another experience to look forward to. The brute force of waterfalls in the months of July/Aug may force us to take a dip in adjacent streams, with the levels of water changing every month. While camping in Sakleshpur gives a wonderful experience, we also have a homestay with limited beds as well for those who feel comfortable to stay in the rooms instead of tents.
The highlight of the trip is an early morning off-road jeep ride to Devil’s hill for the sunrise. The bumpy open-top ride followed by a small hike treats us with exquisite views with the Sun rays coming out of thick clouds underneath our eyes. The morning freshness of moving fog and chilling breeze may add up to the glory in monsoons. As you can expect, the scene keeps changing every season and every weekend.
We will also visit a star-shaped military fort close to the town. This picturesque 18th-century fort with unique architecture is a must-visit attraction in Sakleshpur town. One can walk to each of the 8 edges of the star to have panoramic views of vast grasslands and misty mountains.
Finally, we shall take a pit stop at beautiful backwaters formed by the Hemavathi river, which is a tributary of the Kaveri river, where we can spot a church that is submerged in the waters (July to Nov), almost appearing like a sinking ship. As the water levels recede in later months, we can actually walk down to the fort and touch it.
If you are looking for a relaxing weekend trip to unwind and detox, Sakleshpur is the place for it.
Highlights of the Sakleshpur Trip:
- Hike beautiful 3 tired Pandavas mountain
- Dip Under Habbi waterfalls
- Coffee estate Homestay
- Camping + rooms both
- Star-shaped Manjarabad Fort visit,
- Off-road Jeep ride to Devils Hill,
- Beautiful Hemavathi Backwaters
- Floating Church of Shettihalli
- Delicious Food (veg and non-veg)
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Check in to Coffee Estate homestay cum campsite early in the morning, rest for a while, freshen up.
- Have an awesome Breakfast to fuel up, get ready for the trek.
- Hike up Pandavara Gudda mountain and enjoy the misty valleys and higher mountains of Sakleshpur, including Jenukallu Gudda (one of the highest peaks of Karnataka). There are plenty of boulders at the top to sit back and relax.
- Come back to the homestay, break for a leisurely lunch, rest for a while.
- Walkthrough the Coffee estates to reach Habbi waterfalls, play in the water, walk back to the homestay, chill out in the evening.
- Have a hot tea/coffee in already cold weather, play some group games, and chit chat.
- Campfire (we even have a covered area to avoid the rain) with delicious dinner.
- Music and social gathering in the night Rest in your assigned tents or in the rooms.
- Early morning, off-road open-top Jeep ride to the base of Devil’s hill, hike up the remaining part of the hill to witness amazing sunrise with a valley filled with mist and moving clouds.
- Drive back to the homestay, have Breakfast.
- Pack your bags, say Bye to our Campsite, take a final round of pictures in morning freshness.
- Head to the beautiful star-shaped Manjarabad fort, climb up to the edges, explore the place, take a lot of pictures here.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit vast stretches of Hemavathi backwaters and along with that, the floating Church.
- Drive back to BLR and reach by night around 9 PM
- Share your experience of a laid back weekend trip to Sakleshpur with your friends and colleagues.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Sakleshpur, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. There will be plenty of water at Habbi waterfalls. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Plenty of water in the falls to take a shower. Best time for campfires.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate, but pleasant weather. Water would dry up in the falls. We usually avoid organizing Sakleshpur post mid-Feb.
What's next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the trip
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 10 or more
- Stay at lovely coffee estate homestay/campsite on sharing basis, clean washrooms
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (veg and nonveg) included
- Trek difficulty level: Easy
- Trek distance: 5 Km up and down
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-ac)
- Starting time: Friday night 10 PM
- Ending time: Sunday night around 9 PM
- Pick up / Drop spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar, Koramangala, Goraguntepalya
Pickup Points, Timings:
Tin Factory bus stop: 10:00 PM
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Near foot over bridge
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 10:15 PM
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur flyover
Koramangala Sony World Signal: 10:30 PM
- Just in front of Manyavar
- On 80 Feet Road
Goraguntepalya Metro station bus stop: 11:15 to 11:45 PM (based on traffic)
- Where Outer Ring Road (ORR) meets the highway
- On the service road in front of People Tree Hospital
Things to Carry for Sakleshpur Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Stay at our lovely homestay cum campsite (neat & clean washrooms)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (veg and nonveg)
- Experience all the places in highlights section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- A lot of action and entertainment!
- Lunch on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!