The Colors of Pondicherryfrom
Pondicherry Trip from Hyderabad
It’s time to walk barefoot on the beach again. It’s time for a fantastic weekend getaway to the beautiful beach town Pondicherry from Hyderabad.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Small Group
How about a trip full of action and fun? How about serene beaches, colorful streets, a bit of history, lots of tasty food, all in a refreshing coastal setting overlooking the Bay of Bengal?
We will start the trip by taking an overnight luxury Bus from Hyderabad to Chennai. As we feel the warm sea breeze of the coastal city, we will board a local Bus from Chennai to Pondicherry.
Pondicherry was a French colony in India for more than 350 years. The breeze of French history is still felt in the streets of Pondy with its colorful buildings, clean surroundings, and laid back lifestyle. It has a diverse set of things to offer for travelers like us. Since there is always a good amount of traffic in Pondicherry, the best way to explore the attractions of the town is by driving scooters.
We will drive to the beautiful beaches (Promenade, Serenity, Paradise), take a dip in the Sea, visit colorful streets of French colony with colonial architecture, Lighthouse, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Museum, the heritage village of Auroville – an experimental township where people from all countries, races, castes, creeds, and political ideologies can live together in peace.
We will also try the French cuisine, taste some deserts in French bakeries, and indulge in shopping close to White Town, a famous colony in the heart of Pondicherry.
Two days of this action-packed schedule will make us taste all the major attractions of Pondicherry. We will pack a bunch of sweet memories as we come back to Hyderabad.
- Explore Pondy by Scooters
- The French Colony walk
- Serenity Beach Dip
- Pondicherry Museum, Aurobindo ashram
- Auroville “Golden Globe” visit
- Paradise Beach Dip
- Ousteri Lake visit (If time permits)
- Promenade (Rock Beach)
- Cafe Hopping
- Lots of shopping
- Comfortable Sleeper Travel
- Saturday night inhouse-party at our stay
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Hyderabad in the evening, overnight journey to Chennai
- Day 1 Schedule
- Freshen up at a local restaurant (no shower at this point), have Breakfast
- Hop onto local Public Transport Bus on a beautiful journey of 3 hours on East Coast Road to Pondicherry.
- Reach our guest house and freshen up,
- Stroll through the French colony, experience the culture, visit the monuments, museums, and Aurobindo Ashram.
- Have Lunch at a restaurant in the middle of the walk.
- Pick your Scooter for the best experience of exploring Pondicherry (2 persons on 1 scooter)
- Take a trip to ”Auroville” – a unique township which is very famous among travelers visiting Pondicherry. Auroville is home to people from different countries who live in peace. The place is self-sustained, well maintained, and calm. A wide range of handicrafts and locally made souvenirs are sold here.
Note: We will not go inside ”Matrimandir” or ”Golden Globe” as it needs prior permission. Instead, we will visit it from outside as part of our Auroville trip.
- Drive to Serenity Beach play in the water, walk barefoot on the sand
Note: sometimes when there is high tide, Police may stop people from entering the Sea. We cannot help it
- Drive back to the guest house by late evening and take shower.
- Get set for the in-house party (You can order and try Pizzas, Pastas, etc for Dinner).
- Take rest in the rooms with beds and mattresses.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Fuel up with a good Breakfast, freshen up, and check out of our Guesthouse.
- Head straight to Paradise Beach, play in the water one more time, or just play Frisbee, refresh at change rooms on the Beach.
- Shop shop shop! Pondy is an awesome shopping destination. The clothes, chocolates, souvenirs, leather items…what not!
- Stopover for a late lunch at one of those numerous Cafes serving French /Italian food.
- Drop our bikes off early in the evening.
- Say “Au revoir” (goodbye) to Pondicherry and take a local Bus towards Chennai.
- Finish Dinner in Chennai and board Hyderabad Bus around 10 PM with lots of memories.
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your experience of a weekend trip to Pondicherry with your friends and colleagues.
- Sleeper Train from Hyderabad to Chennai
- Starting time: Friday evening 6 PM
- Pickup spots: Nampally Railway station (6 PM), Secunderabad (6:20 PM)
- Chennai, Pondy round trip by Public Transport vehicle
- Pondy exploration by Scooters (Activa or Scooty) 🚴 on 2 sharing
- AC Sleeper Bus from Chennai to Hyderabad
- Hyderabad drop off timing Monday 9 AM
Things to carry for Pondicherry Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip.
- Disposable garbage covers (to separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the Beach
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for food, shopping, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- 6 months of the year starting from September to February is the best time to travel to Pondicherry. This is the time we organize Pondicherry trips from Hyderabad usually.
- The Sea is disturbed during Monsoons (Jun to Aug), and Summers (Mar to May) is too hot and humid. Better to avoid traveling to Pondicherry in these months.
- Stay at our Guest House (separate rooms for each gender, clean bathrooms)
- Travel everywhere (Sleeper Train, AC Sleeper Bus, Public Buses, Scooters with Petrol)
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights
- Entry tickets everywhere
- Trip Leader
- A lot of entertainment !!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.