Pondicherry Trip | Hyderabadfrom
Pondicherry Trip from Hyderabad
It’s time for a fantastic weekend getaway to the colorful beach town of Pondicherry from Hyderabad.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Small Group
How about a trip full of colors and fun? How about serene beaches, pretty streets, a bit of history, lots of tasty food, all in a refreshing coastal setting overlooking the Bay of Bengal?
Pondicherry was a French colony in India for more than 350 years. The breeze of French history is still felt in the streets of Pondy with its colorful buildings, clean surroundings, and laid back lifestyle. It has a diverse set of things to offer for travelers.
As part of this trip, we will visit beautiful beaches (Promenade, Serenity, Paradise), take a dip in the Sea, visit colorful streets of French colony with colonial architecture, Lighthouse, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, and the heritage village of Auroville – an experimental township where people from all countries, races, castes, creeds, and political ideologies can live together in peace.
We will also try the French cuisine, taste some deserts in bakeries, and indulge in shopping close to White Town, a famous colony in the heart of Pondicherry.
Two days of this action-packed schedule will make us taste all the major attractions of Pondicherry. We will pack a bunch of sweet memories as we come back to Hyderabad.
- The French Colony walk
- Serenity Beach Dip
- Aurobindo ashram and Museum
- Auroville “Golden Globe” visit
- Paradise Beach
- Promenade (Rock Beach)
- Pichavaram mangroves (If time permits)
- Comfortable Sleeper Travel
- Day 0 Onward journey to Chennai
- Start from Hyderabad in the evening, overnight journey to Chennai
- Day 1 Pondicherry
- Freshen up at a local restaurant (no shower at this point), have Breakfast
- As per our group size, we will hop onto local Public Transport Bus or a private vehicle.
- A beautiful journey of 3 hours on the East Coast Road to reach Pondicherry.
- Check into our guest house, quick freshen up.
- Stroll through the French colony, experience the colors, visit the museum, and Aurobindo Ashram.
- Have Lunch at a restaurant.
- Take a trip to ”Auroville” – a unique township which is very famous among travelers visiting Pondicherry. Auroville is home to people from different countries who live in peace. The place is self-sustained, well maintained, and calm. A wide range of handicrafts and locally made souvenirs are sold here.
Note: We will not go inside ”Matrimandir” or ”Golden Globe” as it needs prior permission. Instead, we will visit it from outside as part of our Auroville trip.
- Head to Serenity Beach. play in the water, walk barefoot on the sand
Note: sometimes when there is high tide, Police may stop people from entering the Sea. We cannot help it.
- Drive back to the guest house by late evening and take bath.
- Get set for the social gathering at our stay (You may order Dinner).
- Retire for the day around mid-night.
- Day 2 Pichavaram,
- Fuel up with Breakfast, freshen up, and check out of the stay.
- Head straight to Paradise Beach, play in the water one more time, or just play Frisbee, refresh at change rooms on the Beach.
- Shop shop shop! Pondy is an awesome shopping destination. The clothes, chocolates, souvenirs, leather items…what not!
- Stopover for a late lunch.
- (If we took bikes) Drop our bikes off early in the evening.
- Say “Au revoir” (goodbye) to Pondicherry and take a local Bus towards Chennai.
- Finish Dinner in Chennai and board Hyderabad Bus around 10 PM with lots of memories.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your experience of a weekend trip to Pondicherry with your friends and colleagues.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Sleeper Train from Hyderabad to Chennai
- Starting time: Friday evening 6 PM
- Pickup spots: Nampally Railway station (6 PM), Secunderabad (6:20 PM)
- Chennai, Pondy round trip by Public Transport vehicle
- Pondy exploration by Scooters (Activa or Scooty) 🚴 on 2 sharing
- AC Sleeper Bus from Chennai to Hyderabad
- Hyderabad drop off timing Monday 9 AM
Things to carry for Pondicherry Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip.
- Disposable garbage covers (to separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the Beach
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for food, shopping, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- 6 months of the year starting from September to February is the best time to travel to Pondicherry. This is the time we organize Pondicherry trips from Hyderabad usually.
- The Sea is disturbed during Monsoons (Jun to Aug), and Summers (Mar to May) is too hot and humid. Better to avoid traveling to Pondicherry in these months.
- Stay at our Guest House (separate rooms for each gender, clean bathrooms)
- Travel everywhere (Sleeper Train, AC Sleeper Bus, Public Buses, Scooters with Petrol)
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights
- Entry tickets everywhere
- Trip Leader
- A lot of entertainment !!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.