Pondicherry – A Road Tripfrom
Pondicherry Road Trip | Bangalore
It’s time to walk barefoot on the beach again. It’s time for a fantastic weekend getaway to “a corner in India that is forever French” Pondicherry.
- Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
How about a road trip full of action and fun? How about serene beaches, colorful streets, a bit of history, lots of tasty food, all in a refreshing coastal setting of Pondicherry?
Being a French colony in India for more than 350 years, the breeze of French history is still felt in the streets of Pondicherry with its colorful buildings, clean surroundings, and laid back lifestyle. It has a diverse set of things to offer for tourists.
We will head to the beautiful beaches (Promenade, Serenity, Paradise), take a dip in the Sea, visit colorful streets of French colony with colonial architecture, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Museum, the heritage village of Auroville – an experimental township where people from all countries, races, castes, creeds, and political ideologies can live together in peace.
We will also try the French cuisine, taste some deserts in French bakeries, and indulge in shopping close to White Town, a famous colony in the heart of Pondicherry.
Highlights of the Pondicherry Trip:
- The French Colony walk
- Serenity Beach Dip
- Pondicherry Museum, Aurobindo ashram
- Auroville “Golden Globe” visit
- Paradise Beach Dip
- Ousteri Lake visit
- Evening at Promenade (Rock Beach)
- Cafe Hopping
- Lots of shopping
- Saturday night inhouse-party at our stay
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Schedule
- Reach Pondy early in the morning check into the home-stay
- Freshen up, have a nice & fulfilling breakfast
- Explore French colony on foot. Experience the culture, visit the monuments, museum, have lunch & visit Aurobindo ashram
- Take a trip to ”Auroville” – a unique township which is very famous among travellers visiting Pondicherry. Auroville is home to people from different countries who live in peace. The place is self-sustained, well maintained and calm. A wide range of handicrafts and locally made souvenirs are sold here.
Note: We will not go inside ”Matrimandir” or ”Golden Globe” as it needs prior permission. Instead we will visit it from outside as part of our Auroville trip.
- Drive to Serenity Beach play in the water, walk barefoot
- Head back to the home-stay, take a nice shower
- Get set for the in-house party. You can order Dinner and Drinks to the guest house. Sometimes we may even opt for a Pub night depending on the group choice!
- Note: If any place mentioned above is not open, then we cannot help it. We can try to visit an alternate place as Pondicherry has many other attractions.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Fuel up with good Breakfast, freshen up and check out of our Guest house.
- Head straight to Paradise Beach, play in the water one more time, or just play Frisbee, refresh at change rooms on the Beach.
- Shop shop shop! Pondy is an awesome shopping destination. The clothes, chocolates, souvenirs, leather items…what not!
- Stop over for a late Lunch at one of those numerous Cafes serving French /Italian food.
- Go on an evening trip to Ousteri Lake, take a ferry ride (Self-sponsored), enjoy a peaceful sunset. Being located on the East Coast, Pondicherry is famous for its sunrise, understandably. But surprisingly, Ousteri Lake presents a beautiful sunset in Pondicherry. It is an offbeat place where not many tourists will visit.
- Come back to the town, enjoy a glittering evening at the Rock beach & spend a leisurely time looking at the waves.
- We can try some street food for Dinner. Things like spicy macaroni, chocolate pastries, cheese cakes are a treat for taste buds!
- And finally say “Au revoir” (good bye) to Pondicherry around 9 PM
- Overnight journey back to Bangalore!!
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home early in the morning
- Share your beautiful Pondicherry weekend story with your friends and family
Travel: Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
Stay: Service Apartment / Guest house (based on availability), with clean beds, mattress, washrooms
Food: Breakfasts included. Rest is self-sponsored.
Things to carry for Pondicherry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Adhaar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip.
- Disposable garbage covers (to separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the Beach
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for food, shopping and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Tin Factory: 10:00 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 10:20 PM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 10:50 PM
- Near Aswad Hospital
Electronics City: 11:10 PM
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- Sept to Feb: Pondicherry has a pleasant climate after monsoons until the beginning of summer. Peak season comes towards the end of the year. Note that there will be seasonal cyclones in the Bay of Bengal a couple of weekends towards Oct/Nov which we cannot predict in advance. Based on the weather forecast at that time, we may have to cancel a trip or two in those months.
- June to Aug: Monsoon months are a good time to visit Pondicherry for a leisurely trip. But getting in the Sea would be risky because of the high tide.
- Mar to May: It gets hot and humid in the summer months. There are other better places to travel in these months like Sakleshpur, Coorg, Chikmagalur, etc.
- Travel by Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Stay at our guesthouse (separate room for each gender, clean bathrooms)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights
- Entry tickets everywhere
- Trip Leader
- A lot of entertainment !!
- Lunches and Dinners
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
- 6 months of the year starting from September to February is the best time to travel to Pondicherry. This is the time we organize Pondicherry trips from Bangalore usually.
- The Sea is disturbed during Monsoons (Jun to Aug), and Summers (Mar to May) are too hot and humid. Better to avoid traveling to Pondicherry in these months.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!