Pondicherry – A Road Tripfrom
Pondicherry Road Trip | Bangalore
It’s time to walk barefoot on the beach again. It’s time for a fantastic weekend getaway to “a corner in India that is forever French” Pondicherry.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
How about a road trip full of action and fun? How about serene beaches, colorful streets, a bit of history, lots of tasty food, all in a refreshing coastal setting of Pondicherry?
Being a French colony in India for more than 350 years, the breeze of French history is still felt in the streets of Pondicherry with its colorful buildings, clean surroundings, and laid back lifestyle. It has a diverse set of things to offer for tourists.
We will head to the beautiful beaches (Promenade, Serenity, Paradise), take a dip in the Sea, visit colorful streets of French colony with colonial architecture, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Museum, the heritage village of Auroville – an experimental township where people from all countries, races, castes, creeds, and political ideologies can live together in peace.
We will also try the French cuisine, taste some deserts in French bakeries, and indulge in shopping close to White Town, a famous colony in the heart of Pondicherry.
Highlights of the Pondicherry Trip:
- The French Colony exploration
- Paradise Beach
- Evening at Promenade (Rock Beach)
- Pondicherry Lighthouse
- Serenity Beach dip
- Museum, Aurobindo ashram
- Auroville visit
- Lots of shopping
- Saturday night self-party at our stay
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Reach Pondy early in the morning check into the home-stay
- Freshen up, have a nice & fulfilling breakfast
- Explore French colony on foot. Experience the culture, visit the monuments, museum, have lunch & visit Aurobindo ashram
- Head to the lighthouse of Pondicherry that clearly portrays the Beaches, French colony and other parts of Pondicherry from the altitude of 100 ft tower. Viewing the town from the tallest tower will give you a memorable experience.
- Drive to Serenity Beach play in the water, walk barefoot
- Head back to the home-stay, take a nice shower
- Get set for the in-house party, with delicious ordered Dinner, try Pizzas, Pastas, etc!
- Fuel up with good Breakfast, freshen up and check out of our homestay
- Head straight to paradise beach, play in the water one more time, or just play Frisbee, refresh at change rooms there
- Shop shop shop! Pondy is an awesome shopping destination. The clothes, chocolates, souvenirs, leather items…what not!
- Stopover for Lunch at a restaurant
- Enjoy the glittering evening at the Rock beach & spend a leisurely time looking at the waves.
- For the street food lovers, things like spicy macaroni, chocolate café, famous mutton samosa are the actual treat for taste buds!
- And finally, say “Au revoir” (goodbye) to Pondicherry and head back to Bangalore!!
- Reach home early in the morning
- Share your beautiful Pondicherry weekend story with your friends and family
- Sept to Feb: Pondicherry has a pleasant climate after monsoons until the beginning of summer. Peak season comes towards the end of the year. Note that there will be seasonal cyclones in the Bay of Bengal a couple of weekends towards Oct/Nov which we cannot predict in advance. Based on the weather forecast at that time, we may have to cancel a trip or two in those months.
- June to Aug: Monsoon months are a good time to visit Pondicherry for a leisurely trip. But getting in the Sea would be risky because of the high tide.
- Mar to May: It gets hot and humid in the summer months. There are other better places to travel in these months like Sakleshpur, Coorg, Chikmagalur, etc.
What's next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
Pickup points, Timings:
Stop 1: 9:00 PM Tin Factory Bus stop
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Underfoot over bridge
Stop 2: 9:15 PM Indiranagar 100 Feet Road
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur Fly Over
Stop 3: 9:35 PM Koramangala – Sony World Signal
- Just in front of Sony World Bus stop
- On Intermediate Feet Road
Stop 4: (10:15 PM – 10:30 PM based on the traffic) Silk Board
- Silk Board Junction – end of flyover towards EC,
- Just in-front of Aswad Hospital
Stop 5: (10:45 PM – 11:00 PM based on the traffic) Electronic City
- Toll Plaza at the end of Electronic City flyover on Hosur road
Things to carry for Pondicherry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip.
- Disposable garbage covers (to separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the Beach
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for food, shopping and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Travel by Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Stay at our guesthouse (separate room for each gender, clean bathrooms)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights
- Entry tickets everywhere
- Trip Leader
- A lot of entertainment !!
- Lunches and Dinners
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
- 6 months of the year starting from September to February is the best time to travel to Pondicherry. This is the time we organize Pondicherry trips from Bangalore usually.
- The Sea is disturbed during Monsoons (Jun to Aug), and Summers (Mar to May) are too hot and humid. Better to avoid traveling to Pondicherry in these months.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!