Lonavala Trip, Lohagad Fort Trek, Pawna Lake Campingfrom
Lonavala Trip from Hyderabad
A relaxing weekend trip to a mesmerizing hill station in the Sahyadris with an easy hike to the beautiful Lohagad fort, captivating Pawna Lake camping, and many other attractions.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Small Group
Muddie Trails presents a mouth-watering experience at the beautiful destination of Lonavala. Located in the Sahyadri ranges of Maharashtra, Lonavala is blessed with breathtaking views and is definitely a relaxing and romantic getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Be awestruck by this majestic hill station as you admire its scenic beauty and epic history. Like the wholehearted blessings of nature, Lonavala is blessed with magnificent lush green mountains and spectacular valleys as well.
Being an exquisite place located in the Western region of the Indian state of Maharashtra, at a height of 625 meters above the sea level, it’s hard to describe its beauty, especially in the monsoon season.
We will hike up Lohagad fort (Easy trek) and see one of the most beautiful valleys of Sahyadris.
In the evening, we will chill out at the pristine Pawna Lake camp, get warm by the bonfire, and treat ourselves by tasting amazing local cuisine. Expecting rains? Worry not, as we have covered the campsite for the tents if it rains. Otherwise, in the clear winter and early summer season, camping is the best experience.
A magnificent 2000-year-old Karla caves of Lonavala that were built by Buddist monks for meditation is our next stop. Finally, we will also explore Lonavala town enjoying the cold climate, a beautiful dam, and a stunning viewpoint.
Come, join us on this beautiful journey to Lonavala.
Highlights of the Lonavala Trip:
- The Lonavala hill station
- Famous Lohagad Fort easy hike
- Pawna Lake with Camping
- Karla or Bhaje Caves
- Bushi Dam
- Tigers Leap
- Music & Dance at the campsite
- Good food
- Day 0 Journey from Hyderabad
- Overnight journey from Hyderabad to Pune or Lonavala.
- Day 1 Lohagad Trek, Pawna Lake Camping
- Reach Pune, quick freshen up and have Breakfast at a restaurant. Take local train to Lonavala (1.5 hours).
- Switch to private vehicle and head towards Lohagad fort base.
- Start hiking up the fort that has well laid 300+ stairs initially. Along the way, we get to see beautiful Pawna lake in the backdrop of lower Sahyadris.
- It’s a huge area to explore once we reach the top. It will easily take 2 hours to cover the entire fort.
- We will head to the thick ridge that is special to this fort, the corner of which is used to punish people committing crimes.
- Late evening, head to beautiful camp on the banks of Pawna Lake.
- Enjoy Chai with snacks as we laze around in the breezy evening.
- Revel in the warmth of the campfire after this.
- Have hot & delicious veg/non-veg dinner.
- Social gathering & group activities through the night, play our music, sing, and dance.
- Rest in the assigned tents.
- Day 2 Lonavala attractions
- Start the day with a hot breakfast around 8 AM.
- Reach the base of Karla or Bhaja caves and hike up towards this ancient wonder. Explore the caves, stone carvings and narrow paths for two hours.
- Head to Lonavala town, spend some quality time at Bushy dam, enjoy the scenic views of Tigers Leap point
- Do some shopping, taste some street food like Wada pav.
- Start back to Pune by local Train, reach by late evening.
- Catch return Bus back to Hyderabad. Overnight journey.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach Hyderabad in the morning.
- Share our beautiful little Lonavala weekend getaway story with our friends
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Sleeper Bus between Hyderabad and Pune/Lonavala
- Private local vehicle in Lonavala like Sumo/Qualis etc.
- At our beautiful Pawna Lake campsite.
- Tents on 2 or 3 sharing basis, common washrooms.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner Veg/Nonveg) included.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of section for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day (Friday).
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
Things to carry for Lonavala Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry water bottle, lunch packet, towel etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rain proof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls, if possible
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What is the best time to travel to Lonavala?
Lonavala is a pretty hill station in the Sahyadris of Maharashtra. Monsoons (Jun to Sept) have their own charm, you can see Lonavala at its best. Winters (Oct to Jan) are awesome to travel too and camping experience is delightful. One good thing about Pawna Lake is, there will be water in all seasons.
- Travel (Sleeper Bus from HYD and local tourist vehicle)
- Stay at our picturesque Pawna Lake Campsite (tents on 3/2 sharing, common washrooms)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (veg & non veg)
- Experience of all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- All entry tickets
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Lead
- A lot of action and entertainment!
- Food which is not mentioned above
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Terms & Conditions:
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform us about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.