Ooty Coonoor Trip | Hyderabadfrom
Ooty Coonoor Trip from Hyderabad
A road trip that takes you to gorgeous Ooty & Coonoor hill stations that are filled with splendid tea estates, pristine lakes, majestic mountains, dense shola forests and deep valleys.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeBackpacking, Leisurely, Road Trip
- Activity Level Easy
Do you wanna explore the quaint little villages in Nilgiris mountain range?
How about unwinding at majestic lakes like Emerald & Avalanche?
A drive through absolutely amazing views of majestic mountains that are older than Himalayas?
Take Bollywood style selfies amidst beautiful Tea estates?
Get thrilled by Shola forests so dense that feels like even flies can’t pass through?
Get chilled and have garam chai in the mountains?
Or just put your feet in a river stream & feel how beautiful life can get while traveling!
A little bit of wildlife maybe?
The pretty hill stations of Ooty and Coonoor offer everything mentioned above and a lot of peace of mind too!
Let’s know a bit more about this pretty hill station:
Nilgiris, translated as “Blue mountains” is a fairyland in the tri junction of 3 southern Indian states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. There are cloud kissing mountains, dense forests, rushing streams, undulating planes, breathtaking views of sudden drops, deep valleys, charming meadows. The Nilgiris biosphere is unique for its altitude as well as unique ecosystem. It boasts of the most popular tourist destination in South of India called Ooty as its capital.
The best thing about Ooty & Coonoor is their cold climate throughout the year. They attract lots of tourists in the summertime.
At a distance of roughly 150 Km from Mysore (our first stop from Hyderabad), The Ooty and Coonoor make a great weekend getaway from Hyderabad.
- Road Trip to Ooty and Coonoor
- Most beautiful Emerald & Avalanche Lakes of Ooty
- The Coonoor silent valley
- Sims Park Coonoor
- Tea estate nature walk
- Ooty Chocolate/Tea Factory visit
- Morning drive through Bandipur Reserve Forest
- Pykara Lake Ooty
- Guest house overlooking Tea estates
- Social gathering on Saturday night
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Hyderabad in the evening, overnight journey to Mysore
- Day 1 Schedule
- The road trip starts now!
- Drive through Bandipur and Madhumalai Wildlife sanctuaries whilst spotting Deer, Peacock, different species of birds, mammals and if lucky, even the Elephants.
- Stop over for a Breakfast at the outskirts of Ooty town. We won’t be freshening up now.
- Drive deep into Nilgiris enjoying scenic views of tea estates and colorful villages, check into our hilltop guest house close to Coonoor, freshen up
- Stroll around the Coonoor Tea estate overlooking a deep valley.
- Break for Lunch
- A drive to Sims Park Coonoor, witness most beautiful flowers and plantations.
- Look out for wildlings in the dense Shola forests, enjoy a warm cup of tea.
- Head back to the guest house by late evening, refresh
- Social gathering in the night with long conversations, sharing travel stories
- We can play soft music, sing, dance, group activities and what not!
- Have a hot dinner on a really cold night.
- Rest in the rooms, tucked up with thick blankets.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Wake up around 6 AM, freshen up, have breakfast.
- Pack your bags, check out of the guest house.
- Visit picturesque Emerald & Avalanche Lakes, click a hundred selfies. Put your feet in the chilled fresh water, relax and rejuvenate.
- Break for a quick Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Drive towards Ooty Tea cum Chocolate factory, taste different kinds of Chai, shop for your favorite Nilgiris Tea.
- Stop by at picturesque Pykara Lake, go on a boating, munch some street food
- Start back towards Mysore early evening, cross Madhumalai forest check-post
- Reach Mysore and board your return Volvo to Hyderabad around 8 PM
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home around 9 AM with sweet memories of Ooty and Coonoor.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Total slots for the trip: 6 or more
- Stay at a Guest house (rooms on sharing basis)
- Food: Self-sponsored.
- Trek difficulty: No trekking involved. This is a roadtrip.
- AC Volvo between Hyderabad and Mysore
- Local travel by private vehicle (Sumo, Qualis or similar)
- Starting time: Friday evening 5 PM
- Ending time: Monday morning 9 AM
- Pick up / Drop spots: MGBS (Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand Hyderabad)
Things to Pack:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (avoid suitcase/trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry water bottle, snacks etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rain proof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points, timings:
- MGBS 5 PM
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you on important Terms & Conditions
- Feb to May (summer): Pleasant climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Hyderabad and hit the mountains. Exquisite sunrise and sunsets.
- Jun to Sep (South West Monsoons): Thick clouds, weather is unpredictable with intermittent rains, so we need to carry rain coats. The mountains really come alive during the monsoons like all hill stations.
- Oct, Nov (North East Monsoons): The returning North East monsoons bring plenty of showers in these two months. These are the main source of water for Ooty. Travelling would be a little difficult this time of the year because of persistent rains.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Dry and cold climate throughout the day. Very cold at night. Plenty of water in streams and waterfalls. Need to carry sweaters.
What is the best time to travel to Ooty and Coonoor?
Ooty and Coonoor are places for all seasons. Every season offers something special. Summers are very pleasant and offer clear views. In monsoons one can witness streams and waterfalls in full flow. Winters are very cold and misty. Common throughout the year is its cold climate.
- AC Volvos between Hyderabad to Mysore
- Local travel by Sumo/Qualis/Toofan (Non-AC)
- Guest house stay overlooking Tea estates
- Experience all places in “Highlights” section
- All entry tickets
- Trip Leader
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.