Nijagal Betta Day Trekfrom
Nijagal Betta day trek from Bengaluru
– An easy trek to a historical fort of the Mysore Kingdom 60Km away from Bengaluru.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails and Monks On Wheels are coming together for yet another exciting trek within 100 km from Bangalore.
If you are new to trekking, Nijagal Betta is a perfect choice to start off. Even though the hill is not a big one, the view from the top is amazingly scenic. Trekkers are greeted with a Hanuman idol carved on rock at the beginning of the hike. There is a Temple and Dargah on the way to the top, one of the place where one can get to see holy places of two religions. The famous Shivagange hills are visible from the peak along with a drone view of moving trains!
It’s a relatively steep path close to the peak of the hill, but with the help of our trek leaders, this shouldn’t be a problem. There is also a pond and and ancient ruins at the summit. This is a reminiscence of the history attached to this hill.
Don’t wait, join us!
Highlights of the Nijagal Betta Trek:
- Breathtaking views of surrounding hills
- Temple & Dargah combination
- Drone view of railway track and moving Trains
- Easy trek, anyone can do.
- Day 0 Nijagal Betta trek
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours after we exit the city will take us to the base of Nijagal Betta.
- Have quick bites and snacks on the way.
- Start the trek from a rock where Hanuman idol os carved, pass by Temple, Dargah. Interested folks may visit these places.
- After reaching the summit, enjoy panoramic views of surrounding hills that includes famous Shivagange.
- Have a drone shot view of moving trains on a railway track parallel to Mumbai highway.
- Explore the fort, ruins, relax for some time, hike down.
- Start back to Bangalore, stop over for Breakfast.
- Drop off by afternoon.
- Tata bye bye.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Nayandanahalli Metro Station
Devegowda Petrol bunk
Silk Board Flyover – Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM
Domlur – Barbeque Nation
Old Madras Road- RMZ Infinity, Opp. Gopalan Mall
Hebbal Traffic Police Station
Gorguntepalya – People Tree Hospital
Things to carry for Nijagal Betta trek:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Poncho or raincoat (based on weather)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat, Sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Snacks to munch
- Blanket (optional, if you need for the night)
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Nijagal Betta trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Nijagal Betta trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually avoid Nijagal Betta trek, unless Forest Department gives permission for a Sunrise trek.
When is the best time to visit Nijagal Betta?
- Since Nijagal Betta is very close to Bangalore, it has a good climate throughout the year. It can be trekked in all seasons except peak summer day-time (Mar-May).
What’s next after booking trek:
- Vehicle & Trek Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group 12 hours before trek.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Travel (Non AC, Push back vehicle)
- Snack Pack
- Trek Lead(s)
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.