Nallamala Trip with Mallela Thirtham Waterfalls | Hyderabadfrom
Nallamala Trip with Mallela Thirtham Waterfalls Trip
– A weekend trip to beautiful hills, dense jungle, pristine waterfalls, and stunning viewpoints along with a stay at a forest guest house!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeBackpacking Trip/Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Nature Lovers!
How about a weekend getaway in picturesque Nallamala hills?
At a distance of nearly 180 Km from Hyderabad, Nallamala has attractions like Mallelatheertham waterfalls, On-the-edge Umamaheshwars temple, thrilling Octopus view point, Farhabad forest trails and Srisailam reservoir. This weekend trip will take you to all these beautiful places which are not usually explored by tourists.
Mallela Theertham is a beautiful waterfall nestled in the dense Nallamala Forest range. Picturesque cotton plantations surrounded by lush green hills welcome tourists as they approach waterfalls. It’s a soothing sight to watch with the water falling from a height of 160 feet. It forms a natural swimming pool where it touches the ground. One needs to descend around 300 well laid steps by tourism department to reach the waterfall located in a valley. The rocks at the waterfalls are slippery, one needs to be careful walking around. It’s really worth taking bath in the ice cold water filled with minerals. Taking a dip in this chilled water truly refreshes your senses.
Octopus View point gives a stunning view into the valley of Amrabad Tiger Reserve where backwaters of the Krishna river spread like tentacles of an octopus!
Uma Maheshwaram is a beautiful temple on the edge of a hill. The twisting curvy road takes us to the base of the hill. There are well laid steps to climb up the hill. One can get to see amazing views from top of the hill.
Farhabad forest trails offer sneak peak into hidden trails of dense Nallamala reserve forest inhabited my varieties of wild animals like Tiger, Leapord, Bear, Deer and Snakes. Telangana forest department runs open top jeep safari here which is worth every penny.
Srisailam reservoir is a huge water body formed by Krishna river. The dam view point is good to spend some time. There are small round boats available to take us for a 15 min ride. One can even try local delicacies like fried fish over there.
Highlights of Mallela Thirtham Waterfalls Day Trip:
- Dip under Mallelatheertham waterfalls
- Drive through picturesque Nallamala hills
- Thrilling Octopus View Point
- Farzabad forest safari on open top jeep
- Beautiful Uma Maheshwaram Hill hike
- Trip to Srisailam reservoir view point
- Stay at a nice forest guest house
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 1 Schedule
- Start from Hyderabad, stop by for breakfast on our way.
- We would pack Lunch on our way to have it overlooking waterfalls later
- A total journey of 3.5 hours will take us to Nallamala forest. We will make it an exciting journey by playing lots of games on board.
- Have a brief stop over at Dindi reservoir to click some pictures
- Reach Uma Maheshwaram base and hike up the picturesque hill, spend an hour enjoying beautiful views from the top.
- Get back to our vehicle, move towards Nallamala forest, finish our Lunch.
- Reach Mallela Thirtham Hike down (about 300 stairs) to reach waterfalls.
- Take a soul soothing dip under chilling water filled with minerals, enjoy cool setting in the dense forest.
- Hike up the stairs, change to fresh pair of clothes at change rooms.
- Check in to our guest house, chill out for the evening.
- Have dinner and rest for the night.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Visit Octopus view point which is at it’s best in the morning
- Head to Farzabad jeep trails starting point, take jeep safari (Self sponsored. It usually costs 1200 for a Jepp with 8 people)
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant
- Drive to Srisailam reservoir view point, take pictures and try local food for snacks
- Start back towards Hyderabad by early evening
- Reach back by night (In case we take more time, we can even stop by for dinner and resume journey)
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Saturday morning 6 AM
- Ending time: Sunday night around 9 PM
- Pickup / Drop spots: Kondapur, Gachibowli, Thondapalli ORR
Things to carry for trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trip (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Change pair of clothes, towel
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine as there is no trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night as its close to the forest
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel everywhere by private vehicle
- Shared accommodation at forest guest house
- Forest entry fees
- Trip Lead
- Forest safari charges
- Boating at Srisailam
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.