Mallelateertham Waterfalls Day Trip | Hyderabadfrom
Mallelateertham Waterfalls Day Trip
– A relaxing day outing to pristine waterfalls named Mallelateertham in the heart of Nallamala Hills
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeDay Trip
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Nature Lovers!
Mallela Theertham is a beautiful waterfall nestled in the dense Nallamala Forest range. With a distance of nearly 180 Km from Hyderabad, it makes for am exciting day trip. Picturesque cotton plantations surrounded by lush green hills welcome tourists as they approach waterfalls.
It’s a soothing sight to watch with the water falling from a height of 160 feet. It forms a natural swimming pool where it touches the ground. One needs to descend around 300 well laid steps by tourism department to reach the waterfall located in a valley. The rocks at the waterfalls are slippery, one needs to be careful walking around. It’s really worth taking bath in the ice cold water filled with minerals. Taking a dip in this chilled water truly refreshes your senses.
The place is very scenic during and after monsoons (starting from June). Usually there is good amount of water through out the winter also (end of January). Mallelatheertham forms a stream that eventually merges into mighty Krishna river close to the temple town of Srisailam.
Highlights of Mallela Thirtham Waterfalls Day Trip:
- Dip under Mallelatheertham waterfalls
- Drive through picturesque Nallamala hills
- Quick trip – can come back to HYD on the same day
- Day 1 Trip to Mallela Thirtham
- Start from Hyderabad, stop by for breakfast on our way.
- We would pack Lunch on our way to have it overlooking waterfalls later
- A total journey of 3.5 hours will take us to Nallamala forest. We will make it an exciting journey by playing lots of games on board.
- We will have a brief stop over at Dindi reservoir to click some pictures
- Once we reach Mallela Thirtham base, we shall hike down (about 300 stairs) to reach waterfalls.
- Shall take a soul soothing dip under chilling water filled with minerals, enjoy cool setting in the dense forest.
- Finish our Lunch, hike up the stairs, change to fresh pair of clothes at change rooms.
- Start back to Hyderabad by early evening
- We will stop at couple of view points to take selfies
- Reach back by night (In case we take more time, we can even stop by for dinner and resume journey)
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Sunday morning 6 AM
- Ending time: Sunday night around 9 PM
- Pickup / Drop spots: Kondapur, Gachibowli, Shamshabad Paradise Hotel
Things to carry for Mallela Thirtham Waterfalls Day Trip:
- A small backpack for the trip (to carry Lunch packet, snacks, etc)
- Water Bottle
- Change pair of clothes, towel
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Shoes/slippers (note: there is no trekking here, only stairs up and down)
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Forest entry fees
- Trip Lead
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.