– A day trek to a picturesque hillock named Makalidurga where we hike, explore an old temple and fort at the top.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Makalidurga is the beautiful trekking destination for people who are looking for a quick escape from the city chaos. Makalidurga Hill is located at a distance of 60 Km from Bangalore city with an altitude of 4,430 feet. It is a moderately difficult trek filled with green bushes, shrubs, barren rocks, and boulders.
The beauty of the hill adds more excitement to the trek. From the top of the hill, you can see a lake which is in the shape of South America, and every now and then a train passing through the bottom of the hills can be noticed. It’s a good place for some photography too.
Makalidurga is under control of the Forest Department as it falls in a wildlife zone. We will mark our attendance before setting off.
Highlights of the Makalidurga Trip:
- Makalidurga Trek
- Beautiful lake view in the shape of South America
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Start from Bangalore, stop by for breakfast on our way.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours after we exit the city will take us to the base of Makalidurga.
- Mark our presence to the Forest Department guard.
- We shall hike up, enjoy the picturesque setting of a lake, have our lunch, explore the fort, temple, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Start back to Bangalore, reach by evening.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Makalidurga trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Makalidurga trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually avoid Makalidurga trek, unless Forest Department gives permission for a Sunrise trek.
What's next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
Pickup points, Timings:
Tin Factory bus stop: 6:00 AM
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Near foot over bridge
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 6:15 AM
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur flyover
Koramangala Sony World Signal: 6:25 AM
- Just in front of Manyavar
- On 80 Feet Road
Hebbal bus stop: 6:55 AM
- Towards International Airport
- The opposite side of the road to Esteem Mall
Things to carry for Makalidurga Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (packed at Breakfast place)
- Forest Department charges for Makalidurga Trek
- Organizer(s) from MT
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It is an “easy to moderate” difficulty level trek.