Madhugiri Day Trekfrom
– An adventurous day trek to a gigantic monolith named Madhugiri where we hike, explore an old temple and fort at the top.
- Reviews 1 Review5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails in collaboration with Monks on Wheels presents an adventurous day trek to one of the biggest monolith hills around.
Madhugiri hill literally means Honey hill is located in Tumkur district with an elevation of 3930 feet. This gigantic hill is located at a distance of 120 Km away from Bengaluru and widely known as Asia’s second-largest monolithic hill.
While trekking one can find doorways leading to the top, the rock is steep and exposed at certain points. This makes it a tricky climb in certain areas. The top is adorned by a Krishna temple and one can find views of smaller hills at a distance and vast swathes of agricultural fields.
Along with history and the stories, Madhugiri is also place is a famous spot for trekkers.
Highlights of the Madhugiri:
- Asia’s second-largest monolith Madhugiri Trek
- Rock dome atop which stands a fort
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐2000+ reviews)
- Day 1 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning, have quick bites on our way to keep boost the energy.
- A journey of 2 hours will take us to the base of Madhugiri.
- We shall hike up the monolith, through the fort doors, adventurous boulders and slanted trails once on a while, reach the top.
- Explore the fort, temple, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Start back to Bangalore, stop for much needed Brunch en route.
- Reach home by late afternoon.
- Seasonal variations: ...
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us at the Madhugiri trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks which can be tricky when raining.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Madhugiri trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually avoid Madhugiri trek.
- What's next after booking your trip: ...
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 5:00 AM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 5:20 AM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 5:35 AM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Hebbal: 6:00 to 6:10 AM (based on traffic)
- Hebbal Bus stop – The opposite side of the road to Esteem Mall
Things to carry for Madhugiri Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Food: Breakfast
- Madhugiri entry charges
- Trek Leader(s) from Muddie Trails or Monks on Wheels
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It is an “easy to moderate” difficulty level trek mainly because there are some areas climbing is a bit tricky. We need to carefully navigate on the slanted trails by holding railings.
June 25, 2023 - June 25, 2023
Available (Start Sunday 5 AM - Return Sunday 3 PM)
This was our first ever girls gang trek with MUDDIE TRAILS to Madhugiri Fort 😊 It was quite a trek, but fill with lots of fun, dance and laughter 💃💃💃 Ravi and Jay you both are simply awesome and really hats off for being so cooperative and patient. Amazing experience and loads of lovely photos to capture all those moments.