Kunti Betta Trek, Bird Sanctuaryfrom
Kunti Betta Trek, Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
– A relaxing day outing to a small hillock named Kunti Betta along with some peaceful bird watching.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Kunti Betta 𝐨𝐫 Onake Betta, located about 125 Km from Bangalore, is a pretty simple trek but offers exquisite views for the short climb. There is a tinge of mythology that says Pandavas during their period of exile lived here for some time. It’s a typical bouldery hillock that we can find around Bangalore, just that it’s located in a beautiful setting surrounded by lush green fields, sugar cane plantations, pretty lake, and a calm atmosphere. It will surely impress people who take little effort by climbing it.
Along with the Kunti Betta hike, we will also visit Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary on the banks of river Cauvery, which is home to some of the most exquisite birds. Birds from as far as Australia, North America, and Siberia (near north pole) travel here. Over here you can also see various boards with pictures and names of the birds that can be spotted here. Though the sanctuary has birds throughout the year, June to November is the nesting season for birds which is an added attraction.
Highlights of Kuntibetta Trip:
- Kunti Betta Trek
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary visit
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Start from Bangalore, stop by for breakfast on our way.
- A total journey of 3.5 hours will take us to the base of Kunti betta.
- We shall hike up, enjoy the picturesque setting, have our lunch, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Head to Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary, sight colorful birds at their migrated home, take a nature walk along the park, go on a peaceful boat ride if available at that time.
- Start back to Bangalore in the evening, reach before night.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us at the trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. Ranganathittu will have plenty of birds in monsoons.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, a dry season for the trek. Good time for bird sightings.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually change this to Kuntibetta Sunrise trek, we would start in Bangalore around midnight. This posting will be updated by then.
What's next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
Pickup points, Timings:
Stop 1: 6:00 AM – Tin Factory Bus stop
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Underfoot over bridge
Stop 2: 6:15 AM – Indiranagar 100 Feet Road
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur Fly Over
Stop 3: 6:25 AM – Koramangala – Sony World Signal
- Just in front of Sony World Bus stop
- On Intermediate Feet Road
Stop 4: 6:35 AM – Silk Board
- Silk Board Junction – end of flyover towards EC,
- Just in-front of Aswad Hospital
Stop 5: 6:45 AM – Electronic City
- BMW Navnit Motors | Main Showroom | Electronic City,
Things to carry for Kuntibetta Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (packed at Breakfast place)
- Kunti Betta Trek
- Ranganathittu entry
- Organizer(s) from MT
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It is one of the easiest treks around Bangalore. This trip is more of a relaxed day outing rather than a trek.