Kunti Betta Day Trekfrom
Kunti Betta Trek with Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary visit
– A relaxing day outing to a small hillock named Kunti Betta along with some peaceful bird watching.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails and Monks on Wheels are coming together for a day trek to beautiful hillock Kunti Betta.
Kunti Betta 𝐨𝐫 Onake Betta, located about 125 Km from Bangalore, is a pretty simple trek but offers exquisite views for the short climb. There is a tinge of mythology that says Pandavas during their period of exile lived here for some time. It’s a typical bouldery hillock that we can find around Bangalore, just that it’s located in a beautiful setting surrounded by lush green fields, sugar cane plantations, a pretty lake, and a calm atmosphere. It will surely impress people who take little effort by climbing it.
Along with the Kunti Betta hike, we will also visit Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary on the banks of river Cauvery, which is home to some of the most exquisite birds. Birds from as far as Australia, North America, and Siberia (near the north pole) travel here. Over here you can also see various boards with pictures and names of the birds that can be spotted here. Though the sanctuary has birds throughout the year, June to November is the nesting season for birds which is an added attraction.
Highlights of Kuntibetta Trip:
- Kunti Betta Trek
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary visit (if open at that time)
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 1 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, stop by for breakfast on our way.
- A total journey of 3.5 hours will take us to the base of Kunti betta.
- We shall hike up, enjoy the picturesque setting, have our lunch, relax for some time before hiking down.
- (If open) Head to Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary, sight colorful birds at their migrated home, take a nature walk along the park, go on a peaceful boat ride if available at that time.
- Start back to Bangalore in the evening, reach before night.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
Tin Factory: 6 AM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 6:15 AM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 6:35 AM
- Silk Board bus stop
RR Nagar: 7:15 AM
- RR Nagar Metro
Things to carry for Kuntibetta Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (based on weather forecast)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek
- Good grip shoes or sandals.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us at the trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. Ranganathittu will have plenty of birds in monsoons.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, a dry season for the trek. Good time for bird sightings.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually change this to Kuntibetta Sunrise trek, we would start in Bangalore around midnight. This posting will be updated by then.
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (packed at Breakfast place)
- Kunti Betta Trek
- Ranganathittu entry ticket (if open)
- Trek Lead(s)
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
It is one of the easiest treks around Bangalore. This trip is more of a relaxed day outing rather than a trek.
Since they are very close to Bangalore, they have a good climate throughout the year. It can be visited in all seasons.
October 30, 2022 - October 30, 2022
Available (Starting Sunday morning 6am to evening 6pm)