Kotagiri With Coonoor Tripfrom
Kotagiri Trek with Coonoor Trip from Bangalore
A weekend trip to twin hill stations – Kotagiri and Coonoor nestled in the high mountains with myriad Tea estates and spellbinding viewpoints.
- Reviews 1 Review5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Kotagiri, a silent hill station is a paradise for trekkers. There are sunrise and sunset points, forests, rolling hills, tea gardens, intimate waterfalls, and lush green gardens – all in full flow even in summers. Trekking in Kotagiri is a gradual uphill climb which starts through the tea estates, along the valley following the river trail. On Day 1, we will trek & stay in the heart of tea estates witnessing the enchanting views, and take a rejuvenating dip in the soothing cold waters of a mountain streams. A rejuvenating evening at Kodanad view point is icing on the cake.
We will head to the more popular sibling of Kotagiri – Coonoor on Day 2 which is an ideal base for nature lovers and photographers. Coonoor has admiring landscapes, picturesque views, and an excellent atmosphere. We will visit Sim’s Park which is one of the most visited places in Coonoor with its wide variety of flowers, gardens, and huge trees.
Another attraction we will tick off is Dolphin’s nose which is a gigantic rock protruding from a cliff surrounded by canyons on both sides. A huge plunge of Catherine falls into the valley is clearly visible from Dolphin’s nose of Coonoor.
Finally, we will also visit Indian Army’s The Madras Regiment Museum and Eucalyptus Oil Factory followed by Coonoor market where we can shop for freshly brewed tea of exquisite varieties.
After a bit of shopping, we are all set to head back to Bangalore with a bagful of Tea packets as well as a mindful of memories.
Highlights of the Kotagiri Trip:
- Kotagiri Trek through the majestic Tea estates
- Put your feet under ice-cold water of mountain stream
- Bison sighting & nature walk
- Kodanad Viewpoint
- Sim’s Park Coonoor
- Dolphin’s Nose viewpoint
- Indian Army’s – The Madras Regiment Museum
- Eucalyptus Oil Factory visit
- Tea/Chocolate Shopping
- Bonfire with Social gathering
- Day 0 Journey begins!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Kotagiri homestay.
- Day 1 Kothagiri Trek
- Check into guest house, freshen up.
- Note: Sometimes (if there were guests at stay a night before), our check-in time will be delayed. In this case, we will use a common washroom at our stay for quick freshen up.
- Have a fulfilling Breakfast.
- Go for Kotagiri trek, converse with locals, hike up to a mountain peak and try to spot some Bison which are abundant in Kotagiri.
- Have packed Lunch in the middle of the trek.
- Trek along the river, overlooking endless tea estates on either side, take a rejuvenating dip under the ice cold waters of mountain streams, if interested.
- Board vehicle and head to mesmerizing Kodanad view point. If lucky, we can get to see a cloud bed above the valley.
- Head back to stay, relax and refresh.
- Bonfire in the cold weather (if it doesn’t rain that time) with a hot dinner.
- Have those long conversations all of us have been longing for.
- Indulge in group activities organized by your trip leader, make sure the night is well spent.
- Well deserved rest in your assigned beds/mattress.
- Day 2 Coonoor Trip
- Start the day with a refreshing Nilgiris Tea.
- Pack your bags, say bye to the homestay.
- Have Breakfast in the Coonoor town.
- Visit the most famous tourist attraction of Coonoor – Sim’s park, take loads of pictures at this colorful location.
- Stop by at Dolphin’s Nose, enjoy the thrilling view with huge mountain gorges overlooking Kotagiri valley and the Catherine waterfalls plunge into oblivion.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit Indian Army’s – The Madras Regiment Museum that displays rich history of the regiment like weapons, armory and other artefacts.
- Their souvenir shop is a great place to buy miniature models of fighter planes, warships, etc.
- Visit a Eucalyptus Oil Factory, taste and shop for your favorite Tea, explore Eucalyptus plantations.
- Head back towards main Coonoor town market road, shop for goodies and souvenirs to take back home.
- Return journey towards Bangalore, dinner on our way at a Dhaba.
- Day 3 Back to Bangalore!
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Guest house with beds & mattress on shared basis, clean washrooms. Separate for men and women.
- Our homestay is located at a picturesque location overlooking Tea Estates.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (for trek), 1 Dinner (all veg) included. The rest of the meals are self-sponsored.
- If you wish to have non veg, you may order at the stay on prior notice.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kotagiri with Coonoor trip below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry for Kotagiri Trek, Coonoor Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pickup points, Timings:
Baiyappanahalli Metro: 8:45 PM
• Back Gate metro entrance
• Kasturi Nagar side (Railway Parallel Road)
Tin Factory: 9:00 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop
• Mariyamman Temple side (towards Marathahalli)
Marathahalli: 9:20 PM
• In front of HP world on service road
• Opposite side of Mahindra Showroom
Bellandur: 9:35 PM
• Under Eco Space sky walk
Silk Board: 9:50 PM
• Near Aswad Hospital
• In front of Renault Silk Board showroom
Electronic City: 10:10 PM
• Toll Plaza Veer Sandra on Hosur Road
Note: There is no dinner stop for any of our trips. Finish your light dinner before starting.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Feb to May (summer): Excellent climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains. Exquisite sunrise and sunset.
- June to Sep (monsoon months): Thick clouds, persistent rains, wet climate. Weather is highly unpredictable, so we need to carry raincoats. The place really comes alive during the monsoons like all hill stations.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Cold climate during the days, extremely cold nights. Plenty of water in the fall and river. Need to carry thick sweaters.
- Travel, Tolls, Interstate entry taxes
- Stay (Guest house on sharing basis)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (veg) for trek, 1 Dinner (Veg)
- Entry tickets at Sim’s Park, Eucalyptus Factory, Army Museum, Dolphin’s Nose view point
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trekking Guide & Entry charges
- Trip Leader
- Visit to all available places in the Highlights section
- Food on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.