Kotagiri Trek with Coonoor Tripfrom
Kotagiri Trek with Coonoor Trip from Bangalore
A weekend trip to twin hill stations – Kotagiri and Coonoor nestled in the high mountains with myriad Tea estates and spellbinding viewpoints.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Kotagiri, a silent hill station is a paradise for trekkers. There are sunrise and sunset points, forests, rolling hills, tea gardens, intimate waterfalls, and lush green gardens – all in full flow even in summers. Trekking in Kotagiri is a gradual uphill climb which starts through the tea estates, along the valley following the river trail. On Day 1, we will trek & stay in the heart of tea estates witnessing the enchanting views, and take a rejuvenating dip in the soothing cold waters of a mountain streams. A rejuvenating sunset at Kodanad view point is icing on the cake.
We will head to the more popular sibling of Kotagiri – Coonoor on Day 2 which is an ideal base for nature lovers and photographers. Coonoor has admiring landscapes, picturesque views, and an excellent atmosphere. We will visit Sim’s Park which is one of the most visited places in Coonoor with its wide variety of flowers, gardens, and huge trees.
Another attraction we will tick off is Dolphin’s nose which is a gigantic rock protruding from a cliff surrounded by canyons on both sides. A huge plunge of Catherine falls into the valley is clearly visible from Dolphin’s nose of Coonoor.
Finally, we will also visit Coonoor Tea Factory where we can taste freshly brewed tea of exquisite varieties surrounded in lush green tea estates and Eucalyptus trees.
With a bit of shopping, we are all set to head back to Bangalore with a bagful of Tea packets as well as a mindful of memories.
Highlights of the Kotagiri Trip:
- Trek through the majestic Tea estates
- Take a dip under ice-cold water of mountain stream
- Bison sighting, tribal village visit
- Kodanad view point
- Sim’s park
- Dolphin’s nose viewpoint
- Eucalyptus Oil / Tea Factory visit
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Journey begins!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Kothagiri Trek
- Drive to Kotagiri, check into our estate homestay, freshen up.
- Note: Sometimes (if there were guests at stay a night before), our check-in time will be delayed. In this case, our stay we will use a washroom for quick freshen up, and put luggage at the common area.
- Have a fulfilling Breakfast, pack your Lunch in the tiffin boxes.
- Go for Kotagiri trek, converse with tribals, hike up to a mountain peak and try to spot some Bison which are abundant in Kotagiri.
- Have a Lunch break in the middle of the trek.
- Trek along the river, overlooking endless tea estates on either side, take a rejuvenating dip under the ice cold waters of mountain streams.
- Board vehicle and head to mesmerizing Kodanad view point. If lucky, we can get to see a cloud bed above the valley.
- Head back to camp, sip a hot cup of tea, relax and rejuvenate.
- Bonfire in the cold weather with a hot dinner.
- Have those long conversations all of us have been longing for.
- Indulge in group activities organized by your trip leader, make sure the night is well spent.
- Well deserved rest in your assigned beds.
- Day 2 Coonoor Trip
- Start the day with a refreshing Nilgiris Tea
- Have Breakfast, pack your bags, say bye to the homestay.
- Visit the most famous tourist attraction of Coonoor – Sim’s park, take loads of pictures at this colorful location.
- Give a visit to Dolphin’s Nose, enjoy the thrilling view with huge mountain gorges overlooking Kotagiri valley and the Catherine waterfalls plunge into oblivion.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit a Eucalyptus Oil / Tea Factory, taste and shop for your favorite Tea, explore Eucalyptus plantations.
- Head back towards main Coonoor town, shop for goodies and souvenirs to take back home.
- Return journey towards Bangalore, dinner on our way at a Dhaba
- Day 3 Back to Bangalore!
- Reach home early in the morning.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Guest house with beds & mattress, clean washrooms.
- Stay in the heart of Kotagiri overlooking Tea Estates with comfortable bedding, hot water.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (all veg) included. The rest of the meals are self-sponsored.
- If you wish to have non veg, you may order at the stay on prior notice.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kotagiri with Coonoor trip below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry for Kotagiri Trek, Coonoor Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- A Tiffin Box for packing Lunch (as plastics/papers are not allowed for Kotagiri trek)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pickup points, Timings:
Tin Factory: 9:00 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 9:20 PM
• In front of HP world on service road
• Opposite side of Mahindra Showroom
Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:50 PM
• Near Aswad Hospital
• In front of Renault Silk Board showroom
Electronic City: 10:10 PM
• Near BMW Showroom
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Feb to May (summer): Excellent climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains. Exquisite sunrise and sunset.
- June to Sep (monsoon months): Thick clouds, persistent rains, wet climate. Weather is highly unpredictable, so we need to carry raincoats. The place really comes alive during the monsoons like all hill stations.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Cold climate during the days, extremely cold nights. Plenty of water in the fall and river. Need to carry thick sweaters.
- Travel by tempo (Non-AC)
- Stay (Guest house on sharing basis)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (Veg)
- Visit all places in the Highlights section
- All entry tickets
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Leader
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
June 11, 2022 - June 12, 2022
Available (Start Friday night 9PM - Return Monday morning 5AM)