Kollur Camping & Trekkingfrom
Kollur Waterfalls Trek with Camping, Trekking
Trek through the wilderness of lush green Mookambika Wildlife Sanctuary to a well kept secret waterfalls with a natural pool. Beat the heat with swimming & camping amidst untouched nature.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Kollur, at a distance of 450 Km from Bangalore is a place of natural wonders waiting to be discovered. It boasts places like a pristine waterfalls with a natural swimming pool, beautiful hills, evergreen forest, rich vegetation, different bird species, river streams, and nights so dark that even the Milky Way galaxy is visible after the moonset.
As part of this weekend trip to less known destination Kollur, we will take you on 3 different treks.
First in line is Arasinagundi waterfalls trek which is easily the best kept secret of Kollur sanctuary. It’s a moderate difficulty trek with a gradual ascent through the thick forest and ends with a rejuvenating dip in the natural swimming pool made by spine chilling mountain water full of minerals.
Don’t know swimming? Worry not. We got you covered. All of us will wear life jackets before entering the pool.
Second place is a beautiful offbeat mountain in the Kodachadri region named Ambara Gudda which translates to touching the sky. It’s an easy trek that takes around 2 hours to hike up and down. The views from the peak are truly mesmerizing.
The third trek is as unique as it gets – Trekking in a River. Yes, you read it right. Trekkers can actually walk barefoot in a river stream with knee level water. This depends on water levels of the stream. As an alternate on drier climate, we will go for an amazing sunset at Nagara Fort.
Camping in the serene environment of Kollur sanctuary is a surreal experience. On certain days when the sky is clear, we can get to see millions of stars. The social gathering around a bonfire and delicious veggie food is cherry on the top.
Wait no more, gift yourself a beautiful weekend getaway to Kollur this summer!
Highlights of the Kollur Trek & Camping:
- Trek to Kollur – Arasinagundi Waterfalls
- Spine chilling water of natural pool
- Swimming with life jackets 😍
- Ambaragudda hill morning trek
- River stream trek or Nagara Fort sunset 😍
- Star gazing night
- Kollur Temple visit
- Campfire with Social gathering
- Delicious veggie food from Homestay
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐2000+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 0 Journey to Kollur
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Kollur.
- Day 1 Arasinagundi Waterfalls Trek, Kollur Temple visit
- Reach Kollur camp located at a beautiful forest village, freshen up and have Breakfast.
- After grabbing our packed Lunch from the homestay cook, we shall start trekking to Arasinagundi waterfalls.
- The initial trail goes through Arecanut plantations and rich vegetation of Mookambika wildlife sanctuary.
- After some time, we will reach a gradually inclined mountain slope and trek on a trail made by villagers to reach waterfalls. It can get a little challenging when the hot sun is beating down and given Kollur’s proximity to west coast, there could be high levels of humidity in the air.
- We will take enough breaks during our ascent, slow and steady, without any hurry.
- On our way, we will also get to see majestic Kodachadri range sitting pretty at a higher altitude.
- The last 1.5 Km of the trek is hiking down into reserve forest surrounded by gigantic trees while we listen to continuous chirping of the birds. At some point, we will also hear sound of the gushing waters of Arasinagundi falls.
- This untouched waterfalls is a treat to watch and refreshing to the senses.
- Now comes the best part of the day – Jump into the natural pool of Arasinagundi and swim against the flow to reach waterfalls at the far end.
- Remember that life jackets are mandatory as the pool is quite deep.
- By now we would be quite hungry. The food takes even better after spending some time in the fresh mountain water.
- After spending quality time enjoying the pristine beauty of raw nature, we will embark on the return trek by late afternoon. Return trek usually takes much lesser time as most of the trail is a gradual descent.
- We will reach back homestay by early evening and have freshly prepared tea/coffee.
- An evening drive to ancient Kollur Mookambika temple, which is incidentally famous among pilgrims from Kerala, is another peaceful experience.
- While returning from the temple, we can buy snacks/drinks needed for the night gathering.
- After heading back to the camp, we will socially gather around the campfire with long conversations, sharing travel stories till late night.
- Meanwhile, our hosts will serve us delicious veggie food for dinner.
- After some star gazing (only on a clear night), wrap up for the night, take good rest inside your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Ambaragudda Hill, River Stream Trek
- Wake up, quick freshen up, have Breakfast.
- Go on an offbeat trek to a hill named Ambaragudda. It’s an onward hike of about an hour. The views from the top are mesmerizing. Return trek takes about 45 minutes. One can get to see mighty Kodachadri range all along the trail.
- We will head back to the camp after this.
- Have Lunch.
- Refresh, pack our bags, and check out of the nature camp.
- Gear up for a River Canal Trek where we walk barefoot in a river stream with knee level water. Just like Arasinagundi waterfalls a day before, this River trek also needs good amount of water. As an alternative, we will go for an amazing sunset at Nagara Fort.
- Start journey back towards Bengaluru. Dinner enroute at a restaurant/dhaba.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning with a unique experience of spending a weekend at Kollur forest known for it’s magical waterfalls and serene landscapes.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- At a beautiful village Homestay cum Nature camp with all basic facilities like tents, blankets, sleeping bags, washrooms, hot water.
- Tents on 2/3/4 sharing basis.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 packed Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Evening snacks are included.
- Food is pure veg cooked at the Homestay.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kollur trekking & camping package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Kollur Trek Details:
- Arasinagundi Waterfalls (Saturday)
Trek Distance: 10 Km (both sides)
Time taken: Usually 6 hours along with swimming and Lunch.
Difficulty level: Moderate.
Terrain type: Forest/muddy trail, mountain climbing
- Ambaragudda Trek (Sunday)
Distance: 3 Km (both sides)
- Water Stream Trek (Sunday)
Distance: 3 Km (both sides)
- Can beginners attempt above Kollur treks?
Yes. First timers can join these treks.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points:
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:25 PM Tin Factory: 9:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:25 PM
Tin Factory: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Thick clouds, intermittent rains, leeches, plenty of water at Arasinagindi Waterfalls. It’s a good time to explore places in the surrounding rainforest.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds playing hide and seek, misty landscapes, a good amount of water at Arasinagundi, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather to climb, cold nights.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, awesome time to take a plunge into natural pool under hot sun. Warm/humid climate in the morning. Pleasant evenings and nights.
- Travel (Tempo or mini-bus, Non AC)
- Accommodation (Tents on 2/3/4 sharing basis)
- 5 times food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Evening Snacks (all Veg)
- Swimming with life jackets
- Treks to Arasinagundi waterfalls, Ambaragudda hill and Water stream trek or Nagara Fort
- Forest dept. charges & trek permissions
- Trekking guide
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Leader(s)
- Lunch on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
June 17, 2023 - June 18, 2023
Available (Starting Friday 8 PM to Monday 5 AM)