Kabbaladurga Sunrise trekfrom
Kabbaladurga Trek from Bangalore
– A day trek to a picturesque hillock named Kabbaladurga where we hike, explore an old temple and fort at the top.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Kabbaladurga is a rocky, monolith hill located at a distance of about 80 Km from Bangalore city. It’s a moderately challenging trek when compared to other hillocks around Bangalore with a steep trail. The trek path is filled with green bushes, shrubs, thorny trees initially and barren rocks & boulders towards the top. The top of Kabbaladurga is beautiful with enchanting views.
There is an ancient fort built during Mysore maharajas time with multiple caves, and a Kabbalamma temple at the top. The strong winds blowing at the top and the moving clouds will make way for a fascinating sunrise. Overall Kabbaladurga is an excellent place for a day trek or sunrise trek around Bangalore.
Don’t wait, just join us!
Highlights of the Kabbaladurga Sunrise Trek:
- Scenic views from the top
- Challenging hike for trekkers
- Fort and temple to explore at top
- Day 0 Pick ups, Journey to Kabbaladurga base
- Start from Bangalore before midnight.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours after we exit the city will take us to the base of Kabbaladurga.
- We might stop at a café enroute and spend some time.
- Take rest in the vehicle for the next couple of hours hours.
- Day 1 Kabbaladurga Trek, Return to Bengaluru
- Gather around by 4:30 AM.
- Grab your snack pack from the Trek Leader.
- Hike up through rocky trails interspersed with bushes/shrubs, enjoy the picturesque setting of a lake, finish our Breakfast, explore the fort, temple, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Have Breakfast en route at Kanakpura town.
- Start back to Bangalore, drop off by afternoon.
- Tata bye bye.
- Reach home and take an afternoon nap.
- Wake up in the evening and share pictures clicked among the group members.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Tin Factory: 11 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 11:15 PM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Silk Board: 11:35 PM
- Silk Board bus stop
Banashankari: 12:00 AM
- Banashankari Metro Station
Note: Pick up can be arranged anywhere on ORR in the above route like Bellandur, Sarjapur Signal, HSR etc.
Things to carry for Kabbaladurga Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Poncho or raincoat (based on weather)
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Kabbaladurga trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Kabbaladurga trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually do Sunrise trek to Kabbaladurga.
When is the best time to visit Kabbaladurga?
Since Kabbaladurga is very close to Bangalore, it has a good climate throughout the year. It can be trekked in all seasons except peak summer afternoons.
What’s next after booking trek:
- Vehicle & Trek Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group 12 hours before trek.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Non AC, Push back vehicle)
- Snack Pack
- Trek Lead(s)
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.