Kabbale Durga Sunrise trekfrom
– A day trek to a picturesque hillock named Makalidurga where we hike, explore an old temple and fort at the top.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Makalidurga is the beautiful trekking destination for people who are looking for a quick escape from the city chaos. Makalidurga Hill is located at a distance of 60 Km from Bangalore city with an altitude of 4,430 feet. It is a moderately difficult trek filled with green bushes, shrubs, barren rocks, and boulders.
The beauty of the hill adds more excitement to the trek. From the top of the hill, you can see a lake which is in the shape of South America, and every now and then a train passing through the bottom of the hills can be noticed. It’s a good place for some photography too.
Makalidurga is under control of the Forest Department as it falls in a wildlife zone. We will mark our attendance with forest officials before setting off.
Don’t wait, join us!
Highlights of the Makalidurga Trek:
- Nice greenery all around
- Beautiful lake view in the shape of South America
- Fort and temple to explore at top
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 1 Makalidurga Trek
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours after we exit the city will take us to the base of Makalidurga.
- We would pack our breakfast en route.
- Mark our attendance with the forest department folks.
- Hike up through rocky trails interspersed with bushes/shrubs, enjoy the picturesque setting of a lake, finish our Breakfast, explore the fort, temple, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Start back to Bangalore, reach by afternoon.
- If needed, we can stop at a restaurant and have Lunch together.
- Tata bye bye.
- Share pictures clicked among the group.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Silk Board / HSR Layout 5:00 AM
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
Marathahalli 05:20 AM
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory 05:40 AM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
Hebbal bus stop 6:00 AM
- Towards International Airport
- The opposite side of the road to Esteem Mall
Note: We can even pick people enroute on Outer Ring Road.
Things to carry for Makalidurga Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Breakfast packet, water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Poncho or raincoat (based on weather)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Makalidurga trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Makalidurga trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually avoid Makalidurga trek, unless Forest Department gives permission for a Sunrise trek.
When is the best time to visit Makalidurga?
Since Makalidurga is very close to Bangalore, it has a good climate throughout the year. It can be trekked in all seasons except peak summer.
What’s next after booking trek:
- Vehicle & Trek Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group 12 hours before trek.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Non AC, Push back vehicle)
- Snack Pack
- Forest Department charges
- Trek Lead(s)
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- No alcohol & smoking during traveling or trekking.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like politics/religion/caste/race/sex.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) in the trip whatsapp group. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.