Valley of Flowers Trek with Hemkund Sahib Lakefrom
Valley of Flowers Trek!
Magnificent colors of nature emerge when monsoons hit the Valley of Flowers National Park overlooking snow-capped Trans Himalayas. A small window of 2 months every year makes it even more precious for trekkers.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Small Group
Wish to set on a beautiful adventure to a magnificent place nestled high in the western Himalayas?
We cannot do many treks when it rains in the Himalayas. But Valley of Flowers is a special case. The valley gets its name from the gorgeous multi-colored flowers that bloom only in the monsoons. This easy to moderate trek is a must in the bucket-list of every trekker and nature lover. It does not require any prior high altitude trekking experience which makes it one of the best treks for beginners and all age groups.
The Valley of Flowers trek takes you to the UNESCO world heritage site and the sacred site of Hemkund Sahib. The unique star-shaped architecture of the Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara blends with a mesmerizing Himalayan lake. Melodious kirtans are continuously played inside the Gurudwara, and one can sink deep into spirituality just so easily.
If the time is ripe, one may be blessed with a carpet of colors of green, yellow, red, blue, and many shades created by mother nature. These colors, the Pushpavathi river crisscrossing the valley coming out of a Glacier, with the backdrop of snow-capped Himalayas is a blissful combination to soothe your mind and refresh your soul.
Come, join Muddie Trails to experience the joy of colors in this trek to a Himalayan paradise called Valley of Flowers.
Highlights of the Valley of Flowers Trip:
- Trek to the colorful world: Valley of Flowers
- Hemkund Sahib Lake, Gurudwara
- Snow-capped Himalayas backdrop
- Glacier view that feeds the Pushpavathi river
- Monsoon special trek (Only open for 2 months in a year)
- Day 1 Journey from Dehradun to Joshimath
- Arrive at Dehradun Airport or Bus stand, board our private tourist vehicle.
- Freshen up at a restaurant on our way. Note that there is no shower facility at this point.
- A day’s drive towards Govindghat via Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Nandaprayag, and Joshimath/Auli.
- Overnight at our guesthouse in Joshimath/Auli.
- Day 2 Trek to Ghangaria
- We will take 23 Km journey to Govindghat and start the trek at a place named Pulna after crossing the river Alaknanda.
- The trek path takes us towards Bhyundar valley through forest interspersed with villages.
- One would see numerous waterfalls and lush green landscapes as we hike up.
- The 11 km trek along the river Pushpawati on a gradually inclined path takes about 5 to 6 hours to reach Ghangaria.
- The ecstatic views of mighty Hathi Parvat will make you crave for more such wonderful sight.
- Overnight stay at our guesthouse.
- Day 3 Valley of Flowers Exploration
- We will start our trek from Ghangaria towards the Valley of Flowers. A forest department checkpost welcomes us around 30 mins into our trail. It’s a steep and boulder filled trail crisscrossed by many bridges specially made for the trek.
- The beauty of the valley certainly cannot be described here. You just have to experience it. The panorama of the valley is filled with sprawling green meadows packed with varieties of alpine flowers that only grow 10,000 feet above Sea level.
- A network of streams and sights of giant snow-capped mountains belonging to Trans Himalayan range all-around take us to the dreamland we have seen only in the pictures till now.
- The prominent flowers that grow here include Brahmakamal, Anemone, Geranium, Marsh Marigold and many other varieties. We don’t care about their botanical names, what we care about is how beautiful they are.
- We can easily spend around 3 to 4 hours exploring different corners and vantage points of the valley. Overall trek/walk today would be around 6 to 7 Km depending on how much you wish to explore the valley.
- Late afternoon we shall revert back towards Ghangaria.
- Overnight stay at our guesthouse.
- Day 4 Hemkund Sahib Trek
- Today we will trek 6Km to Hemkund Sahib, which is a popular Sikh shrine built next to a lake with the same name at an altitude of 15000 feet above sea level.
- The awe-inspiring Hemkund Lake is surrounded by seven glorious snow-clad peaks of the Himalayas ranging about 15,200 feet.
- This pristine glacial lake that is fed by melting snow of Hathi Parvat and Saptrishi mountains spreads around 2 Km. Plenty of wildflowers and thick green meadows around the lake make it appear like a jewel among clouds.
- Thousands of pilgrims visiting the shrine every year take a dip in the freezing cold waters of the lake before entering the sacred place.
- We will sip a hot cup of tea at the Gurudwara before trekking back to Ghangaria.
- Overnight stay at our guesthouse.
- Day 5 Trek back to Govindghat
- Check out of the stay, pack your bags and descend back to Govindghat village.
- Reach by evening, drive back to Joshimath, overnight stay at our guesthouse.
- Day 6 Drive back to Dehradun
- Return journey towards Dehradun, reach by evening.
- Drop at Airport or Bus stand.
- You may book your flights/buses to your hometown after 7 PM.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Stay: Guesthouses
- Food: Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners included during the Trek
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Max altitude: 14,100 feet above Sea level
- Trip starting/ending point: Dehradun Airport/Bus stand
- You may book Flight/Bus till Dehradun from your City in India
- Sumo/Innova/Tempo tourist vehicle from Dehradun based on the number of travelers
Things to Carry for Valley of Flower Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the entire road trip (60 liters or more)
- A small backpack for basic items (to carry valuables, water bottle, etc when trekking)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- 2 Passport size color photographs (important for permit)
- Thermal inners and warm clothes (very cold climate)
- A rainproof jacket with a hood (to protect from cold winds, sudden rain/snowfall)
- Waterproof gloves, thick socks, track pants, full sleeve t-shirts (to keep your body warm)
- Cap/Hat (you may get tanned because of high altitude direct sun rays)
- Sunglasses (important as snow reflects harmful UV rays)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand wash (facilities over there are very basic)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guesthouses
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, wet/dry clothes)
- Water-resistant, good grip shoes for trekking, extra slippers to use at guest houses
- Personal medications, any drugs that you may feel necessary (remember high altitude, ghat roads, chill climate)
- No need to carry snacks/chocolates. You may buy at local shops to support them.
What’s next after booking your trek:
- Our organizers will get in touch with you and you may book your flights up and down.
- Valley of Flowers is an offbeat place with basic facilities. Travelers are expected to carefully read and understand Terms & Conditions that explain the complexities of this trek before booking.
- Travelers are expected to come with an open heart, respect local culture, care towards the environment and climate change, and are willing to help each other.
- Travel from Dehradun
- Stay for 5 nights
- 5 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners (All Veg)
- Entry tickets, permissions
- Trek Guide
- Once in a lifetime experience
- Food while traveling
- Any kind of insurance, activities, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusions above
- No major health issues shall be present to the traveler like Asthma, respiratory problems, mental ailments, Heart issues, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition which may affect you and others during the trip
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities!
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during Treks & adventure activities. There would be separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Muddie Trails. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle that discharges Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand cancelled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Muddie Trails.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip start date.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent between 29 to 15 days before the trip start date.
- No refund within 15 days, during or after the trip whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.