Hampi Trip with Hippie Island | Hyderabadfrom
Hampi Trip with Hippy Island | Hyderabad
The grand old “lost city” of Hampi, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site is both flamboyant as well as laid back in its demeanor. A weekend trip to Hampi is every traveler’s delight.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Have you been Hampi-fied at least once in your life?
Hampi, situated on the banks of the river Tungabadra, is a backpackers paradise as well as Hippie haven. There are many interesting things here like hillocks filled with boulders, monuments, ruins, temples, laid back cafes, arts, shopping, trekking, etc. Located at a distance of 380 Km from Hyderabad, it makes a great offbeat weekend getaway.
Hampi is a different world altogether that takes you back in time, amazes you with its mystical ruins, and makes you wonder how magnificent this city would have been centuries ago. It was the capital of the grand Vijayanagara kingdom which was ruled by Sri Krishnadevaraya. At its peak, Hampi was one of the richest cities in the world. Traders from different parts of the world would visit Hampi for business.
If you think this is fascinating enough, it’s not over yet. Hampi also has mythological significance attached to Ramayana. It is said to be the Kishkinda kingdom of Vali, Sugreeva, and our very own Hanuman. A temple on top of a hillock named Anjanadri is said to be his birthplace. The same hill also doubles up as a place for a beautiful sunset.
While we marvel at the colored-retro setting of the Hampi, we are gonna stay towards the Hippie Island side, hike a couple of boulder-filled hillocks and enjoy pretty views from the top, including a lovely sunset that Hampi is famous for.
Can we ever be satisfied without getting wet? We will also take a soothing dip in the pristine waters of Sanapur lake under hot Hampi weather. For those who wouldn’t like to get wet, local villagers usually operate Coracle rides here. Even if one doesn’t indulge in both, Sanapur lake surrounded by stunning boulder hills is such a serene locale to just sit and relax.
Lazy dinners on the cozy beds of cafes, lots of socializing, good food, music…all of them to quench your thirst for an offbeat and laid back weekend!
Let’s just #getmuddie in Hampi this weekend!
Highlights of the Hampi Trip:
- Exploring Hippy Island by Scooter/Bike
- Anjanadri Hill
- Sanapur Lake
- The Vijaya Vittala Temple (Stone Chariot on 50 Rupees note)
- Pushkarini (ruins)
- Tour of Monuments
- Virupaksha Temple
- Hemukuta sunset hill
- Hippy Cafes
- Social gathering under the open sky
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Journey to Hospet!
- Start from Hyderabad, an overnight journey by Sleeper Bus to Hospet town of Karnataka close to Hampi.
- Day 1 Hippy Island Scooter Exploration
- Local transfers from Hospet to the guest house.
- After reaching the stay, freshen up & have breakfast.
- We will arrange Scooter (2 sharing) for Hippy Island exploration today.
– If you book this trip at last moment, you may not get Scooter as Hampi is very popular among Hippies who hire Scooters.
– In this case, we will arrange an Auto on sharing basis for exploration.
– We advice you to book this trip at least 10 days in advance to get a confirmed Scooter.
- Hike up the magnificent Anegundi Fort and explore the amazing boulder-strewn hilly views from the top
- Enter any Hippy cafe and have your leisurely lunch. Hampi cafes serve a wide range of delicacies from Israeli to Chinese to Italian dishes.
- Post lunch, enjoy the cool breeze of the pristine Sanapur Lake – take a dip if you wish to, go on a coracle ride on the lake, if available, relax and rejuvenate.
- After a well-deserved dip, drive to the base of the Anjanadri hill and hike up the hill on the northern banks of the Tungabhadra river. Enjoy a panoramic view of boulder hills typical to Hampi from the top.
- Get back to the guest house, freshen up and laze around as you order your dinner.
- Music, social gathering in the night with long conversations
- Rest in your assigned rooms with comfortable beds.
- Day 2 Hampi Guided Tour - Monuments & Ruins
- Start the day with a nice breakfast.
- Head to Hampi town, visit the most famous Vijaya Vittala temple, explore its monuments, one of them being – The Stone Chariot on 50 rupees currency note. We usually have a guide here explaining interesting facts and history about this wonderful place
- Visit a unique structure called Pushkarini, a perfectly symmetrical stepped water tank that becomes smaller as it goes down, that looks very attractive
- We can now head to a famous Hampi cafe like Mango Tree for leisurely Lunch .
- There are many more interesting monuments and historical places we will explore now.
- End the exploration with a visit to Virupaksha temple in the evening, the only working temple in Hampi (rest of the places are either ruins or monuments)
- Walk down to the flea market and shop your bags full
- Hike up Hemukuta hill adjacent to Virupaksha (Just takes 10 mins) and enjoy another amazing sunset.
- Finish dinner at a cafe and start back to Hospet town to catch return Bus to Hyderabad
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach back home early in the morning.
- Share your memorable Hampi & Hippy Island weekend trip story with your friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Train from Hyderabad to Hospet
- Starting time: Friday night 10 PM
- Ending time: Monday morning 6 AM
- Pickup: MGBS (Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand)
- Local transportation by Scooter/Auto based on availability
- Hampi is a backpacker’s paradise. The real vibe of Hampi can be felt by staying at Hippy cafes that also double up as restaurants serving delicious food from Indian to Israeli to Continental food.
- Our cafe is located at a pretty location close to Sanapur Lake. It has comfortable beds and well-maintained toilets/shower rooms. (Look at the album for pictures). It gives ample opportunity to interact with other backpackers, especially from Israel.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Full sleeve cotton t-shirt, track pant is advised for Hampi as it’s a hot place (Oct to Feb)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guesthouse
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine
- Your personal medications, if any
- Water wear if you wish to take a dip in the Lake
- Carrying a hand wash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to mid-Sept (monsoons): Hampi gets its fair share of rains in this season. As one can guess, spotting sunsets are rare. However, the boulder-filled hills look very pretty in the rain. Release of water from the Tungabhadra reservoir uphill may impact our plans of taking a dip (or coracle ride) at Sanapur lake. However, we can still visit the Anjanadri hill that offers panoramic views of rocky valleys.
- Mid Sept to Feb (winter): The weather opens up for the beautiful sunsets that Hampi is famous for. Lots of Hippies, especially from Israel visit Hampi this season. The cafes in Hippie Island are filled with backpackers and travelers. We pick Hippie Hill sunset to Anjanadri Sunset in these months.
- Mar to May (summer): Gets really hot from mid March. We usually don’t organize Hampi in these months.
Which is the best time to visit Hampi?
There are two best seasons to visit Hampi – monsoons, and winter.
- Monsoons (Jun to Sept) offer a pleasant climate to explore Hampi which is a naturally hot place because of its bouldery terrain. Overcast weather and drenched landscapes offer a gorgeous picture of the lost city. One would miss sunsets, but that can be compensated by abundant water in lakes and rivers.
- Winter (Oct to Feb) presents hot days and pleasant nights. This season brings lots of Hippies to Hampi from different countries. Taking shower in the lake waters gives much-needed respite. Lovely sunsets become new normal.
- Holi: The festival of colors – Holi is very famous in Hampi. Though it falls in summer, we still organize it around Holi time.
- Travel (Non AC Sleeper Bus)
- Scooter / Local Vehicle
- Stay at our guesthouse (separate rooms with beds for each gender)
- Entry tickets for monuments
- Experience all places in the Highlights section
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Coracle or any special activities
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.