Gokarna Trip with Murudeshwar and Jog Fallsfrom
Gokarna Beach Trip, Nirvana Beach Camping, Jog Falls, Murudeshwar Trip from Hyderabad
The Sun-Kissed Beaches are calling you. Gokarna is a great place for an offbeat beach trip with white sand beaches, pine/coconut trees, Nirvana beach camping, Om Beach, gigantic Jog Falls, and the temple town of Murudeshwar.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Gokarna Beach. The interesting thing is, there are also 5 offbeat beaches that can only be reached by trek. Is it like hopping from one beach to another? Not so simple! These Beaches are separated by hills covered with forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
We will start our trip by visiting magnificent Jog Falls of Western Ghats which is in full flow during monsoons (July to Oct). This is one of the highlights of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
Post Lunch, we shall give a visit to temple town Murudeshwar which is sitting pretty at the west coast. After visiting the Murudeshwar Temple and the Beach, we will head to our stay at Nirvana Beach. The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, a stroll on soft cold sand under starry night adds up to the amazing experience.
Next day, we will head to Gokarna Om Beach and spend good amount of time. This most popular beach in Gokarna is shaped like the symbol ‘Om’, but we are so small that we cannot feel it on the ground. Only with a drone or from a helicopter, one can see the real shape of the beach. After having Lunch at beach shacks of Om, we will visit Gokarna Temple, Gokarna Beach and the Flea market before heading back towards Hubli Railway station to board Hyderabad Train.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful destination that is Gokarna!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- Gokarna Om Beach
- Gokarna Beach, Temple, Flea Market
- Most beautiful Nirvana Beach Stay
- Campfire & Music under open sky
- Magnificent Jog Falls visit
- Murudeshwar Temple, Beach
- Comfortable Sleeper Travel
- Lots of Entertainment!
- Day 0 Schedule
- Board Train from Hyderabad, an overnight journey to Hubli town of Karnataka.
- Day 1 Schedule
- Board our private tourist vehicle,
- Head to near by restaurant, finish Breakfast,
- Journey to magnificent Jog Falls, enjoy the super awesome view of the individual waterfalls named as Raja, Rani, Roarer and Rocket. All these falls together form Jog falls.
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant,
- Drive towards the west coast, reach temple town of Murudeshwar,
- Visit Temple, giant Shiva’s statue, Murudeshwar Beach, spend some relaxing time,
- Board our vehicle and reach Nirvana Beach stay (Journey of 1.5 hours),
- The captivating setting of our stay right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under a starry night (Of course, it should not be rainy day)
- You may order dinner, social gathering till late night, play games and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Day 2 Schedule
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach,
- Hit the beach, take a quick dip in the sea before freshening up (take advantage of having a beach stay),
- Note: If there is high tide, we will advice you not to go in the Sea. This is important during monsoon months (July to September)
- Freshen up, have breakfast, check out of the beach stay,
- Head to the beautiful beach town Gokarna (1.5 hours of journey), visit most pretty Om Beach, have lunch at beach shacks
- Visit Temple, Flea market and Gokarna beach (all are at single place),
- Start back towards Hubli town (journey of 3 hours).
- Board return Train by 9:00 PM and head back to HYD with beautiful memories
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip, Jog Falls, Murudeshwar with friends and family.
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 8 or more
- Stay at our private beach shacks on Nirvana beach. We have Dormitories and Tents both. If it isn’t raining we usually pitch Tents. Otherwise we can use Dorms with bedding.
- Clean washrooms, Dining area, Luggage room
- Food: Self-sponsored
Hyderabad to Hubli:
- Sleeper Non AC Train,
- Pick up time: 4 PM, Pick up Locations: Nampally, Begumpet, Lingampalli
- Sleeper Bus
- Pick up time: 8.30 PM, Pick up Location: Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS)
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Gokarna (Toofan/Sumo/Tempo or similar)
Hubli to Hyderabad:
- Sleeper Train
- Drop Location: Lingampalli, Begumpet, Nampally railway stations,
- Drop timing: Monday morning around 9 AM
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Blanket for your bus/train journey.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for beaches.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes is fine for Gokarna Beach Trek.
- Your personal medications, if any
- Carrying a hand wash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater (for winters)
- Carry enough cash for food and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. A warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go swimming. Vibhooti Waterfalls has enough water to take a refreshing dip. Jog Falls has no water this time.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Jog falls gives a thrilling experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti waterfalls to play.
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- Visit all the places in Highlights section
- All entry tickets
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
We have beach camping as well as beach shacks at a well maintained private property on Nirvana beach. Our stay is far away from the usual crowded beaches of Gokarna which we avoid during our trip. This is one reason the trip is named Gokarna’s “private” beaches. You will be given luggage rooms on a gender basis. There are a separate dining area and lot of places to chill out. The Nirvana beach which is right ahead of our stay is pretty clean and huge. It is usually safe to play in the water. There is a private area for our tents and the campfire on the beach. Our travelers love the ambiance and the vibe of the place.
There are 5 washrooms each for men and women which are well maintained. Since the stay is blended with nature, expect a lot of sand everywhere.