Gokarna, Vibhooti, Murudeshwar, Nirvanafrom
Gokarna Beach Trek, Nirvana Beach Private Camping, Vibhooti Waterfalls, Murudeshwar Trip from Hyderabad
The Sun-Kissed Beaches are calling you. Gokarna is a great place for an offbeat beach trip with white sand beaches, pine/coconut trees, private beach camping, beach trek, pristine waterfalls, and temple town of Murudeshwar.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Gokarna Beach. The interesting thing is, there are also 5 offbeat beaches that can only be reached by trek. Is it like hopping from one beach to another? Not so simple! These Beaches are separated by hills covered with forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
We will start our trip by visiting Vibhooti waterfalls of western ghats to take a dip under chilling fresh mountain water is simply rejuvenating. This is one of the highlights of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
Early evening, we’ll indulge in an amazing Gokarna beach trek covering 5 stunning beaches. The green sprouting hills with panoramic views, clean white sand beaches and the river merging into the sea is an experience that will refresh both your mind and soul.
The next day, we shall give a visit to temple town Murudeshwar which is sitting pretty at the west coast.
Camping in Gokarna, especially on Nirvana private beach, is a beautiful experience. The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, a stroll on soft cold sand under starry night adds up to the amazing experience.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful destination that is Gokarna!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- Gokarna Om Beach
- Half Moon Beach
- Devil’s Hell Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Belekan Beach
- Most beautiful Nirvana Beach Camping
- Campfire & Music under open sky
- Dip under soul-soothing Vibhooti waterfalls
- Murudeshwar Temple, Beach
- Comfortable Sleeper Travel
- Lots of Entertainment!
- Day 0 Schedule
- Board Bus from Hyderabad, an overnight journey.
- Day 1 Schedule
- Get down at Hubli Bus stand, board our private tourist vehicle.
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on and shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there are not many options for good food at this remote location.
- Drive towards the west coast, reach Gokarna Om beach.
- Go on an amazing Gokarna beach trek covering 5 different beaches that are separated by small hills (Om Beach > Half Moon Beach > Devil’s Beach > Paradise Beach > Belekan Beach).
- Board our vehicle and reach Nirvana Beach Campsite (Journey of 1.5 hours).
- The captivating setting of our campsite right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under a starry night
- You may order dinner, and it will be served on the beach close to the tents
- Social gathering till late night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Day 2 Schedule
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach
- Hit the beach, take a quick dip in the sea before freshening up (take advantage of having a beach camp)
- Freshen up, have breakfast, check out of the beach camp.
- Head to our next destination Murudeshwar (1.5 hours of journey).
- Visit Temple, Shiva’s statue, and explore Murudeshwar beach.
- Have a quick lunch at a local restaurant and start back towards Hubli town (journey of 5 hours).
- Board return Train by 9:00 PM and head back to HYD with beautiful memories
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip, Vibhooti waterfalls, Murudeshwar with friends and family.
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 8 or more
- Stay at our Private Beach camp on Nirvana beach
- Clean washrooms, Dining area, Luggage room
- Food: Self-sponsored
- Trek difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Trek distance: 4 Km
Hyderabad to Hubli:
- Sleeper Non AC Train, Pick up time: 4 PM, Pick up Locations: Nampally, Begumpet, Lingampalli
- Sleeper Bus, Pick up time: 8.30 PM, Pick up Location: Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS)
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Gokarna (Toofan/Sumo/Tempo or similar)
Hubli to Hyderabad:
- Sleeper Train, Drop Location: Lingampalli, Begumpet, Nampally railway stations, Drop timing: Monday morning around 9 AM
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Blanket for your bus/train journey.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for beaches.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes is fine for Gokarna Beach Trek.
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater (for winters)
- Carry enough cash for food and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like trekking, camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. A warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go swimming. Vibhooti has enough water to take a refreshing dip.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Vibhooti waterfalls gives a thrilling wild experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti.
- 7 amazing Beaches of Gokarna, Murudeshwar
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- Visit all the places in Highlights section
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gandikota, Hampi, etc)
- For events that involve point-to-point bus/train booking, only a 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gokarna, Dandeli, etc)
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
We have beach camping as well as beach shacks at a well maintained private property on Nirvana beach. Our stay is far away from the usual crowded beaches of Gokarna which we avoid during our trip. This is one reason the trip is named Gokarna’s “private” beaches. You will be given luggage rooms on a gender basis. There are a separate dining area and lot of places to chill out. The Nirvana beach which is right ahead of our stay is pretty clean and huge. It is usually safe to play in the water. There is a private area for our tents and the campfire on the beach. Our travelers love the ambiance and the vibe of the place.
There are 5 washrooms each for men and women which are well maintained. Since the stay is blended with nature, expect a lot of sand everywhere.