Gokarna Private Beach Trek, Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana Cavesfrom
Gokarna Beach Trek & Camping from Bangalore
Sun, Sand, and the Sea – all calling from a wonderful beach destination Gokarna. Camping, Waterfalls, & Caves will make it even more exciting!
- Reviews 9 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Medium Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous beaches and a temple which are usually explored by tourists. But, there’s also an offbeat angle to this small coastal town that we will experience in this trip – a set of private beaches on the other side of river Aghanashini.
We’ll start our trip with a relaxing morning on Nirvana beach, away from the town.
We will indulge in sports like beach volleyball and frisbee, take a soul-soothing dip in the sea.
Post Lunch, we’ll go on an amazing hike to hidden beaches that are separated from Gokarna town by the Aghanashini river. The green sprouting Nirvana hill with panoramic views, clean white sand beaches, and the river merging into the sea is an experience that will refresh both your mind and soul.
Camping in Gokarna, especially on Nirvana private beach, is a beautiful experience (summer and winter). However, during monsoons, we prefer rooms and dorms. The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, a stroll on soft cold sand under starry night adds up to the amazing experience.
The next day, we will visit the most famous Om Beach of Gokarna and chill out at the beach shacks. With colourful crowd and picturesque panorama, Om Beach makes a perfect setting to take selfies and groupfies!
We will also visit gushing Vibhooti waterfalls and take a dip under chilling fresh mountain water. This is usually the highlight of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
Finally, we shall explore gigantic formations of Yana caves deep inside the jungle by trekking.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful experience – Gokarna Private Beaches Trek, Camp, Falls, Caves!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- Nirvana Beach Camping
- Offbeat Gokarna Beach trek (Nirvana Beach hike)
- Gokarna Om Beach Trip
- Vibhooti waterfalls Dip
- Yana Caves Exploration
- Music & social gathering on the beach side
- Amazing sunset
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Leave Bengaluru!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey.
- Day 1 Nirvana Beach Day, Hike, Camping
- Reach Nirvana private beach campsite
- The captivating setting of our campsite right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- Freshen up in the neat and clean bathrooms, have a nice breakfast in the dining area.
- Hit the beach and play lotta beach sports – Frisbee, beach volleyball, etc. It’s time for those slow-mos, boomerangs, and jumping pictures.
- Take a dip in the sea. Nirvana is a safe place to play in the water (in summer and winter). However, one has to take care not to go too deep into the water.
- Break for Lunch, chill out for some time under coconut trees near the shacks.
- (June to Sept) Hike to Nirvana hill to get a panoramic view of beaches, marvel at the Aghanashini river merging into the Arabian sea.
- (Oct to May) Beach trek to Mystery cave beach and Heaven beach.
- If the skies are clear, experience a peaceful sunset with the reddish-orange Sun slowly dipping into the ocean.
- Head back to the campsite by evening, refresh with hot tea/coffee.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under the starry night.
- Finish Dinner.
- Social gathering till late at night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Day 2 Om Beach, Vibhooti Falls, Yana Caves
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Pack your bags, take those lovely snaps on the beach one final time before we check out of the campsite.
- Visit the most famous Beach of Gokarna – Om Beach. This will be an hour’s drive from our Nirvana beach camp. Take some snaps, relax for a while at the shacks of Om Beach.
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on and shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there are not many options for good food at this remote location.
- Explore Yana caves in the dense forest. We have to trek 3 km on a broken road to reach caves. Sometimes there are open-top jeeps dropping people up and down. You may take one of them if you don’t want to strain yourself too much.
- Have Dinner at a restaurant/dhaba on our way back towards Bangalore.
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip and camping with friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- We have a private property right next to Nirvana Beach of Gokarna. Nirvana is located away from the crowded beaches of Gokarna. It is separated from Gokarna town by river Aghanashini.
- Tents are usually 3 sharing, but on request (and if available), we can give 2 sharing tents.
- Each tent has pillow, blanket, and mats. Campfire will be lit up close to tents.
- Dorms/rooms on sharing basis are given in rainy season
- Our stay has shacks, a restaurant, and common toilets/shower rooms.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner are included at stay.
- Food during journey is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Gokarna trek package on this screen for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Beach trek distance: 5 Km (up & down).
- Time taken: Usually 3 to 4 hours.
- Difficulty level: Easy.
- Terrain type: Beach, Small hills.
- Can beginners attempt this trek? Yes.
- Note: There are easy treks at Vibhooti & Yana also on Day 2.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip shoes or sandals for the trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:25 PM Tin Factory: 9:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:25 PM
Tin Factory: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
Note: Sometimes we may start early around 8 PM itself (for Mini-Bus). In this case, we shall let you know in advance on the trip day.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- This is a trip to offbeat beaches as explained everywhere in the trip details.
- This trip/trek does not include Gokarna main beach, Kudle Beach, and Gokarna temple.
- Travelers aren’t allowed to enter the sea because of the high tide during monsoons (June to Sept). Book your trip only if you are fine with this. It is dangerous to enter sea this season.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. A warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go swimming. Vibhooti has enough water to take a refreshing dip. Yana caves provide a good experience.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Vibhooti waterfalls and Yana caves in the jungle give a thrilling wild experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti. Best time for Yana caves.
- Stay at our lovely Nirvana beach camp (2/3 sharing tents)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg, Nonveg)
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Music & Dance under the open sky
- Trek guide
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
We have beach camping as well as beach shacks at a well maintained private property on Nirvana beach. Our stay is far away from the usual crowded beaches of Gokarna which we avoid during our trip. This is one reason the trip is named Gokarna’s “private” beaches. You will be given luggage rooms on a gender basis. There are a separate dining area and lot of places to chill out. The Nirvana beach which is right ahead of our stay is pretty clean and huge. It is usually safe to play in the water. There is a private area for our tents and the campfire on the beach. Our travelers love the ambiance and the vibe of the place
There are 5 washrooms each for men and women which are well maintained. Since the stay is blended with nature, expect a lot of sand everywhere.