Gokarna Private Beach Trek & Campingfrom
Gokarna Private Beach Trek & Camping
Gokarna is a great place for an offbeat beach trip with white sand beaches, pine/coconut trees, camping/shacks, beach trek, beautiful fort, pristine waterfalls, and gigantic caves. A weekend trip to Gokarna from Bangalore is a must in every traveler’s checklist.
Reviews 7 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous beaches and a temple which are usually explored by tourists. But, there’s also an offbeat angle to this small coastal town that we will experience in this trip – a set of private beaches on the other side of river Aghanashini.
We’ll start our trip with a relaxing morning on Nirvana beach, away from the town.
We will indulge in sports like beach volleyball and frisbee, take a soul-soothing dip in the sea.
Post Lunch, we’ll go on an amazing hike to hidden beaches that are separated from Gokarna town by the Aghanashini river. The green sprouting Nirvana hill with panoramic views, clean white sand beaches, and the river merging into the sea is an experience that will refresh both your mind and soul.
Camping in Gokarna, especially on Nirvana private beach, is a beautiful experience. The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, a stroll on soft cold sand under starry night adds up to the amazing experience.
The next day, we will visit the beautiful Mirjan Fort. The Fort with its walls covered by shades of green and brown grass gives a perfect setting to take selfies and groupfies.
We will also visit gushing Vibhooti waterfalls and take a dip under chilling fresh mountain water. This is usually the highlight of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
Finally, we shall explore gigantic formations of Yana caves deep inside the jungle by trekking.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful experience – Gokarna Private Beaches Trek, Camp, Falls, Caves!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- The amazing Nirvana hill easy hike of 6 km
- Offbeat Gokarna Beach trek (Nirvana Beach to Heaven beach, Mystery cave beach)
- Nirvana Beach Camping in Gokarna
- Beach games
- Vibhooti waterfalls
- Yana caves – easy hike of 6 km
- Mirzan Fort
- Music & Dance under the open sky
- Amazing sunset
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey.
- Reach Nirvana private beach campsite
- The captivating setting of our campsite right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- Freshen up in the neat and clean bathrooms, have a nice breakfast in the dining area.
- Hit the beach and play lotta beach sports – Frisbee, beach volleyball, etc. It’s time for those slow-mos, boomerangs and jumping pictures.
- Take a dip in the sea. Nirvana is a safe place to play in the water. However, one has to take care not to go too deep into the water.
- Break for the Lunch, chill out for some time under coconut trees near the shacks.
- Hike to Nirvana hill to get a panoramic view of beaches, marvel at the Aghanashini river merging into the Arabian sea.
- Beach trek to Mystery cave beach and Heaven beach.
- Experience a peaceful sunset with the reddish-orange Sun slowly dipping into the ocean.
- Head back to the campsite by evening, refresh with hot tea/coffee.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under the starry night
- Dinner will be served on the beach close to the tents.
- Social gathering till late late night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Pack your bags, take those lovely snaps on the beach one final time before we check out of the campsite.
- Visit beautiful Mirzan Fort. The fort really comes alive in the monsoon months. Good to take some snaps.
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on and shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there are not many options for good food at this remote location.
- Explore Yana caves in the dense forest. We have to trek 3 km on a broken road to reach caves. Sometimes there are open-top jeeps dropping people up and down. You may take one of them if you don’t want to strain yourself too much.
- Have Dinner at a restaurant/dhaba on our way back towards Bangalore.
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip and camping with friends and family.
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Friday night 8 PM
- Ending time: Monday morning around 6 AM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Marathahalli, Domlur, Goraguntepalya
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This trip/trek does not include Gokarna’s main beaches like Om Beach, Kudle Beach, etc. and Gokarna temple.
- This is a trip to offbeat beaches as explained everywhere in the trip details.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. A warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go swimming. Vibhooti has enough water to take a refreshing dip. Mirjan turns very dry and Yana caves are okay.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Mirjan Fort is very beautiful, Vibhooti waterfalls and Yana caves in the jungle give a thrilling wild experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti. Best time for Yana caves. Mirzan fort is okay.
- Stay at our lovely Nirvana beach camp (2 sharing tents)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (All Veg – If you wish to have non-veg, there is a kitchen to order at our campsite.)
- Offbeat Gokarna beach trek (Nirvana Beach to Heaven, Mystery Cave Beaches)
- Vibhooti waterfalls
- Yana caves
- Mirzan Fort
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Music & Dance under the open sky
- Organizer(s) from MT
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip
Tin Factory: 8:00 PM
- Madurai Idli shop
- Towards Mariamman Temple side
Marathahalli Bridge: 8:20 PM
- Kalamandir showroom
Domlur: 8:50 PM
- New Shanti Sagar Hotel
Goraguntepalya: 9:45 to 10:10 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip shoes or sandals for the trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!