Coorg Backpacking Trip | Hyderabadfrom
Backpacking Coorg Trip from Hyderabad
The high mountains of Coorg offer spectacular views with dense forest, evergreen coffee estates, captivating viewpoints, and deep valleys underneath your eyes. Coorg is a feast for eyes.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a mouth-watering experience on the western ghats. Coorg is a hill station located in Karnataka famous for its coffee and tea plantations. It’s called ‘The Scotland of India‘ thanks to its majestic beauty and cool climate.
An extra perk of traveling in monsoons is the clouds passing through you, or rather you passing through the clouds. Post monsoons you will get clear views, but every season has its own charm in the mountains. The valleys of Coorg are filled with tropical forests with a good amount of wildlife.
We will head to Tala Kaveri, the birthplace of the Cauvery river, visit the temple, climb upstairs of Brahmagiri hill to view picturesque scenes of high western ghats. We will then head to Madikeri – the most happening town of Coorg – stop by at beautiful viewpoints and do some coffee shopping.
On Day 2, we will head to Kushalnagar of Coorg, explore a serene hidden lake along with an Elephant camp across the river Cauvery. We will Chill in the intermittent rains, cold winds, warm ourselves close by the bonfire, and taste amazing Coorgie style food. And of course, sip that Coorg coffee umpteen number of times.
It’s beautiful, pure, and peaceful out there. Coorg is a destination that cannot be missed.
Are you up for it?
Let’s #getmuddy and #getwet this weekend in the prettiest hill station #Coorg.
Highlights of the Coorg Trip:
- Experience The Scotland of India Coorg
- Coffee estate Homestay
- Dubare Elephant Camp
- Golden Temple
- Tala Kaveri: birthplace of Cauvery river
- Brahmagiri Hills
- Madikeri town with fantastic viewpoints
- Madikeri Fort, Raja’s Seat
- Cold climate, Bonfire
- Good food, group activities
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Hyderabad in the evening, an overnight journey to Mysore
- Day 1 Schedule
- Freshen up at a restaurant (no shower at this point), have Breakfast.
- Reach Coorg homestay, take quick shower, grab your lunch box from our homestay.
- Head to Tala Kaveri, enjoy the stunning views from Brahmagiri hill, finish your Lunch.
- Visit Madikeri town, mesmerizing viewpoints, Raja’s seat, Madikeri Fort, shop your bags full of spices and coffee.
- Reach homestay, by night, have hot Tea/Coffee.
- Music, campfire with group activities, well deserved hot & delicious Coorgie dinner.
- Take good rest for the night.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Start the day with misty weather, fresh morning breeze, have a nice breakfast
- Pack your bags, and say Bye to our lovely coffee estate homestay
- Head to Kushalnagar of Coorg, visit a beautiful hidden lake and revel at the serenity of water, go around for a nature walk and explore the scenic beauty of the place
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant
- Visit Dubare Elephant Camp by crossing the river Cauvery on a boat See the tuskers rejuvenating in the camp close to their habitat
- Time permits, visit Tibetan golden temple
- Drive back to Mysore and reach by night, catch a return bus to Hyderabad
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your beautiful Coorg weekend getaway story with your friends and family
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 5 or more.
- Stay: At our beautiful coffee estate homestay (separate dorms for each gender, and clean washrooms)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner included. Rest is self-sponsored.
- Trek difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
- AC Multi Axle Semi Sleeper Bus between Hyderabad and Mysore
- Private vehicle between Mysore and Coorg (Non-AC Toofan/Sumo/Tempo or similar)
- Trip start time: Friday evening 5.30 PM
- Trip end time: Monday morning around 8 AM
- Pickup/Drop: MGBS
Things to carry for Coorg Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trip, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Coorg, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. It will be cloudy and misty everywhere.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Pleasant days, colder nights. A bonfire will give an awesome experience. Plenty of water in the Cauvery river.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. Still good for traveling with cheerful days and cold breeze. Landscapes are more brownish, a good time to escape Hyderabad city and its summer heat.
What is the best time to travel to Coorg?
- Coorg is a hill station for all seasons. Summers are pleasant (Feb to May), Monsoons (Jun to Sept) have their own charm. Winters (Oct to Jan) are cool. One good thing about Coorg is, there will be water in the Cauvery river in all seasons. Because of high altitude, it attracts good amounts of rain, misty clouds and has a good climate throughout the year.
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (all veg)
- Visit all places mentioned in the highlights/itinerary
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Leader
- A lot of action and entertainment.
- 1 Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (Food during travel)
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gandikota, Hampi, etc)
- For events that involve point-to-point bus/train booking, only a 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gokarna, Dandeli, etc)
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund if you were not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.