Bheemana Kindi Day Trekfrom
Bheemana Kindi Day Trek from Bangalore
– A day trek to a picturesque hillock named Bheemana Kindi where we hike, explore a giant 100 feet Arc carved on a rock.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Bheemana Kindi is located at a distance of 90 km from Bengaluru city with an altitude of 1057m ASL is a good trekking point in kabbalu forest with historic references to pandavas during excile.
It is one of the best trek for beginners with the trail being easy to moderate till the peak.
Kindi means hole/window or a passage. As per historical references when Pandavas were at Agnathvasa, Kunti mata lost her way in the Kabbalu forest. That is when Bheema using his mace made an arc on the big boulder so that the path could be seen far away and Kunti mata could walk.
However geologists consider it to be the doing of weathering and erosion. The huge arc has an height of 100 ft and width of 50ft.
At the foothills there is a small shiva temple. At the peak there is a Basaweshwara temple. The Arc is about 100 feet tall and has a width of 50 feet. Overall Bheemana Kindi is a 1.7 km trek (one way).
Don’t wait, join us!
Highlights of the Bheemana Kindi Trek:
- The giant Arc (almost 100 feet tall)
- Nice greenery all around
- Temple at base and top to explore
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 1 Bheemana Kindi Trek
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours after we exit the city towards Kanakapura Road will take us to the base of Bheemana Kindi.
- We will have our breakfast en route.
- Start hiking up from the Shiva temple at the base. through rocky trails interspersed with bushes/shrubs. It takes about hour and half to reach the top.
- Enjoy the picturesque setting at the peak, with a huge Arc carved out of a single piece of rock. This magnificent rock is believed to have been smashed by the Bheema himself.
- Explore the Basaweshwara temple, relax for some time before hiking down.
- Start back to Bangalore, reach by late afternoon.
- If needed, we can stop at a restaurant and have Lunch together.
- Tata bye bye.
- Share pictures clicked among the group.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Note: We can even pick people enroute on Outer Ring Road.
Things to carry for Bheemana Kindi Trip:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Breakfast packet, water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Poncho or raincoat (based on weather)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Bheemana Kindi trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Bheemana Kindi trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually avoid Bheemana Kindi trek, unless Forest Department gives permission for a Sunrise trek.
When is the best time to visit Bheemana Kindi?
- Since Bheemana Kindi is very close to Bangalore, it has a good climate throughout the year. It can be trekked in all seasons except peak summer.
What’s next after booking trek:
- Vehicle & Trek Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group 12 hours before trek.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Non AC, Push back vehicle)
- Trek Lead(s)
- Lunch (if we stop)
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- No alcohol & smoking during traveling or trekking.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like politics/religion/caste/race/sex.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) in the trip whatsapp group. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.