Coorg Trip with Mandalpatti Jeep Trailsfrom
Coorg Trip with Mandalpatti Jeep Trails, Madikeri
The high mountains of Coorg offer spectacular views with dense forest, evergreen coffee estates, captivating viewpoints, and deep valleys underneath your eyes. Coorg is a feast for the eyes.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a mouth-watering experience on the Western Ghats. Coorg is a hill station located in Karnataka famous for its coffee and tea plantations. It’s called ‘The Scotland of India‘ thanks to its majestic beauty and cool climate. The valleys of Coorg are filled with tropical forests with a good amount of wildlife.
First day, we will explore the most happening town of Coorg Madikeri – with beautiful viewpoints, historic fort, pristine waterfalls and a beautiful sunset point build by Maharajas of Coorg. Interested folks can also do coffee shopping. Coorg is also famous for its spice plantations along with Coffee and Tea estates.
We will Chill in the intermittent rains, cold winds, warm ourselves close by the bonfire, and taste amazing Coorgie style food. And of course, sip that Coorg coffee umpteen number of times.
Next day, early in the morning we will head to Mandalpatti which is famous for bumpy Jeep trails to witness stunning scenes of high Western Ghats. We will then visit Kushalnagar town of Coorg that is home to Elephant camp across the river Cauvery, take a dip in the river and visit Tibetan Monastery Golden Temple, if open.
Coorg is beautiful and peaceful. It’s a destination that cannot be missed. Are you up for it?
Highlights of the Coorg Trip:
- Experience The Scotland of India – Coorg
- Mandalpatti Jeep Trails
- Abbey Waterfalls
- Madikeri Fort, Raja’s Seat
- Elephant Camp
- Cauvery river dip (raft boating)
- Pleasant climate
- Coffee estate Homestay
- Bonfire with music
- Delicious food, group activities
- Day 0 Night journey to Coorg - Madikeri
- Start from Bengaluru in the night, a journey of 6 hours to Coorg homestay
- Day 1 Madikeri - Abbey Falls, Fort, Mandalpatti Jeep ride, shopping
- Reach Coorg homestay in the heart of a coffee estate by late evening, freshen up.
- Go on a bumpy Jeep ride to one of the most prettiest place in Coorg – Mandalpatti. It takes about an hour journey by 4×4 Jeep.
- Spend about an hour enjoying the captivating views at the top, return journey by jeep.
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit mesmerizing Abbey waterfalls that gushes down from a height of 70 feet to form a pool below that later joins the Cauvery river. Travelers would need to cross a picturesque hanging bridge to reach waterfalls.
- After spending good amount of time at falls, head back to the town and explore historical Madikeri Fort.
- Enjoy the most famous sunset of Coorg at the Raja’s seat, a tourist attraction that offers panoramic views of the valley. During monsoons, the valley is usually filled with mist and clouds.
- Madikeri town which is famous for spices, coffee, tea and honey. Take half an hour to shop at Madikeri market.
- Return to the homestay, refresh.
- Have hot Dinner (Veg and Non veg).
- Bonfire with music and group activities.
- Get a good sleep on the comfortable beds of the Coffee estate stay.
- Day 2 Golden Temple, Elephant Camp, Raja's Seat, Return journey!
- Freshen up and sip estate brewed Coffee in the misty morning weather of Coorg.
- Have a nice breakfast, freshen up, pack your bags, check out of the stay.
- Head to Kushal Nagar Dubare Elephant camp and cross Cauvery river on a boat to meet and green Tuskers (Elephants) rejuvenating at a camp close to their habitat. Here one can serve them fruits, even bath them with river water, if allowed at that time.
- Interested folks can go for raft-boating at Dubare camp on Kaveri river and even take a dip in the fresh flowing water.
- (Time permits : Extra place) Take a pit stop at a beautiful hidden lake named Chiklihole reservoir and revel at the serenity of water, go around for a nature walk and explore the scenic beauty of the place.
- Finish quick Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit colorful Tibetan Golden Temple which is called as Namdroling Monastery.
- Start journey back to Bangalore by late afternoon to reach back home by Dinner time.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Homestay – Rooms on sharing basis.
- The private property is amidst lush green Coffee estates away from Madikeri town.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner (Veg/Nonveg) are included.
- Lunches are self sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Coorg Trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry for Coorg Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trip, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 10:00 PM
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
Marathahalli: 10:20 PM
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 10:40 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
Goraguntepalya: 11:30 to 11:50 PM (based on traffic)
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Push back Tempo or Minibus)
- Stay (Coffee Estate homestay)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Nonveg)
- Jeep ride to Mandalpatti
- All entry tickets
- Visit all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Bonfire with social gathering
- Trip Leader(s)
- A lot of entertainment.
- Charges for boating or any special activity
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.