Bandaje arbi falls Trek with Ballalarayana durga fort & Kodige fallsfrom
Bandaje Falls and Ballarayanadurga Fort Trek from Bangalore
A unique combination called Bandaje waterfalls and Ballarayanadurga Fort presents tall mountains of western ghats with deep valleys, thunderous waterfalls in an evergreen forest.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Hidden among a blanket of greenery on top of the hills, Bandaje Arbi Waterfalls is a campers paradise in western ghats. The only way to reach the falls is through trekking. It plunges 200 feet from the hilltop and is a surreal sight to behold. The best part about the waterfalls is that the spot is absolutely clean and untouched, largely because of the strenuous trek uphill.
On Day 1 we set on an 8 Km trek to Bandaje waterfalls from our base camp. The trek initially passes through a village, a couple of forest streams, after which it becomes steep before entering a dense evergreen forest. The forest is so thick that sun rays will hardly reach the ground. After taking a well-deserved dip in the chilling waterfalls, we indulge in raw nature camping overnight.
We will sleep in the tranquility of mother nature and wake up to the unbelievable sunrise glistening through the mist.
We will then continue the trek towards Ballarayanadurga Fort, which is around 5 km distance from the falls. The trek trails are very confusing, one reason why we would opt for the forest guide. Once we ascend the initial forest path, the wide-open Shola grasslands that offer breathtaking views all round will welcome us.
Halfway through the trail that takes us on one of the most beautiful terrains in the western ghats, there is a 360-degree view of the surrounding mountains, that suggests we reached the peak of the mountain. From here, we descend towards the Ballarayanadurga fort which is on an adjacent mountain.
We will explore the remains of a fort that was built during the Hoysala dynasty. It stands as proof of magnificent past and architectural excellence. After this, we shall hike down another 3 Km to the civilization where our vehicle would be waiting to pick us.
One would seldom find a place as peaceful and isolated as Bandaje Arbi Waterfalls and Ballarayanadurga fort. If you seek solitude from raw nature, just book it.
Highlights of the Bandaje Trek:
- Trek to thunderous Bandaje Arbi waterfalls
- Explore Ballarayanadurga fort sitting on top of a giant mountain
- Visit to Kodige falls & Seega gudda
- Bonfire with group activities
View this post on Instagram
- Day 0 Night journey to Bandaje Base
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Bandaje base village.
- Day 1 Bandaje and Ballalarayanadurga Trek
- Reach our guesthouse early in the morning, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Have Breakfast, get set for the trek.
- Drive to the base of Bandaje, grab your packet of Lunch.
- Meet our forest guide, listen to a small brief about the trek route and precautions to be taken in nature camping, start trekking uphill.
- Trek through dense forest, crossing streams and meadows, reach by late afternoon, take a refreshing dip in the most amazing Bandaje waterfalls.
- Start trekking towards Ballarayanadurga, the midpoint of which is the peak of a mountain with stunning views.
- Continue hiking down to the fort, exploring ruins and fort walls.
- Social gathering at night with long conversations, rest in the cozy tents
- Day 2 Schedule
- Wake up, freshen up
- Visit extremely pretty Kodige Waterfalls and play in water
- Come back to homestay, have breakfast
- Say bye to our Homestay
- Start back to Bangalore, Lunch stop on the way.
- Visit Seega gudda . Enjoy the view at the shiva temple.
- Reach home by night ( before dinner time )
- Bombard your Instagram and Facebook with your Bandaje pictures for the next 1 week
- Seasonal variations: ...
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Ballarayanadurga. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls at Bandaje Arbi. But the experience in monsoons is simply amazing.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Plenty of water in the falls to take a shower. Amazing sunsets and sunrises at Bandaje & Ballarayanadurga will continue throughout the winter. Surely the best time to experience the bliss of nature.
- Feb to May (summer): Mountains get drier and more brownish. It will be hot and humid that can sap off our energy. We usually avoid doing Ballarayanadurga in summer.
- What's next after booking your trip: ...
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 8:00 PM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 8:25 PM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 8:40 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Goraguntepalya: 9:35 to 9:50 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
Things to carry for Ballarayanadurga Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini Bus, Non AC)
- Stay at trekkers homestay (separate dormitory for guys and girls)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Evening snacks (all veg)
- Bandaje trek permissions, Forest department fees
- Jeep Ride to Bandaje base point
- Trek Leader(s)
- Forest guide
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Visit to Kodige falls & Seega gudda
- A lot of entertainment through out the trip 🙂
- Lunch on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It falls under “easy to moderate” difficulty of treks in western ghats.
It’s about an 8 Km trek up and down. Most of the trek path is at a steady inclination that takes time to climb up. Expect lots of rain, muddy trails, leeches when it rains. Typically trekkers take 4 to 5 hours to finish the Ballarayanadurga trek.
- The months from Jun to Sept are special for Ballarayanadurga monsoon trek. It’s a great experience this time for the people who don’t care about getting drenched.
- The months – Oct to Feb are very good to trek with clear skies, pleasant weather. Water will be available throughout the season at Bandaje waterfalls.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!