Lohagad Trek with Pawna Lake Campingfrom
Lohagad Trek with Pawna Lake Camping from Mumbai & Pune
A relaxing weekend trip to a mesmerizing hill station in the Sahyadris with an easy hike to the beautiful Lohagad fort, captivating Pawna Lake camping, and delicious food.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Hello Trekkers and Campers!
Muddie Trails presents a mouth-watering experience at the beautiful destination of Lonavala. Located in the Sahyadri ranges of Maharashtra, Lonavala is blessed with breathtaking views and is definitely a relaxing and romantic getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Be awestruck by this majestic hill station as you admire its scenic beauty and epic history. Like the wholehearted blessings of nature, Lonavala is blessed with magnificent lush green mountains and spectacular valleys as well.
At a height of 625 meters above the sea level, it’s hard to describe its beauty of Lonavala, especially in the monsoon season. But camming is a bit challenging in rains. So we camp during winter and summer.
We will also hike up Lohagad fort (Easy trek) and see one of the most beautiful valleys of Sahyadris.
In the evening, we will chill out at the pristine Pawna Lake camp, get warm by the bonfire, and treat ourselves by tasting amazing local cuisine. Expecting rains?
Come, join us on this beautiful journey to Lonavala.
Highlights of the Lohagad Trek, Pawna Camping:
- Lohagad Fort easy hike
- Pawna Lake with Camping
- Good food (Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch)
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 1 Schedule
- 8:30 AM Reach Lonavala railway station and meet our Trek Lead.
- Get on the Jeep and head towards the base of Lohagad fort.
- Fuel up for the trek with nice breakfast.
- Start trekking towards Lohagad fort with well laid 300+ stairs initially.
- Along the way, we get to see beautiful Pawna lake filled with rain water.
- It’s a huge fort to explore once we reach the top and will easily take 2 hours to cover the entire circumference.
- We will also walk up to the ridge of Lohgad fort which is called ”Scorpion’s tail” and enjoy the view from far end.
- Relax for a while and start descending.
- Have fulfilling lunch at the base village.
- Get back to Campsite by evening, enjoy Chai with snacks as we laze around in the breezy evening.
- Revel in the warmth of the campfire after this.
- Have hot & delicious veg/non-veg dinner together.
- Social gathering & group activities through the night, play our music, sing, and dance.
- Rest in the tents
- Day 2 Schedule
- Start the day with a hot breakfast around 9 AM
- Start back to Mumbai & Pune, reach home by early evening
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach Hyderabad around 7 AM
- Share our beautiful little Lonavala weekend getaway story with our friends
- Seasonal variations: ...
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Lonavala with full greenery, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. The landscapes turn brownish but are still very beautiful. Plenty of water in Pawna Lake always. Amazing sunrises and sunsets. Best time for camping.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. We usually do not organize the Lonavala trip in these months.
- What's next after booking your trip: ...
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Things to carry for Lohagad Trek, Pawna Camping:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry water bottle, lunch packet, towel etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rain proof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls, if possible
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Pickup/Drop by private vehicle from Lonavala Railway station
- Pawna Lake Campsite (tents on 3 sharing, clean washrooms)
- Food: 1Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (veg & non veg)
- Experience of all places mentioned in the Highlights
- All entry tickets
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Leader
- A lot of action and entertainment!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time (note that this trip involves point to point Bus booking)
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
Lonavala is a pretty hill station in the Sahyadris of Maharashtra. Monsoons (Jun to Sept) have their own charm, you can see Lonavala at its best. Winters (Oct to Jan) are awesome to travel too and camping experience is delightful. One good thing about Pawna Lake is, there will be water in all seasons.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!