Kudremukh Trek with Water Sportsfrom
Kudremukh Trek from Bangalore
The absolutely stunning Kudremukh is a trekker’s delight with rolling hills, crystal clear streams, sprawling grasslands, and dense shola forests. Easily the most beautiful trek in the Western Ghats.
- Reviews 3 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Kudremukh is the 3rd highest peak of Karnataka, located in the heart of Kudremukh National Park. The name Kudremukh is derived from the side view of this mountain that resembles the Horse face. If trekking in the dense green Western Ghats is in your wish list, Kudremukh is the trek for you.
Kudremukh attracts trekkers from all over India. Trekkers have to mark our attendance at the forest check post to start their hike towards King Kudremukh. Because of the heavy rush, it gets mighty tough to get trekking slots for Saturday. So we go for the Kudremukh trek on Sunday.
The initial part of the trek passes through dense forests interspersed with flowing streams of crystal clear water. Crossing these streams is fun, with slippery rocks and chilling water wetting our shoes. This jungle is followed by green carpets of endless grasslands welcoming trekkers onto smooth hill slopes, one above another as if they are meticulously arranged by nature.
Kudremukh trek is a serene experience, in spite of the challenge it offers. After all, finishing a 20 Km (up and down) mountain hike in the diverse terrain of Kudremukh is no mean feat for trekkers. It can take up to 4 hours to reach the peak. So it’s better travelers has prior trekking experience or fit enough body to finish the trek.
A day before the trek, we shall visit a fun filled place – Yagachi reservoir – where you can indulge in different water sports.
Come, experience the Western Ghats in it’s full glory at the Horse Face Kudremukh!
Highlights of Kudremukh Trek:
- The rolling hills of Kudremukha
- Crossing streams en route trek
- Indulge in water sports at Yagachi Reservoir
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 1 Day journey, Water sports, Reach stay.
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning from different pickup points in the city, have Breakfast on our way.
- Lots of fun activities during our day journey, as usual.
- Reach Yagachi reservoir close to Chikmagalur and play various water sports (self sponsored).
- Finish Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Move towards base village of Kudremukh, Kalasa village, and reach by late evening.
- We might have to reach homestay by an off-road Jeep ride
- Freshen up, change and gather around a bonfire for long conversations.
- Have a well deserved hot dinner.
- Rest for the night. We shall end it a little early so that our body is well prepared for Kudremukh trek next morning.
- Day 2 Kudremukh Trek
- Good morning around 5 AM!
- Fuel up with Breakfast for the 20 Km intense Kudremukh Trek.
- Grab your pack of Lunch from the Trek Lead.
- Start hiking at the Forest check post after getting necessary trek permissions.
- Cross plenty of streams, lush green meadows and steep mountains to scale easily the most beautiful peak in Western Ghats – Kudremukh.
- Finish Lunch at the top, relax for some time enjoying the fresh breeze and pure air.
- Keeping our deadline of 6 PM in mind, carefully hike down and reach back to our homestay to freshen up, and change.
- We will finish Dinner before starting journey back to Bangalore.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Kudremukh Trek will surely give you sore body parts when you wake up.
- Bombard your Instagram and Facebook with your Kudremukh pictures for the next 1 week 😉
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semis-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Rooms with comfortable beds, blankets.
- Separate for Men and Women.
- We even have Tent stay. Contact organizers to check availability.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 packed Lunch, 2 Dinner (all veg) are included.
- Food during journey is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kudremukh trek package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Kudremukh Trek Distance: 20+ Km (up & down).
- Time taken: Usually 8 to 9 hours.
- Difficulty level: Moderate to Hard.
- Terrain type: Mountain climbing, Forest, Grassland.
- Can beginners attempt this trek?
Only if you are fit and don’t have any knee/ankle/back issues. If you already have trekking experience in Western Ghats or Himalayas, then surely you can attempt Kudremukh as well.
Things to carry for Kudremukh Trek:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to October)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pickup points, Timings:
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 8:00 PM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 8:25 PM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 8:40 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Goraguntepalya: 9:35 to 9:50 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to Oct (monsoon): The most beautiful time to trek Kudremukh is in the monsoons. Persistent rains make it a challenging hike but at the same time, present misty fresh weather that can give an unparalleled experience. Expect lots of leeches waiting to latch on.
- Nov to Feb (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. The landscapes are still amazing to trek. Kudremukh attracts lots of trekkers in the winter months.
- Mar to May (summer): Dry climate. The Forest department usually discontinues Kudremukh to prevent human-triggered forest fires.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini Bus, Non AC)
- Stay at trekkers homestay (separate dormitory for guys and girls)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinner (all veg)
- Kudremukh trek permissions, Forest department fees
- Jeep Ride to base village
- Trek Leader(s)
- Forest guide
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- A lot of entertainment through out the trip 🙂
- Lunch while traveling back to Bangalore
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
It falls under the “hard” category of treks in western ghats. Trekkers have to cover almost 20 Km up and down in a single day. The trek starts from the forest office at base camp early in the morning around 8 AM. There is a deadline of 6 PM to return to base camp.
It’s about a 10 Km hike. That makes it around 20 Km trek up and down. Most of the trek path is at a steady inclination that takes time to climb up. Expect lots of rain, muddy trails, leeches. Because of the slippery path, it takes time to climb down also. Typically trekkers take 9 hours to finish the Kudremukh trek.
The months from Jun to Sept are special for Kudremukh monsoon trek. It’s a great experience this time for the people who don’t care about getting drenched.
The months of Oct to Feb are very good to trek with clear skies, pleasant weather. Water will be available throughout the season at Elaneeru waterfalls.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!