Gudibande Fort Trekfrom
Trek to Gudibande Fort
– An easy on the body, pretty on the eye trek to a beautiful fort named Gudibande near Bangalore. Muddie Trails is coming together with Monks on Wheels to organize this day trip.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
If you are looking for a short break from the city life of Bengaluru without much straining yourself, then Gudibande Fort is a great option for a day trek. Gudibande is a multi layered fort built in the style of another popular fort – Madhugiri. There are multiple things to explore through the trek like rain water ponds, a temple, ruins of the fort and tunnels build as escape routes. Like most of the hills, view from the top is really worth the climb.
Come, join Muddie Trails / Monks on Wheels for a short little day trip!
Highlights of Gudibande Trip:
- Panoramic views of surrounding landscapes and Byrasagara Lake
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Schedule Gudibande Day Trek
- Start from Bangalore around 6 AM, with small refreshments enroute (No special stop for Breakfast, as we will have heavy brunch later).
- A fun filled journey of 90 minutes with travelers intros and ice-breakers will take us to the base of Gudibande.
- We will hike up from the Gudibande village, explore the fort, temple, peek into tunnel pathways made as escape routes.
- The view gets better and better as we climb up. It usually takes about an hour to hour-and-half to ascend with rest stops.
- Either you want to bask under the Sun and have a peaceful me-time or you want to take those innumerable selfies/pictures, there is lots of space for everything at the top of the fort.
- After relaxing good amount of time, start hiking down when your stomach says – feed me something!
- Finish fulfilling Brunch (Veg & Non Veg)
- Start back to Bangalore, reach by evening around 6 PM.
- Share pictures through a shared link.
- Seasonal variations: ...
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us at the Gudibande trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant weather, dry climate for Uttaribetta trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are long and hot in summer, we usually change this event to Gudibande Sunrise trek, we would start in Bangalore around midnight. This event posting will be updated accordingly.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
- Silk Board, Indiranagar, Hebbal (Timings will be mentioned in whatsapp group). The trip starts at 6 AM.
Things to carry for Gudibande Trek:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry snacks, water bottle, etc.)
- Track pants, full sleeve cotton T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trek.
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Travel (Non AC)
- Morning refreshments (energy bar, packed juice),
- 1 Brunch (Veg & Non Veg)
- Trek Leader(s) from Muddie Trails / Monks on Wheels
- Lot’s of entertainment while we are traveling
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It is one of the easiest treks around Bangalore. This trip is more of a relaxed day outing rather than a trek.