Gokarna Beach Trek, Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana Cavesfrom
Gokarna Beach Trek & Camping from Bangalore
Sun, Sand, and the Sea – all calling from a wonderful beach destination Gokarna. Camping, Waterfalls, & Caves will make it even more exciting!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Kudle Beach usually visited by tourists. Interesting thing is, there are also a few more beaches that can only be reached by trek like Paradise Beach, Small Hell Beach, Half Moon Beach. These Beaches are separated by hills covered with mini forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods, and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
We’ll start our trip with a relaxing morning at Nirvana beach, away from the Gokarna town. Many more beaches waiting to be explored later in the day till we reach most famous Om Beach!
With colorful crowd and picturesque panorama, Om Beach makes a perfect setting to take selfies and groupfies!
The night is happening and full of memories at Gokarna!
The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, and a stroll on the soft sand under a moonlit night adds up to the amazing experience.
The next day, we will also visit gushing Vibhooti waterfalls and take a dip under chilling fresh mountain water. This is one of the highlights of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
Finally, we shall explore gigantic formations of Yana caves deep inside the jungle by trekking.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful experience – Gokarna Beach Trek, Vibhooti Waterfalls, and Yana Caves!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- Gokarna 5 Beach trek (up and down)
(Fishing Port 👉 Belekan Beach 👉 Paradise Beach 👉 Small Hell Beach 👉 Half-moon Beach 👉 Om Beach)
- Nirvana Beach Camping
- Vibhooti waterfalls Dip
- Yana Caves Exploration
- Beautiful sunset
- Bonfire with music
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Leave Bengaluru!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Konkan coast.
- Day 1 Gokarna Beach Trek & Camping
- Reach Gokarna stay
- The captivating setting of our campsite very close to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- Put your bags in luggage room, freshen up, have Breakfast.
- Change to trek gear, go on a famous Gokarna Beach Trek covering following beaches: Om Beach ~ Half moon Beach ~ Small Hell Beach ~ Paradise Beach ~ Belekan Beach (Sometimes we do this trek in reverse order of beaches mentioned here by taking a ferry boat to cross Aghanashini river. This happens when our stay is at Nirvana).
- Hit the beach where ever you wish to, take a dip. It’s time for those slow-mos, boomerangs, and jumping pictures.
- Gokarna is usually a safe place to play in the sea in summer and winter.
Note: Safety is utmost priority. One has to take care not to go too deep into the water.
- Break for Lunch at Om Beach shacks, chill out for some time.
- Return trek back to the fishing port. Reach campsite by late evening, refresh.
- Note: In case you don’t want to do return trek there is an option to take Auto or Boat back to trek starting point. This is self-sponsored and optional.
- Experience a peaceful sunset with the reddish-orange Sun slowly dipping into the ocean.
- Tents assignment.
- Our camp will lighten up the bonfire, we can play music under the starry night.
- Have your Dinner at the stay (as per pre-order).
- Social gathering till late at night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Day 2 Vibhooti Falls, Yana Caves
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze on the beach side with birds chirping and fishermen going about their routine.
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Pack your bags, take those lovely snaps on the beach one final time before checking out of the stay.
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a single change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on the shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there is only one option for having food at this remote location. The food might not be great sometimes but we have to adjust.
- Explore Yana caves in the dense forest. Contrary to the name, these are not really caves. Yana caves are breathtaking black rock formations because of volcanic eruptions millions of years ago. They are located in the middle of thick jungle and are a treat for nature lovers.
- There is a temple at the base of the caves to explore.
- Say good bye to Yana caves late evening, start return journey back towards Bangalore.
- Have Dinner at a restaurant/dhaba on our way .
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Day 3 Back home with memories!
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip with friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- At a private Camp close to the Beach.
- Tents are of different combinations – 4/5/6/8 sharing.
- On request, and if available, we can give 2/3 sharing tents at extra cost.
- Each tent has pillows, blankets, and mats.
- The stay also has well maintained common toilets/shower rooms.
- Morning time before trek, we will get luggage room to put our bags.
- 2 Breakfasts are included at the stay.
- Lunches and Dinners are self sponsored. The shacks at Gokarna serve wide range of Konkan cuisine as well as South/North Indian food.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Gokarna trek package for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Beach trek distance: 8 Km (Up and down)
- Time taken: Usually 5 to 6 hours (Up and down)
- Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Terrain type: Beach, Small hills.
- Can beginners attempt this trek? Yes.
- Note: In case anyone wants to skip return trek, there is an option to take Auto or Boat back to trek starting point. Charges for this is self-sponsored.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip shoes or sandals for the trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:25 PM Tin Factory: 9:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:25 PM
Tin Factory: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
Note: Sometimes we may start early around 8 PM itself (for Mini-Bus). In this case, we shall let you know in advance on the trip day.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- These trips involve traveling with strangers and night stays (If any). Please be mindful that:
- You will need to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) contact details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travelers are not allowed to play in the sea because of the high tide during monsoons (June to Sept). Book your trip only if you are fine with this. It is dangerous to enter the sea this season.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. A warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go swimming. Vibhooti has enough water to take a refreshing dip. Yana caves provide a good experience. Best time for sunsets.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Vibhooti waterfalls and Yana caves in the jungle give a thrilling wild experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti. Best time for Yana caves.
- Travel (Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus, Non AC)
- Tents on sharing basis
- 2 Breakfasts
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Music & social gathering under the open sky
- Trek guide & entry tickets
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Lunches & Dinners.
- Any Auto or Boat charges taken to avoid trekking.
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.