The Grand Canyon Gandikota Night Camping, Trekking, Swimmingfrom
Gandikota Camping with Trekking, Swimming from Hyderabad
The Grand Canyon of India as it is called, Gandikota offers spectacular gorges cut through Erramala Hills by Penna river, as well as a great camping experience.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Small Group
Muddie Trails presents an alluring combination of beautiful Gandikota canyons with camping, easy trekking and swimming with life jackets.
Gandikota, located at a distance of 380 Km from Hyderabad, is known for its spectacular gorge formed by river Penna that cuts through the Erramala hills. This handsome piece of nature’s architecture is called the Grand Canyon of India by travelers who are fascinated by its unmatched beauty. A visit to this remote village in Andhra Pradesh is all the more enticing for its camping experience and a bit of trekking to the river to indulge in swimming.
On Saturday, we shall do an exciting Train journey from Hyderabad, socializing and playing games. We will get down at the base city and reach Gandikota for a thrilling night Camping. Camping close to the grand canyon is a beautiful experience one should not miss. Get ready to eat spicy and tasty Rayalaseema food as we have fun around the Campfire.
The next day, Sunday, we will explore Gandikota fort to start with. There are different places to explore in the fort like a old temple, food storage units, and other monuments. We will then trek down to the Penna river, indulge in swimming with life jackets, go on a coracle ride if available. We will also visit a seasonal waterfall that is active from (July till Dec).
We will top it up by visiting The Grand Canyon view just in time for the amazing sunset. A profile picture overlooking the stunning gorge is every traveler’s dream.
Come, join us on this fun-filled weekend trip to The Grand Canyon of India called Gandikota.
Highlights of the Gandikota Trip:
- The Grand Canyon view
- Gandikota Fort ruins like the old temple, prison
- Swimming with life jackets
- Waterfalls (seasonal)
- Amazing sunrise and sunset
- Camping close to Canyon
- Music and games
- Tasty, spicy Rayalaseema food
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
A complete travel story!
- Saturday Train Journey, Night Camping at Gandikota!
- Start from Hyderabad Kacheguda Railway station in the morning
- A day journey in Train with group activities and socializing
- Deboard the train at base city and shift to private vehicle
- Reach Gandikota by late evening, quick freshen up. There are neat and clean private washrooms close to the camp for our night use.
- Get set for night Camping close to canyons with Bonfire and delicious Food.
- Revel in the warmth of the campfire, count plenty of stars, play music and dance
- Hot and spicy dinner
- Indulge in group activities till late night
- Rest in your assigned tents
- Sunday Gandikota Fort, Canyon, Swimming, Trekking, Sunset
- Start the day late with a heavy Breakfast
- Head out to the Penna river on a mini-trek to the bottom of the Gandikota gorge, play in the waterfall or river, indulge in swimming with life jackets
- Head back to our restaurant to have lunch, relax for an hour when the sun is at it’s peak
- Walk to the old Fort, explore different places like prison, old temple, food storage etc.
- Visit The Grand Canyon which is on rocky terrain, do a lot of self-styled bouldering by waking up the monkey inside us. Mind your foot though for it can be dangerous.
- Shout out loud into the valley to listen to your echo from different directions!
- Enjoy a peaceful sunset at the gorges
- Evening snacks with Tea
- Start back to base city, catch return bus to Hyderabad
- Monday Back to Hyderabad!
- Reach home early Monday morning
- Share your fun filled Gandikota weekend trip story with your friends and family
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Stay: Camping in the tents (2 and 3 sharing), neat and clean private washrooms, luggage room.
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (veg and non-veg), 1 Evening Snacks are all included at our Gandikota Camp
- Trek difficulty level: Easy
- Train from Hyderabad to base city
- Starting time: Saturday morning 9 AM
- Pickup: Kacheguda Railway station
- Ending time: Monday morning 6 AM
- Drop: MGBS (Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand)
- Local transportation is included by private vehicle
Things to Carry for Gandikota Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry water bottle, snacks, towel etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rain proof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Full sleeve cotton t shirt, track pant is advised as it’s a hot place (Oct to Feb)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine
- Your personal medications, if any
- Waterwear if you wish to take a dip in the Lake
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip.
- June to mid-Sept (monsoons): It’s a slight rain shadowed place, but may get intermittent rains which provide a respite from usually hot weather. The river will have a good amount of water.
- Mid Sept to Feb (winter): Good time for camping. These months bring lots of backpackers to Gandikota. Best for peaceful sunrise and sunset.
- Mar to May (summer): Gets really hot. We usually don’t organize Gandikota in these months.
- Travel (Train, private vehicle)
- Stay at our campsite (tents on 2 and 3 sharing basis)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (veg & non veg), 1 Evening Snacks
- Experience all places in Highlights section
- Swimming with life jackets
- Music and dance under open sky
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Food during journey
- Coracle or any special activities, if available
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform us about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.