Dandeli & Gokarna Long Weekend Special Trip | Bangalorefrom
Long Weekend Special: Dandeli, Gokarna, Vibhooti, Yana
– Experience Kayaking, Jacuzzi, Boating, Zorbing, Swimming, River Rafting – Day full of adventure followed by a Gokarna Beach Trek , Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana Caves!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Adventure seekers!
Dandeli is an ideal weekend getaway in north Karnataka for those who love nature & water activities. The town is surrounded by thick forests and rich vegetation where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain. On the banks of the Kali river, Dandeli is truly a fascinating mix of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure sports.
Different water adventure sports in Dandeli include Kayaking, Jacuzzi, Boating, Zorbing, Swimming with life jackets, etc. Each activity costs between 100 to 350 INR. The short White Water Rafting costs approx. 600 rupees. We have a window to enjoy whichever watersports you pick.
One would like to enjoy all watersports. Don’t worry about the price of individual activities. Muddie Trails tied up with local and certified adventure sports providers to give the following package at a special discounted price of 750-850/- rupees:
- Short White Water Rafting
- 1 or 2 more activities
Life jackets will be provided for all the activities. You may avail these water sports directly by paying cash over there.
Important notes on rafting:
- The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on Saturday morning.
- No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
Add to the excitement – the most famous destination in Karnataka. – Gokarna. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Kudle Beach. Interesting thing is, there are also a few more beaches that can only be reached by trek like Paradise Beach and Half Moon Beach. These Beaches are separated by hills covered with forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods, and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
Taking a dip under the chilling fresh mountain water of Vibhooti waterfalls is so rejuvenating. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy. A visit to Yana caves in the thick rain forest is equally thrilling.
So, what are you waiting for? 😉
Highlights of the Dandeli Trip:
- Dandeli Water Sports Package at a special discounted price
- Private property Camping (Dandeli)
- Nirvana Beach Camping (Gokarna)
- Gokarna Beach Trek: Om Beach, Half moon Beach, Devil’s Hell Beach, Paradise Beach, Fisherman’s Port.
- Vibhooti Waterfalls
- Yana Caves
- Campfire (both nights)
- Social gathering with music under the open sky
- Good food (both veg & non-veg)
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Journey begins!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Dandeli Adventures
- Reach the adventure town of Dandeli, check in to our beautiful private property campsite away from the town, with facilities like tents, clean washrooms, dining area, campfire/music zone.
- Note: Sometimes because of travelers of previous day, our check-in time may be delayed as tents are not yet prepared for us. In the meantime, we will freshen up. Around 9 to 10 AM we might be given tents.
- Freshen up and fuel up with a really heavy Breakfast
- Drive to the adventure land on the banks of river Kali, indulge in day-long water activities. The special discounted price of water activities is mentioned in the overview of this trip.
- Come back to the campsite for late Lunch.
- (Time permits) We will explore one optional place near Dandeli and spend some time in a serene environment.
- Chill out at the camp in the evening, freshen up.
- Bonfire at night with long conversations. Your trip leader will organize group activities. You may also chill out and have your me-time.
- We shall play our music, sing, and dance under the open sky
- Well deserved hot dinner both veg and non-veg
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Vibhooti, Yana
- Wake up call at 6 AM, quick freshen up, have breakfast, check out of our camp, and start our journey towards Western Ghats.
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on and shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic (self-sponsored) lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there are not many options for good food at this remote location.
- Explore Yana caves in the dense forest. We have to trek 3 km on a broken road to reach the caves. Sometimes there are open-top jeeps dropping people up and down. You may take one of them if you don’t want to strain yourself too much.
- Drive towards the west coast, reach Nirvana private beach campsite.
- The captivating setting of our campsite right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- Freshen up in the neat and clean bathrooms.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under a starry night
- Have a delicious dinner.
- Social gathering till late at night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Day 3 Gokarna Beach Trek
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach
- Freshen up, have breakfast, check out of our camp, and start our journey towards the beach trek base point.
- Trek path: Belekan beach > Paradise beach > Devil’s Hell beach > Half-moon beach > Om beach.
- Chill out and have leisurely Lunch at one of the shacks at Om beach
- Freshen up in shower rooms of Om Beach after playing in the water.
- Time permits, some of you can visit Gokarna Temple along with the flea market late in the evening.
- Start back towards Bangalore.
- Have dinner at a restaurant/dhaba on our way back.
- Overnight journey.
- Day 4 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna Beaches, Dandeli Adventures trip with friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
👉 This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like water adventures, trekking and camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Stay at private property Dandeli (3/4/more sharing Tents).
- Stay at Nirvana Beachside camp Gokarna (3/4/multi sharing Tents).
- Each tent has pillow, blanket, and mats with bedsheets. The stays have well-maintained toilets/shower rooms.
- Campfire will be lit up close to tents.
- There are additional fun activities at our Dandeli camp.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley).
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc).
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID).
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September).
- Shorts, T-shirt for water sports (in winter/summer).
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime).
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh).
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to).
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsites.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes).
- A good grip sandals or shoes for the treks (Gokarna and Yana).
- Your personal medications, if any.
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea.
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip.
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – Dandeli can get cold at night as its close to the forest.
- Carry a lil bit of cash for meals that are self sponsored and for misc. expenses like drinks and shopping.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 8:00 PM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 8:25 PM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 8:40 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Goraguntepalya: 9:35 to 9:50 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini-bus, Non AC)
- Stay at a private camp in Dandeli,
- Stay at a beach camp (Nirvana) in Gokarna
- Food: 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg)
- Visit to all the places mentioned in the Highlights
- Bonfires (if it doesn’t rain) with music under the open sky
- Trip Leader(s)
- All entry tickets
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Water activities like River rafting, Jacuzzi, Kayaking, Boating, etc.
- Lunch on Day 2 and 3, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Our stay is a well maintained private property close to the forest, away from Dandeli town. It is a peaceful, spacious place with a good feel and all the basic facilities. The tents are big enough to have space for your luggage also. The stay is beautifully lit up in the night. There are a separate dining area and campfire, music zone. It’s a good place to click selfies during day time. Don’t forget to wake up early on Sunday morning to witness serene sunrise with birds chirping around.
There are plenty of neat and clean washrooms for both men and women.
We have beach camping as well as beach shacks at a well maintained private property on Nirvana beach. Our stay is far away from the usual crowded beaches of Gokarna. You will be given luggage rooms on a gender basis. There are a separate dining area and lot of places to chill out. The Nirvana beach which is right ahead of our stay is pretty clean and huge. It is usually safe to play in the water. There is a private area for our tents and the campfire on the beach. Our travelers love the ambiance and the vibe of the place
There are 5 washrooms each for men and women which are well maintained. Since the stay is blended with nature, expect a lot of sand everywhere.