Coorg New Year Weekend Special Trip (3 Days / 3 Nights)from
Coorg Trip with Mandalpatti Jeep Trails, Golden Temple, Elephant Camp, Iruppu Waterfalls
The high mountains of Coorg offer spectacular views with dense forest, evergreen coffee estates, captivating viewpoints, and deep valleys underneath your eyes. Coorg is a feast for the eyes.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
How about spending New Year weekend amidst beautiful mountains of Bangalore’s favorite hill station, Coorg 😍
Muddie Trails presents a mouth-watering experience on the Western Ghats. Coorg is a hill station located in Karnataka famous for its coffee and tea plantations. It’s called ‘The Scotland of India‘ thanks to its majestic beauty and cool climate. The valleys of Coorg are filled with tropical forests with a good amount of wildlife.
On this New Year Long Weekend trip to Coorg, we will chill ourselves in the intermittent rains, enjoy cold winds, warm ourselves close by the bonfire, and taste amazing Coorgie style food. And of course, sip that Coorg coffee umpteen number of times.
First day, we will explore the most happening town of Coorg Madikeri – with beautiful viewpoints, Abbey waterfalls and a beautiful sunset point build by Maharajas of Coorg – Raja’s Seat. The best attraction is Mandalpatti, which is famous for bumpy Jeep trails to witness stunning scenes of high Western Ghats. Coorg is also famous for its spice plantations along with Coffee and Tea estates. After a bit of coffee shopping, we will head to homestay for an eventful night.
Next day, we will visit Kushalnagar town of Coorg that is home to Dubare Elephant camp across the river Cauvery, go on Raft boating, take a dip in the river, visit offbeat Chiklihole Reservoir and Namdroling Tibetan Monastery, also called Golden Temple.
The last day of the trip, we will head to Brahmagiri hills and visit Iruppu Waterfalls amidst thick forest before heading back towards Bengaluru.
Coorg is beautiful and peaceful. It’s a destination that cannot be missed. Are you up for it?
Highlights of the Coorg Trip:
- Experience The Scotland of India – Coorg
- Mandalpatti Jeep Trails
- Abbey Waterfalls
- Raja’s Seat
- Dubare Elephant Camp
- Cauvery river (Raft boating)
- Chiklihole Reservoir
- Pleasant climate
- Coffee estate Homestay
- Bonfire with music
- Delicious food, group activities
- Dec 29th Night journey to Coorg - Madikeri
- Start from Bengaluru in the night, a journey of 6 hours to Coorg homestay
- Dec 30th Golden Temple, Elephant Camp, Chiklihole Reservoir
- Wake up call around 5 AM, start freshening up.
- Sip estate brewed Coffee in the misty morning weather of Coorg, have early Breakfast.
- 7:30 AM start to Kushal Nagar Dubare Elephant camp and cross Cauvery river on a boat to meet and green Tuskers (Elephants) rejuvenating at a camp close to their habitat.
- Note: Thousands of tourists flock Coorg Dubare Elephant camp on a long weekend. So it’s important for us to reach ahead of the crowd.
- At Elephant camp, one can serve them fruits, take selfies with tuskers and even bath them with river water, if allowed at that time.
- Interested folks can go for raft-boating at Dubare camp on Kaveri river and even take a dip in the fresh flowing water.
- Finish Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Take a pit stop at a beautiful hidden lake named Chiklihole reservoir and revel at the serenity of water, go around for a nature walk and explore the scenic beauty of the place.
- Visit colorful Tibetan Golden Temple which is called as Namdroling Monastery.
- Return to the homestay, refresh.
- Have hot Dinner (Veg and Non veg).
- Bonfire with music and group activities.
- Try to wrap up around 11 PM and get a good sleep on the comfortable beds of the Coffee estate stay.
- Dec 31st Madikeri - Abbey Falls, Mandalpatti Jeep ride, Raja's Seat
- Reach Coorg homestay in the heart of a coffee estate, freshen up.
- Go on a bumpy Jeep ride to one of the most prettiest place in Coorg – Mandalpatti. It takes about an hour journey by 4×4 Jeep.
- Spend about an hour enjoying the captivating views at the top, return journey by jeep.
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit mesmerizing Abbey waterfalls that gushes down from a height of 70 feet to form a pool below that later joins the Cauvery river. Travelers would need to cross a picturesque hanging bridge to reach waterfalls.
- After spending good amount of time at falls, head back to the town and explore historical Madikeri Fort.
- Visit the most famous sunset point of Coorg – the Raja’s seat, a tourist attraction that offers panoramic views of the valley. During monsoons, the valley is usually filled with mist and clouds.
- Madikeri town which is famous for spices, coffee, tea and honey. Take half an hour to shop at Madikeri market.
- Start back to the homestay by evening, refresh, another night of socializing with bonfire, activities on New Year eve.
- Have delicious Dinner (Veg & Nonveg).
- Welcome New Year amidst the winter chill of beautiful western ghats. Continue celebrations late into the night.
- Rest in your assigned rooms.
- Jan 1st Iruppu Waterfalls, Mysore, Return journey!
- Wake up on the first morning of 2023 in a peaceful setting to the sound of birds chirping and thick winter fog spread across coffee estates.
- Have Breakfast.
- Pack your bags, check out of the stay and head towards Brahmagiri hills of South Coorg.
- Visit Iruppu Waterfalls and take a soul-soothing dip in fresh and chilling mountain water.
- Finish Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Drive through Nagarhole wildlife sanctuary towards Mysore city. If lucky, witness some wildlife like Peacocks, Deer, Wild Boars, etc.
- Have a pitstop in Mysore town for a tea and snacks. Time permits, we can even visit a point close to Mysore town.
- Continue journey towards Bengaluru and reach home around 9-10 PM (Expect lots of traffic this evening as we move towards Bangalore).
- Share those umpteen pictures taken at Coorg and flaunt it on Instagram.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Homestay – Rooms on sharing basis.
- The private property is amidst lush green Coffee estates away from Madikeri town.
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners (Veg/Nonveg) are included.
- Lunches are self sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Long Weekend Coorg Trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry for Coorg Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trip, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/fall
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 10:00 PM
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
Marathahalli: 10:20 PM
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 10:40 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
Goraguntepalya: 11:30 to 11:50 PM (based on traffic)
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
New Year Weekend Disclaimer ⚠️:
- Because of New Year Weekend, places in Coorg can be really crowded.
- It can cause inconvenience at certain places of our itinerary. Sometimes there is an outside chance to miss a place or two.
- Book this trip only of you are okay with this fact.
- We request to strictly follow timings set by organizers and start early on both mornings (Dec 30, Dec 31). This will help us in getting ahead of the crowd.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- These trips involve traveling with strangers and night stays (If any). Please be mindful that:
- You will need to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) contact details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Push back Tempo or Minibus)
- 2 Nights Stay (Coffee Estate homestay)
- Food: 3 Breakfasts (Veg), 2 Dinners (Veg & Nonveg)
- Jeep ride to Mandalpatti
- All entry tickets
- Visit all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Bonfire with social gathering
- Trip Leader(s)
- A lot of entertainment.
- Charges for boating or any special activity
- Snacks, drinks, mineral water, starters or any other eatables ordered at stay or outside.
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.