Chikmagalur Sakleshpur Special Trip (3D/2N)from
Chikmagalur and Sakleshpur hill stations Long Weekend Trip
Presenting a fun-filled, relaxing long weekend trip with easy trekking, coffee estate homestays, waterfalls, fort, highest mountains of Karnata and much more!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
The coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur located at a distance of 250 Km from Bangalore is famous for its elegant hills and enchanting views, along with its aromatic coffee. Apart from being scenic, Chikmagalur is also a paradise for the trekking lovers who love to explore high mountains surrounded by rainforests.
Sakleshpur which is almost a well-kept secret of Karnataka is actually the nearest hill station from Bangalore. In this trip, we will explore deeper parts of this hill station tucked away in its coffee estates and spice gardens.
As part of this trip we will visit highest mountains like Mullayannagiri, take a dip in waterfalls like Habbi and Buttermilk falls, trek Pandavas mountain, take pitstops at Hemavathi and Yagachi backwaters that is famous for water sports, stay amidst Coffee Estates, go on Jeep rides and explore beautiful lakes like Hirekolale and click selfies at umpteen view points.
Highlights of the Chikmagalur – Sakleshpur Trip:
- Highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri
- Hirekolale Lake
- Buttermilk waterfalls dip
- Princess statue of Chikmagalur
- Yagachi Backwaters
- Hike beautiful 3 tired Pandavas mountain
- Dip Under Habbi waterfalls
- Star-shaped Manjarabad Fort visit,
- Off-road Jeep ride to Devils Hill
- Beautiful Hemavathi Backwaters with floating Church
- Coffee Estate Stay Experience
- Campfire with a social gathering in the night
- Day 0 Night journey to Chikmagalur
- Start from Bengaluru in the night, a journey of 6 hours to Chikmagalur homestay.
- Day 1 Chikmagalur circuit - Highest Peak, Waterfalls, Lake
- Check into the the Coffee estate homestay, freshen up & have Breakfast.
- Head to the base of highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayanagiri, switch to one of the local vehicles waiting to ferry people from parking to the top of the hill. One can encounter many hairpin bends on this narrow and curvy road.
- There are 100 odd stairs to climb to reach the summit. After soaking in the sun and witnessing amazing views take the jeep ride back to the base.
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant (note that food options here are very limited and basic).
- Head to Buttermilk waterfalls (also called Jhari waterfalls), take a rejuvenating dip under chilling water. In order to reach falls from parking area, one can hike down or take local vehicle like jeep or bike at Jhari falls, if available at that time.
- Return towards Chikmagalur town, visit Chikka Magalu (King’s ”younger daughter”) statue from which the name of the town derives. One can taste and shop for Chikmagalur coffee over here.
- Give a visit to beautiful Hirekolale Lake which is located at a breathtaking location in the middle of lush green coffee estates.
- Get back to the homestay and refresh.
- Campfire with delicious dinner and social gathering at night with long conversations.
- We can play our music, sing, dance and what not!
- Rest in your assigned rooms.
- Day 2 Yagachi Backwaters & Sakleshpur Pandavas Hill, Waterfalls
- Freshen up, have Breakfast, pack your bags, and check out of the estate homestay.
- Take a pit stop at Yagachi backwaters that offers many exciting water sports. Indulge in activities such as Banana ride, Bumper ride, Speed boat etc. with life jackets and take a dip in the fresh waters of Yagachi. The water sports are available most part of the year. Sometimes during heavy rains they are stopped by local authorities.
- A short journey of hour and half to the sister hill station Sakleshpur with a Lunch break.
- Head to the base of Pandavara Gudda mountain, get set for the trek. Enjoy the panoramic views of misty valleys and deeper mountains of Sakleshpur. There are plenty of boulders at the top to sit and relax.
- Walk through the Coffee estates to reach Habbi waterfalls, play in the water, walk back to the homestay & change.
- Get back to the homestay, have a hot tea/coffee in the cold evening weather, play some group games.
- Campfire (we even have a covered area to avoid the rain) with delicious dinner.
- Music and social gathering in the night. Rest in your assigned tents or in the rooms.
- Day 3 Offroad Jeep ride, Star shaped Fort, Backwaters
- Wake up call early morning 5 AM, off-road Jeep ride to the base of Devil’s hill, hike up the hill to witness amazing sunrise with a valley filled with mist and moving clouds.
- Pack your bags, say Bye to our estate, take a final round of pictures at the stay.
- Head to the beautiful star-shaped Manjarabad fort, climb up to the edges, explore the place, take a lot of pictures here.
- Take a pitstop at the vast stretches of Hemavathi backwaters and along with that, the floating Church – which appears like a sinking ship when the water levels are high in the reservoir.
- Break for a quick Lunch at a restaurant.
- Continue journey towards to Bengaluru and reach by night around 9 PM.
- Share your experience of a laid back long weekend trip to Chikmagalur and Sakleshpur with your friends and colleagues.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Homestay – Rooms on sharing basis.
- Stays are amidst lush green Coffee estates of Chikmagalur and Sakleshpur.
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Dinner (Veg/Nonveg) are included.
- Lunches are self sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Long Weekend Chikmagalur Sakleshpur Trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry for Chikmagalur Sakleshpur Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trip, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 10:00 PM
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
Marathahalli: 10:20 PM
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 10:40 PM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
Goraguntepalya: 11:30 to 11:50 PM (based on traffic)
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Push back Tempo or Minibus)
- 2 Nights Stay (Coffee Estate homestays)
- Food: 3 Breakfasts (Veg), 2 Dinners (Veg & Nonveg)
- Special vehicle for Mullayanagiri Chikmagalur
- Jeep ride to Devil’s Hill Sakleshpur
- All entry tickets
- Visit all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Bonfire with social gathering
- Trip Leader(s)
- A lot of entertainment.
- Charges for boating, Jhari Jeep/Bike ride or any special activity
- Snacks, drinks, mineral water, starters or any other eatables ordered at stay or outside.
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.