Chikmagalur Coffee Estate Camping – Long Weekend Specialfrom
Chikmagalur Trip from Bangalore for long weekend!
– A long weekend trip to the coffee land of Chikmagalur with trekking, offbeat Jeep trails, and Coffee estate camping experience amidst the highest mountains of Karnataka.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a fun-filled weekend to Chikmagalur with easy trekking to Bandekallu Gudda, Jeep ride to the highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri, another Jeep ride with a chilling dip in the Buttermilk waterfalls, a Coffee Estate homestay cum campsite, good food and a lot of socializing.
The coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur located at a distance of 250 Km from Bangalore is famous for its elegant hills and enchanting views, along with its aromatic coffee. Apart from being scenic, Chikmagalur is also a paradise for the trekking lovers who love to explore high mountains surrounded by rainforests. Bababudangiri mountain range offers spectacular landscapes of the Western Ghats with deep sudden dips. While monsoons fill the landscapes with misty clouds, drier months present cool breezes and peaceful sunsets.
On Day 1, we will start early from Bangalore, have breakfast en route and take a pit stop at Yagachi backwaters before reaching our Coffee estate stay. Post Lunch we will explore offbeat side of Chikmagalur with a trek to Bandekallu Gudda that takes 3-4 hours on a rugged but beautiful trail through coffee estates. High altitude of this mountain attracts heavy winds with enchanting views. After spending ample amount of time relaxing at the top, we will head back to homestay an eventful evening amidst very pretty looking coffee estate.
On Day 2 we shall go on a jeep ride to Mullayannagiri peak standing at 1930 meters above sea level. There is a temple at the top from where we get a panoramic view of surrounding valleys. We will then head to Buttermilk waterfalls on a bumpy Jeep ride. As the name suggests, water dripping from the boulders is almost as white as buttermilk. We shall take shower, take numerous pics. We will then move to Bababudangiri hills where the scenery is as beautiful as it can get.
Day 3 is another famous attraction of Chikmagalur called Kemmanagundi with it’s Z point trek, and Hebbe waterfalls. On our way back to Bangalore, we shall give a visit to the Princess statue of Chikmagalur town where we can indulge in a bit of coffee tasting and shopping.
Altogether, Chikmagalur trekking & coffee estate camping experience is a fulfilling experience for those who crave long, relaxing weekend.
Highlights of the Chikmagalur Trip:
- Coffee Estate Camping Experience
- Offbeat Bandekallu Gudda Trek
- Highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri
- Buttermilk waterfalls dip
- Bababudangiri Hills
- Yagachi Backwaters
- Kemmanagundi Z Point Trek
- Hebbe Waterfalls
- Princess statue of Chikmagalur
- Jeep ride
- Campfire with a social gathering in the night
- Day 1 Onward journey, Yagachi, Bandekallu
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning.
- Have Breakfast en route.
- Reach our first place on our long weekend – Yagachi backwaters that offers many exciting water sports. Indulge in activities such as Banana ride, Bumper ride, Speed boat etc. with life jackets and take a dip in the fresh waters of Yagachi.
- Move to Chikmagalur, have Lunch at a local joint, check into the Coffee estate campsite, explore estate and relax for sometime.
- Head to the base of Bandekallu gudda mountain and start trekking up. It takes about 2 hours of leisurely trek to reach the summit. It’s a breathtaking experience in the middle of lush green coffee estates.
- Get back to the homestay and refresh.
- Campfire with delicious dinner and social gathering at night with long conversations.
- We can play our music, sing, dance and what not!
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Mullayannagiri, Buttermilk waterfalls, Bababudangiri
- Start the day early, freshen up and have early Breakfast.
- Pack your bags, check out of the estate.
- Head to the base of highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri, switch to one of the shared local vehicles (self sponsored) waiting to escort people from parking to the top of the hill. One can encounter many hairpin bends on this narrow and curvy road.
- There are 100 odd stairs to climb to reach the summit. After soaking in the sun and witnessing amazing views take the jeep ride back to the base.
- Head to Buttermilk waterfalls take a rejuvenating dip under chilling water. Sometimes, jeeps are available to carry visitors that charge around 100-150 per person. Otherwise, we have to trek 3Km one way to reach waterfalls.
- Finish Lunch at a local restaurant (only basic food available here as it is a remote location).
- Move ahead to stunning views of Bababudangiri range, witness a deep valley usually filled with mist and clouds (especially during monsoons).
- After enjoying a peaceful sunset (if lucky), head back to the Camp and gather around campfire.
- Dinner and group activities into the night.
- Take good rest.
- Day 3 Kemmanagundi, Z point, Hebbe Falls
- Have Breakfast, pack your bags and check out of the Coffee Estate Campsite.
- Head towards Chikmagalur town, visit Chikka Magalu (King’s ”younger daughter”) statue from which the name of the town derives. One can taste and shop for Chikmagalur coffee over here.
- A thrilling jeep ride to Hebbe waterfalls (self sponsored, usually 400-500 INR per person), play in the cold mountain water.
- Finish Lunch near by falls.
- Go on a trek to Z point of Kemmanagundi. It takes about 2 hours of leisurely trek to reach the summit. It’s a breathtaking experience to hike up with deep valley on one side and the mighty mountain on the other side.
- The peak of this mountain appears to be in the shape of Z. As opposed to a day before at Mullayanagiri, one would see very less crowd at Kemmanagundi Z point today as this is more offbeat.
- Head back to BLR and reach by night before your Dinner time.
- Share your experience of a long weekend trip to Chikmagalur with your friends and colleagues.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- This trip doesn’t involve a night journey.
- Tents on 3/4 sharing basis.
- Each tent has comfortable beds, pillows and blankets
- The property is amidst lush green Coffee estate away from main Chikmagalur town.
- There are different fun activities/games available at the stay.
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners (Veg/Nonveg) are included.
- Food during journey is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Chikmagalur Trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Bandekallu Gudda 4 Km (up & down).
- Kemmanagundi Trek 5 Km (up & down)
- Time taken: Usually 3 to 4 hours for each trek.
- Difficulty level: Easy to Moderate.
- Terrain type: Rocky, Mountain climbing, Grassland.
- Can beginners attempt this trek? Yes.
Things to Carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guest house
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 5:30 AM
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
Marathahalli: 5:50 AM
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 6:10 AM
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
Goraguntepalya: 6:50 to 7:15 AM (based on traffic)
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Chikmagalur, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. There will be plenty of water at Buttermilk waterfalls. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Plenty of water in the falls to take a shower. Amazing sunsets at Bababudangiri.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. Still good for trekking with cheerful days and cold breeze. Landscapes are more brownish, a good time to escape the city and its summer heat. Buttermilk waterfall usually has a good amount of water in summer also. Sunsets are pleasant.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini Bus, Non AC)
- 2 Nights stay at a beautiful Coffee Estate Campsite
- Food: 2 Dinners (Veg & Nonveg), 2 Breakfasts
- Visit to all places in Highlights section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Lead
- Food during journey
- Water sports, Jeep Rides or any special activity
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.