Bike Trip: Gandikota & Belum Cavesfrom
Gandikota Bike Trip with Belum Caves | Bangalore
The Grand Canyon of India as it is called, Gandikota offers spectacular gorges cut through Erramala Hills by the Penna river.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails, in collaboration with Monks On Wheels presenting a Bike Ride to the alluring combination of beautiful Gandikota canyons with magnificent Belum caves.
Belum Caves are the second-longest caves in the Indian subcontinent open to the public. These caves are more than a thousand years old and were formed by a constant flow of underground water over a period of time.
Gandikota, located at a distance of 280 Km from Bangalore, is known for its spectacular gorge formed by river Penna that cuts through the Erramala hills. This handsome piece of nature’s architecture is called the Grand Canyon of India by travelers who are fascinated by its unmatched beauty. A visit to this remote village in Andhra Pradesh is all the more enticing for its rustic fort exploration and a bit of trekking to the river to indulge in swimming.
On the first day, we will ride to Belum caves, the unique stone formations inside the caves form narrow routes one has to crouch and squeeze to get through. The second destination is, Grand Canyon of India – Gandikota. We should reach comfortably by early evening. A profile picture overlooking the stunning gorge is every traveler’s dream. The sunset is magnificent at the canyons. Bonfire close to the canyon is another beautiful experience. Get prepared to taste spicy and tasty Rayalaseema food.
The next day, we shall go on a small hike down to the Penna river, indulge in swimming with life jackets. We will drive towards Mylavaram dam, and optionally stop by at Lepakshi before reaching home.
Come, join us on this fun-filled Bike trip to Gandikota and Belum caves.
Highlights of the Gandikota Bike Trip:
- The Grand Canyon view
- Gandikota fort & ruins
- Swimming with life jackets
- Mylavaram Dam
- Belum Caves
- Lepakshi (optional)
- Amazing sunset from the gorge
- Campfire with music & social gathering
- Spicy Andhra food
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
A complete travel story!
- Day 1 Ride to Belum caves, Gandikota, Grand Canyon Sunset, Camping
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning around 5 AM.
- An exit towards northern part of Bengaluru – Hebbal would be our starting point.
- Enter AP state after crossing Karnataka border check post.
- Breakfast stop around 8 AM.
- Ride to Belum caves, visit the amazing caves and get to experience a small world underground.
- Take a group picture with the giant Buddha statue overlooking the caves.
- Have lunch at a local restaurant in the Belum village.
- Resume ride to reach Gandikota by early evening.
- Visit The Grand Canyon which is on rocky terrain, do a lot of self-styled bouldering by waking up the monkey inside us. Mind your foot though for it can be dangerous.
- Shout out loud into the valley to listen to your echo from different directions!
- Late evening, enjoy a peaceful sunset at the gorges.
- Head back to campsite, refresh and relax.
- Revel in the warmth of the campfire, indulge in group activities.
- Hot and spicy dinner and social gathering with music till late at night
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Mylavaram Dam, Return home!
- Interested folks may get up early to enjoy a serene Sunrise at the gorge.
- Explore different places like fort, prison, old temple, ruins, etc. (Optional)
- Head out to the Penna river on a mini-trek to the bottom of the Gandikota gorge, play in the river (or seasonal waterfall near river), indulge in swimming with life jackets.
- 9 AM Breakfast time.
- Check out of the camp, drive to Mylavaram reservoir, marvel at the huge water body and scenic landscape.
- Start riding back towards Bangalore. Have Lunch en route.
- If the group is interested to extend ride little more, we can stop by at Lepakshi and reach Bangalore back by night.
- Tata, bye bye!
- Share your gorgeous Gandikota and Belum caves Bike trip memories with your friends and family.
- Own Bike
- Minimum 150cc bike is needed to participate in this event.
- Note: If you don’t have Bike and wish to join as Pillion Rider, contact organizers!
- Camping close to Canyons.
- Tents on 3 and 2 sharing basis.
- AP Tourism Board washrooms to freshen up
- 1 Dinner (Veg & Non veg), 1 Breakfast at the Gandikota Camp are included.
- Food cooked is as per local Rayalaseema cuisine. It is hot and spicy.
- Meals during ride are self-sponsored.
Things to carry:
- Driving License, vehicle documents
- A small handbag with your essentials like water bottle
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- A waterproof jacket (depending on weather forecast)
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- A small backpack to put above things.
- Full sleeve cotton t-shirt, track pant is advised as it’s a hot place (Oct to Feb)
- Fully charged power bank, charger.
- Proper water bottle for your trip.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes).
- Your personal medications, if any.
- Waterwear if you wish to take a dip in the river.
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip.
- Carry a bit of cash for meals during ride.
- Avoid carrying expensive items.
- Hebbal Bus Stop towards Bangalore Airport.
- Opposite side of Esteem Mall.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created a day before the trip to coordinate the ride.
- Bike Trip Lead(s) from Muddie Trails or Monks On Wheels
- Ride coordination and safe travel measures
- Camping (2/3 sharing)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Dinner (Veg & Non veg) at Camp
- Swimming with life jackets
- Belum caves entry
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- Music and social gathering under the open sky
- First Aid Kit
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Transportation, Gears, Fuel expenses
- Meals during ride.
- Any special activities during the trip.
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.