Bananthimari day trek from Bengaluru
– A refreshing day trek to a fascinating hill named Bananthimari towards Kanakpura, south of Bangalore.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Bananthimari is an offbeat trekking place located at a distance of 60 Km from Bangalore city. It is named after a temple located at the base of the hill. It is an easy trail filled with green bushes & shrubs during the first half of trek and, barren rocks & boulders towards the top.
The trek trail is a bit deceitful and often people loose their way during the trek. But with Trek Leader from Muddie Trails you can enjoy Bananthimari trek on a seamless path to the peak. The peak is barren mountain and some part of the trail will remind us of treks in western ghats.
Like different treks around Bangalore, Bananthimari does fall under wildlife zone. The forests around Bananthimari are home to Deer, Bear and Elephants. We will take all the care to respect nature and be responsible trekkers. Bananthimari is also home to innumerable bird species. It is a treat to the eyes trekking amidst chirping birds in the morning freshness. It’s a good place for photography.
Don’t wait, join us!
Highlights of the Bananthimari Trek:
- Combination of thick forest and barren hills
- Arkavathi river view from the top
- Easy trek, anyone can do.
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐2000+ reviews)
- Day 1 Bananthimari Trek
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning from different pickup points in the city.
- A journey of just 1.5 hours with a Breakfast stop at Kanakpura town will take us to the base of Bananthimari.
- Hike up through muddy trails interspersed with bushes/shrubs, explore all directions of a plateau at the top of Bananthimari peak.
- Enjoy the views of Arkavathi river flowing through the planes of Kanakpura, bask in the sunlight.
- Relax for some time, hike down listening to the sounds of numerous bird species.
- Start back to Bangalore, stop over for Lunch (self sponsored) at a restaurant.
- Drop off by evening.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Hebbal: 5 AM
- Hebbal Bus Stop on ORR (towards Tin Fact.)
Tin Factory: 5:20 AM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Marathahalli: 5:35 AM
- In front of HP world, opposite Mahindra Showroom
Silk Board: 06:00 AM
- Silk Board bus stop
Banashankari: 06:20 AM
- Banashankari Metro Station
Note: Pick up can be done anywhere on ORR in the above route like Nagavara, Banaswadi, Bellandur, Sarjapur Signal, HSR etc.
Things to carry for Bananthimari trek:
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry water bottle, snacks, etc.)
- Poncho or raincoat (based on weather)
- Comfortable track pants, full sleeve t-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat, Sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Snacks to munch
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Bananthimari trek. Be a little careful to avoid slippery rocks. This can be the best season with distant clouds and raincoats on.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate for Bananthimari trek. Good time to trek for beautiful views.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually do Bananthimari trek during the sunrise time.
What’s next after booking trek:
- Vehicle & Trek Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group 12 hours before trek.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Travel (Non AC, Push back vehicle)
- Trek Lead(s)
- Lunch & any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms & Conditions:
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.