Sikkim Honeymoon Trip👩🏻❤️👨🏻from
A honeymoon trip to Sikkim
One of the smallest states in India – Sikkim – can also be the most romantic destination for a couple 💕
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Hello lovely couple!
Sikkim is gifted with stunning natural wonders like high mountain passes, numerous glaciers, alpine lakes, chilling cold rivers, hot water springs and rich culture.
As part of this honeymoon trip, you will travel to prettiest places in East & North Sikkim.
East Sikkim has places like Gangtok, Changu Lake which is known for seasonal change in the color of its water, Baba Mandir which has an interesting “Ghost” story behind it, and the Nathu La Pass which is a Indo-China border post.
North Sikkim offers picturesque Lachen valley, most beautiful Gurudongmar Lake that remains frozen throughout the winters, Lachung, a scenic mountain village, gushing waterfalls, apple & apricot orchards, and the most romantic Yumthang valley, known as Valley of Flowers.
The unmatched beauty of Sikkim will give an opportunity for you to spend blissful time with each other and stimulate love.
Highlights of the Sikkim Honeymoon Trip:
- Gurudongmar Glacier Lake
- Yumthang – Valley of Flowers
- Lachen – mini Switzerland
- Lachung Valley
- Butterfly Falls, Bhim Nala Falls
- Nathu La Pass, Baba Mandir
- Changu Lake
- Gangtok MG Road romantic stroll
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 1 Bagdogra to Gangtok
- A private cab with expert Driver will be waiting for you at Bagdogra Airport around 12 PM in the afternoon.
- Start your journey towards the capital city of Sikkim – Gangtok along the curvy road that runs parallel to the free flowing Teesta river originating from the glaciers of Sikkim.
- It’s a drive of 200 Km that usually takes 5 hours along with a Lunch stop.
- Check into our Gangtok guest house with a beautiful view by late evening and take a hot water shower.
- Take a romantic walk on the famous MG marg hand in hand. You can try tasty momos, chop or chow for Dinner and do some shopping.
- There are many medical shops close by, if you need anything.
- Spend quality time with each other on the first night of your honeymoon trip 😉
- Day 2 Day trip to Changu Lake & Baba Mandir,
- Start the day early with Breakfast
- Go on a day trip towards picturesque oval-shaped Changu Lake (also called Tsomgo Lake). Here you can pose for cameras sitting on Himalayan Yaks, and even go for a ride.
- Continue journey to Baba Mandir at an elevation of 13,000 feet to know about an interesting ”Ghost” story.
- If you wish, you can then head to Nathula Pass on the Indo-China border at an elevation of 14,100 feet, which needs a special permit.
- Head back to the guest house by late evening.
- Visit a restaurant near MG marg for a romantic Dinner.
- Good night!
- Day 3 A very pretty Lachung Valley
- Check out of hotel after Breakfast, start your journey towards high altitude North Sikkim that is famous for snow capped mountains, pristine lakes, beautiful water falls and natural hot springs.
- Take a pit stop at Butterfly waterfalls and Bhim Nala falls, click lots of couplefies (selfies)
- Stop for Lunch at beautiful Chungthang village at the confluence of Lachen and Lachung rivers.
- Reach one of the most picturesque villages of Sikkim, Lachun that is located close to worlds third highest peak – the mighty Kanchenjunga!
- You can visit Lachen monastery in the evening on the backdrop of snow capped Himalayas!
- Dinner and rest at Lachen guest house.
- Day 4 Gurudongmar Lake & Lachung
- Start the day very early at 3 AM to take a beautiful journey to Gurundongmar, one of the highest lakes in India as well in the world at an elevation of 17,800 feet. Driver will stop your cab for Breakfast en route.
- Hold each other tight, as the journey itself is not a cake walk. Because of high altitude and rugged path, one can experience slight discomfort while traveling. But then, you are made for each other and there for each other😉
- At the other end of the journey is stunning beauty of Gurudongmar lake that will make you feel intimate and together!
- After spending good amount of time at the pristine lake and taking numerous pictures, you can have a light Lunch and start return journey towards Lachen, and then to next destination – Lachung.
- Rest for the night at cozy Lachung guest house, both tucked under a thick blanket 💘
- Day 5 Yumthang Valley, back to Gangtok
- Start the day early with Breakfast at our guesthouse.
- Head towards Yumthang valley, situated at an elevation of 11800 feet, a 1.5 hour drive from Lachung.
- Yumthang which is known as ‘Valley of Flowers” is located in the valley by the Lachung river. It is a picture perfect setting surrounded by snow-clad mountains on all sides.
- Give a visit to natural Yumthang hot springs which are known for their medicinal properties. Don’t forget to take pictures at a beautiful walking bridge across the river Lachung filled with colorful prayer flags. Hot springs are located at the other side of the bridge.
- Take a stroll at the Yumthang market and try local food for Lunch.
- Further up from Yumthang, at an altitude of 14500 feet is Zero Point. If you wish, you can visit Zero point which requires on-the-spot special permit.
- Start return journey towards Gangtok by late afternoon.
- Check into Gangtok guest house, refresh and have Dinner
- Get cozy one last time during your Sikkim honeymoon trip 😘
- Day 6 Airport Drop
- Check out after Breakfast.
- Bid adieu to the Himalayas and head back towards planes of West Bengal where you started your journey 6 days back.
- It’s a 5 hour journey with a Lunch stop.
- Trip starting/ending point: Siliguri (West Bengal)
- Pick up and drop at Bagdogra Airport, NJP Railway station
- Private Hatchback or Sedan (6 days journey)
- Start time: First day, 12 PM (afternoon)
- End time: Sixth day, 7 PM
- Note: There is no night journey on your honeymoon trip. All travel is during day time.
- Couple rooms at Deluxe Hotels & Guest houses.
- Gangtok 3 nights, Lachen 1 night, Lachung 1 night.
- Breakfasts included all days.
- Dinners included in Lachen & Lachung.
- Lunches are self-sponsored, and so is Dinners at Gangtok.
- Max altitude: Gurudongmar at 17,800 feet above Sea level
Very cold at Lachen, Lachung
Cold at Gangtok
Things to pack for Sikkim Honeymoon Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.
- A small bag to carry basic items (to carry water bottle, wallet, etc. for outdoors).
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID).
- 4 Passport size color photographs (important for permit).
- Thermal inners and warm clothes (cold climate).
- A rainproof jacket with a hood (to protect from cold winds, sudden rain).
- Thick socks, track pants, full sleeve t-shirts (to keep your body warm).
- Cap/Hat/Sunglasses (to protect from harmful sun rays).
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more).
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to).
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand wash for outdoors.
- Water-resistant shoes for travel, extra slippers to use at stays.
- Personal medications, basic first aid kit.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Organizers will get in touch with you, or vice versa. After the confirmation, you may book your flights up and down.
- Expect seasonal variations in Sikkim depending on the month you are travelling
- Couples are expected to come with open heart by appreciating complexities of mother nature based on seasonal variations, monthly or even daily weather conditions.
- Mid Mar to June: Summers are pleasant in Sikkim which pull tourists in good numbers.
- Jul to mid Sept (monsoons): The rains hit the eastern Himalayas starting from mid June. Better to avoid traveling to Sikkim in rains.
- Mid Sept to Nov (Post monsoon): Another good season to travel before extreme winter sets in. One can expect high tourist footfall in these months.
- Dec to mid Mar: Temperatures will drop below 0 degrees towards the end of the year with the onset of snow fall covering the entire valley. Some places may be closed based on the amount of snowfall.
- Travel (Bagdogra to Bagdogra)
- Stay for 5 nights
- 5 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners (At Lachen & Lachung)
- Special permit charges at multiple locations
- Airport pickup and drop
- An unforgettable honeymoon experience.
- All Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Any additional snacks, drinks ordered at the stays
- Any kind of activities other than mentioned above
- Any kind of insurance, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusions above
- Any extra cost arising due to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation, bad weather, traffic-congestion/roadblocks, political disturbances and/or any factors beyond our control.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip start date.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent between 30 to 15 days before the trip start date.
- An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund within 15 days of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- No refund on the partial payment (advance) done to block your seat for the trip.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.