Ooty Bike Tripfrom
Ooty Bike Ride from Bangalore (Own Bikes)
A ride that takes you to the gorgeous Nilgiris Biosphere which is filled with splendid tea estates, pristine lakes, majestic mountains, dense sholas, and deep valleys.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
The wait is finally over for Bike & Car lovers who want to self-drive. Muddie Trails is collaborating with Monks On Wheels for a Road Trip to Queen of Hill Stations – Ooty!
How about a ride through absolutely amazing views of majestic Nilgiris mountains that are older than the Himalayas?
Take Bollywood style selfies amidst beautiful Tea estates?
Get thrilled by Shola forests so dense that it feels like even flies can’t pass through?
How about sipping a hot Oo”Tea” in the mountains?
The best thing about Ooty, called as Queen of hill stations, is its cold climate throughout the year that attracts lots of tourists during summers.
At a distance of roughly 270 Km, Ooty presents a great long drive from Bengaluru over a weekend.
So if you have a self drive Bike or Car, wait know more, because we will take care of everything.
Highlights of the Ooty Bike Ride:
- Ride to highest point of Ooty – Doddabetta
- Drive through Endless Tea Estates and Shola forests
- Visit to Toda tribe’s Temple
- Karnataka Horticulture Garden
- Pine forest and Eucalyptus plantations
- Stay at KSTDC Hotel Mayura Sudharshan Ooty
- Delicious food (6 meals)
- Well Coordinated & Organized ride with safety measures.
- Day 1 - Saturday Schedule
- Start the ride around 6 AM from Bengaluru.
- Have breakfast en route at Maddur.
- Go on a picturesque road trip into Nilgiris, witness most beautiful Tea estates covering huge swathes of mountains.
- Check into KSTDC’s Hotel Mayura Sudarshan by late afternoon.
- Have delicious Lunch at the hotel.
- Give a visit to Karnataka Siri Horticulture Garden which is a stone throw away from the hotel.
- Ride to the Ooty’s highest point Doddabetta and enjoy panoramic views of Ooty town and Nilgiris mountain range.
- Head back to the hotel, refresh, have Tea and Snacks.
- Social gathering with long conversations, sharing travel stories.
- Indulge in group activities at the common area.
- Hot dinner served on a really cold night.
- Rest in the twin sharing rooms, tucked up with thick blankets.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Good morning with a hot cup of Tea/Coffee.
- A picturesque morning ride through the streets of Ooty to the Toda Tribe’s Temple.
- Have Breakfast at the hotel.
- Pack your bags, check out around 11 AM.
- Visit Ooty Pine Forest and take those selfies and groupfies.
- Start the return journey with a drive overlooking Eucalyptus plantations (time permits)
- Break for Lunch at a local restaurant
- Move towards Karnataka by driving through Bandipur and Madhumalai wildlife sanctuaries whilst spotting Deer, Peacock, different species of birds, mammals, and if lucky, the Elephants.
- Reach back to Bengaluru around 9 PM.
- Own Bikes/Cars
- If you don’t have a Bike, you may rent it at Royal Brothers at a special discount price.
- Safety gear and other accessories may be rented at Gear N Ride at a special discount price.
- Contact Organizers for more information.
- KSTDC hotel in Ooty
- Twin Sharing, Non AC
- 6 Meals included
- Dinner on Sunday is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Ooty Bike Trip below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight handbag for the trip
- Driving License, vehicle documents
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get very cold at night
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Hotel stay (2 sharing)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 time Snacks, 1 Dinner
- Experience all places in the “Highlights” section
- Ride coordination and safe travel measures.
- First Aid Kit
- 2 Bike Trip Leaders
- Transportation, Fuel expenses
- Dinner on Sunday
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.