5 in 1 New Year Special: Gokarna, Agumbe, Murudeshwar, Honnavar, Nirvana!from
New Year Special Trip: Agumbe Rainforest, Gokarna Beach Trek, Murudeshwar, Honnavar Backwaters, & Nirvana Beach Camping!
– Wander through the wilderness of western ghats, get wet in gushing waterfalls, visit colorful beaches, soak under the sun, do some offbeat trekking – all for this New Year 2022!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
How about an offbeat New Year trip that takes you straight on the lap of nature instead of pubs and clubs?
Presenting a beautiful combination of Agumbe – Murudeshwar – Honnavar – Nirvana – Gokarna for peace seekers who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of a usual New Year party!
There is something exciting happening all the time in this 3 days of New Year trip. Beaches, Waterfalls, Rainforest stay, Beach Camping, Water Sports, Trekking and a hell lot of Entertainment!
Wait no more!
Highlights of Kodachadri & Agumbe Trip:
- Agumbe Waterfalls, Silent Lake, Offbeat fort trek
- Murudeshwar Beach with water sports
- Honnavar Backwaters boating
- Gokarna Beach Trek (5 Beaches)
- Offbeat New Year Celebrations in Agumbe
- Nirvana Beach Camping on Jan 1st
- Lot’s of Good food
* Highlights does not mean they are included in trip cost. See “Inclusions & Exclusions” section for full list of things included as part of trip cost.
- Dec 30th - Thursday Night journey!
- Start from Bangalore late in the evening, overnight journey to our rainforest stay.
- Dec 31st - Friday Agumbe Rain forest, New Year Celebrations!
- Reach homestay close to the forest, freshen up.
- Fuel up with a nice Malnad style breakfast.
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort, start hiking up to enjoy the mesmerizing trek route that starts with lush green rice fields that give way to a human-made path made with boulders.
- There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time. This is a 2.5 Km easy trek (one way) with stunning views of the rainforest from the top.
- Take a dip under the pristine waterfalls of western ghats that is Agumbe special. Have lunch overlooking the falls
- Visit a giant lake in the lap of the rainforest, marvel at the beauty of mother nature.
- Wrap up by early evening and get set for the New Year eve.
- Evening snacks with Tea/Coffee
- Freshen up, gather around Campfire, play games
- Good veggie food will be served for Dinner
- We will play our music, sing, and dance as we will welcome New Year 2021 together!
- Jan 1st - Saturday Murudeshwar, Honnavar, Nirvana Camping
- Freshen up, have breakfast and head to the coastal town of Murudeshwar.
- Hit the Beach, indulge in water sports like Parasailing, Banana ride, Bumper ride, Speed Boat, Zorbing etc., if they are open. Usually during New Year time, water activities pull lots of tourists to Murudeshwar beach.
- At the same time, interested folks may visit Murudeshwar temple.
- Finish Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Freshen up at change rooms at the beach.
- Head to Honnavar backwaters and take a boat ride on the beautiful backwaters.
- Witness an amazing sunset at Honnavar late in the evening.
- Reach Nirvana beach camp, have Tea with evening snacks
- Freshen up, get set for Campfire and social gathering on the first day of New Year!
- Dinner buffet will be served (Veg and Non veg)
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Jan 2nd - Sunday Gokarna Beach Trek
- Say bye-bye to Nirvana Beach.
- Go on an amazing Gokarna beach trek covering 5 different beaches that are separated by small hills: Belekan Beach > Paradise Beach > Small Hell Beach > Half Moon Beach Om Beach.
- Break for late Lunch at Om Beach shacks
- After spending couple of hours at Om beach, head to Gokarna town, shop for souvenirs and goodies at the local flea market near Gokarna Beach.
- Start back to Bangalore late evening after witnessing yet another peaceful sunset in the backdrop of the Ocean.
- Stop for Dinner near en route.
- Overnight journey back with all the memories.
- Jan 3rd - Monday Back Home!
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Share your unforgettable experience New Year @ Agumbe, Murudeshwar, Honnavar, Gokarna, Nirvana with your friends and family!
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Dec 31st: Agumbe – Dormitory stay
> Our village homestay is a duplex house with all the basic facilities. It is located in the heart of the rainforest. First floor is usually assigned to women, and the ground floor is given to men.
> Both floors have spacious living rooms to keep your luggage. Mattresses are arranged in the night. The stay can easily accommodate 25-30 people overall.
> Additionally, there are 3 Quechua rain-proof tents of 2-sharing, just in case, anyone prefers to sleep outside.
> There are common and well-maintained washrooms. They have bathing as well as a toilet facility. Hot water is provided in a typical village setting by burning wood in a heat chamber.
- Jan 1st: Gokarna – Nirvana Beach Camping
> We have a private property right next to Nirvana Beach of Gokarna. Nirvana is located away from the crowded beaches of Gokarna. It is separated from Gokarna town by river Aghanashini.
> Tents are usually 3 sharing, but on request (and if available), we can give 2 sharing tents.
> Each tent has pillow, blanket, and mats with bedsheets. Campfire will be lit up close to tents.
> Our stay has a restaurant, luggage/change rooms, and common toilets/shower rooms.
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, Snacks, 2 Dinners are included.
Agumbe – Pure Veg
Gokarna – Veg & Non Veg
- Food while travelling/trekking is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of this trip package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to October)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:30 PM Marathahalli: 9:55 PM Tin Factory: 10:15 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:50 to 11:15 PM (based on traffic)
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:30 PM
Marathahalli: 9:55 PM
Tin Factory: 10:15 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:50 to 11:15 PM (based on traffic)
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini-bus, Non AC)
- 1 Night Homestay – Agumbe
- 1 Night Beach side Camping – Gokarna
- 3 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch (Veg)
- 2 Dinners (Veg in Agumbe, Veg/Nonveg in Gokarna)
- 2 times evening snacks (Veg)
- All entry tickets, permissions
- Offbeat NY celebrations
- Trip Leader(s)
- Lot’s of entertainment!
- Food during journey, while trekking
- Water sports, Boat ride or any kind of special activities
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.