Christmas & New Year Trip | Agumbe Rainforest, Kodachadri, Malpe Beachfrom
New Year Trip – Agumbe Rainforest, Kodachadri, Malpe Beach from Bangalore
– Wander through the wilderness of western ghats, lush green rain forests while getting wet under gushing waterfalls, witnessing amazing landscapes of Kodachadri and Agumbe rainforest along with a bit of sea – Malpe.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
How about an offbeat New Year trip that takes you straight on the lap of nature instead of pubs and clubs? Presenting a beautiful combination of Kodachadri – Agumbe – Malpe for peace seekers who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of a usual New Year party!
Agumbe Rainforest has once even surpassed Cherrapunji of Meghalaya as the place with the highest rainfall. It rains so much that, all the lakes & streams overflow, they form plenty of waterfalls (some of them as gigantic as Jog falls, which is in the same district) and forests soak enough water that feeds rivers till next summer.
Agumbe is also called King Cobra capital because of the highest density of snakes found here. However, they usually do not come on our trek path, and trekkers are cautioned to not wander into the forest. It’s not surprising to find common non-venomous snakes like a green vine, different species of frogs, reptiles, and other amphibians.
If there is any place that can match Agumbe in terms of natural beauty, it is none other than Kodachadri. We picked the jeep trails of Kodachadri instead of the usual trek as we would like to keep fresh for New Year’s eve. Kodachadri Jeep trails include a beautiful terrain that has a thick forest, grasslands, chilling waterfalls in between, and then a thrilling ridge walk at the top. The landscape one gets to witness from the top of the mountain is simply mind-blowing.
The majestic Kodachadri is relatively close to the Arabian Sea. Get ready to be surprised by one of the most beautiful sunsets.
How can we miss the beaches when we are traveling so close to the west coast?
Let’s also head to the most happening Malpe beach of Udupi and walk barefoot on the beach. One can indulge in adventure watersports on the sea as well as take a ferry ride to St. Mary’s island to end the trip on a high.
If you seek solace, think not. Book Now!
Highlights of Kodachadri & Agumbe Trip:
- The mesmerizing Kodachadri Jeep Trails
- Hidlumane waterfalls
- Agumbe waterfalls (Rainforest Special experience)
- Kavaledurga fort (Easy trek)
- Silent Lake (Rainforest Special experience)
- Kundadri Hills (The highest peak of rain forest)
- Good food (Pure veg)
- Start from Bangalore late in the evening, overnight journey.
- Reach homestay close to the forest, freshen up.
- Fuel up with a nice Malnad style breakfast.
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort, start hiking up to enjoy the mesmerizing trek route that starts with lush green rice fields that give way to a human-made path made with boulders.
- There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time. This is a 2.5 Km easy trek (one way) with stunning views of the rainforest from the top.
- Have lunch after the trek.
- Drive to the base of Kodachadri, grab your seats for a bumpy jeep ride.
- Experience amazing landscapes as you hike up through the grasslands, mountain slopes, and rich vegetation.
- Walk on the thrilling ridge to view a stunning valley as you approach the peak of one of the most beautiful mountains.
- Relax with the cool breeze hitting your face.
- If lucky, witness the amazing sunset on clear days.
- Take the Jeep back to the base.
- Reach homestay, freshen up, have snacks with tea.
- A social gathering with a campfire followed by hot dinner.
- We will play our music, sing, and dance as we will welcome New Year 2021 together!
- Start the day with the fresh morning breeze of western ghats, have a nice breakfast
- Jungle walk of 1 km to take a dip under the pristine waterfalls of western ghats that is Agumbe special. Have lunch overlooking the falls
- Head back to the homestay
- Visit a giant lake in the lap of the rainforest, marvel at the beauty of mother nature
- Drive up to the Kundadri hills – The highest point in the Agumbe mountain range, have a sneak peek of the extremely beautiful and dense Agumbe rainforest filled with rich vegetation, pristine rivers, and gigantic lakes.
- Get back to the homestay, refresh.
- Have hot dinner, long conversations around the campfire.
- Wake up, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Say bye-bye to our homestay. Drive towards colorful and buzzing Malpe beach on the west coast.
- Walk barefoot on the beach. Indulge in water sports if they are open.
- Break for Lunch
- Take a ferry ride (self-paid) to St. Mary’s island if it is open.
- Break for a self-sponsored lunch at a restaurant close to the beach.
- Shop for souvenirs and goodies at the local flea market near Malpe.
- Try some delicious street food for an early dinner.
- Start back to Bangalore late evening.
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your unforgettable experience of Kodachadri and Agumbe with your friends and family
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to October)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:25 PM Tin Factory: 9:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:25 PM
Tin Factory: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- Stay (separate Dorms for guys and girls). We also have a few tents available for camping.
- Food: 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner (all Veg)
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Campfires (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- 1 Lunch, Dinner
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gandikota, Hampi, etc)
- For events that involve point-to-point bus/train booking, only a 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gokarna, Dandeli, etc)
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund if you were not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
Our village homestay is a duplex house with all the basic facilities. It is located in the heart of the rainforest. The surroundings are green, calm, and rejuvenating. One can hear many birds chirping in the morning. The first floor is usually assigned to women, and the ground floor is given to men. Both floors have spacious living rooms to keep your luggage and take good rest. Mattresses are arranged in the night by maintaining 3 feet gap between each other. Both floors can easily accommodate 20 people overall. Additionally, there are 3 Quechua rain-proof tents of 2-sharing, just in case, anyone prefers to sleep outside. There is a common area with a lawn in front of the homestay which is used for the campfire and other activities.
There are common and well-maintained washrooms in different areas of the ground floor. They have bathing as well as a toilet facility. Hot water is provided in a typical village setting by burning wood in a special chamber.
|Package Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Excluding Flights||Price (PP) Including Flights|
December 25, 2020 - December 27, 2020
Early Bird Tickets Available (Starts Dec 24th evening 8PM - Return Dec 28th morning 6AM)
December 31, 2020 - January 2, 2021
Early Bird Tickets Available (Starts Dec 30th evening 8PM - Return Jan 3rd morning 6AM)