New Year Special: Jewels Of Western Ghats – Agumbe, Kodachadri, Malpe Beachfrom
New Year Trip – Agumbe Rainforest, Kodachadri, Malpe Beach from Hyderabad
– Wander through the wilderness of western ghats, lush green rain forests while getting wet under gushing waterfalls, witnessing amazing landscapes of Kodachadri and Agumbe rainforest along with a bit of sea – Malpe.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeChristmas Trip
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
How about an offbeat New Year trip that takes you straight on the lap of nature instead of pubs and clubs? Presenting a beautiful combination of Kodachadri – Agumbe – Malpe for peace seekers who want to escape from the hustle and bustle of a usual New Year party!
Agumbe Rainforest has once even surpassed Cherrapunji of Meghalaya as the place with the highest rainfall. It rains so much that, all the lakes & streams overflow, they form plenty of waterfalls (some of them as gigantic as Jog falls, which is in the same district) and forests soak enough water that feeds rivers till next summer.
Agumbe is also called King Cobra capital because of the highest density of snakes found here. However, they usually do not come on our trek path, and trekkers are cautioned to not wander into the forest. It’s not surprising to find common non-venomous snakes like a green vine, different species of frogs, reptiles, and other amphibians.
If there is any place that can match Agumbe in terms of natural beauty, it is none other than Kodachadri. We picked the jeep trails of Kodachadri instead of the usual trek as we would like to keep fresh for New Year’s eve. Kodachadri Jeep trails include a beautiful terrain that has a thick forest, grasslands, chilling waterfalls in between, and then a thrilling ridge walk at the top. The landscape one gets to witness from the top of the mountain is simply mind-blowing.
The majestic Kodachadri is relatively close to the Arabian Sea. Get ready to be surprised by one of the most beautiful sunsets.
How can we miss the beaches when we are traveling so close to the west coast?
Let’s also head to the most happening Malpe beach of Udupi and walk barefoot on the beach. One can indulge in adventure watersports on the sea as well as take a ferry ride to St. Mary’s island to end the trip on a high.
If you seek solace, think not. Book Now!
Highlights of Kodachadri & Agumbe Trip:
- The mesmerizing Kodachadri Jeep Trails
- Agumbe waterfalls (Rainforest Special experience)
- Kavaledurga fort (Easy trek)
- Silent Lake (Rainforest Special experience)
- Kundadri Hills (The highest peak of rain forest)
- Good food (Pure veg)
- Malpe Beach Trip
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Hyderabad late in the evening, overnight journey.
- Day 1 Schedule
- Reach homestay close to the forest, freshen up.
- Fuel up with a nice Malnad style breakfast.
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort, start hiking up to enjoy the mesmerizing trek route that starts with lush green rice fields that give way to a human-made path made with boulders.
- There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time. This is a 2.5 Km easy trek (one way) with stunning views of the rainforest from the top.
- Have lunch after the trek.
- Drive to the base of Kodachadri, grab your seats for a bumpy jeep ride.
- Experience amazing landscapes as you hike up through the grasslands, mountain slopes, and rich vegetation.
- Walk on the thrilling ridge to view a stunning valley as you approach the peak of one of the most beautiful mountains.
- Relax with the cool breeze hitting your face.
- If lucky, witness the amazing sunset on clear days.
- Take the Jeep back to the base.
- Reach homestay, freshen up, have snacks with tea.
- A social gathering with a campfire followed by hot dinner.
- We will play our music, sing, and dance as we will welcome New Year 2021 together!
- Day 2 Schedule
- Start the day with the fresh morning breeze of western ghats, have a nice breakfast
- Jungle walk of 1 km to take a dip under the pristine waterfalls of western ghats that is Agumbe special. Have lunch overlooking the falls
- Head back to the homestay
- Visit a giant lake in the lap of the rainforest, marvel at the beauty of mother nature
- Drive up to the Kundadri hills – The highest point in the Agumbe mountain range, have a sneak peek of the extremely beautiful and dense Agumbe rainforest filled with rich vegetation, pristine rivers, and gigantic lakes.
- Get back to the homestay, refresh.
- Have hot dinner, long conversations around the campfire.
- Day 3 Schedule
- Wake up, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Say bye-bye to our homestay. Drive towards colorful and buzzing Malpe beach on the west coast.
- Walk barefoot on the beach. Indulge in water sports if they are open.
- Break for Lunch
- Take a ferry ride (self-paid) to St. Mary’s island if it is open.
- Break for a self-sponsored lunch at a restaurant close to the beach.
- Shop for souvenirs and goodies at the local flea market near Malpe.
- Try some delicious street food for an early dinner.
- Start back to Hyderabad late evening.
- Day 4 Schedule
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your unforgettable experience of Kodachadri and Agumbe with your friends and family
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Non AC sleeper or AC Seni Sleeper bus for Hyderabad-Shimoga to and fro travel. (Based on the availability.)
- Private non-AC vehicle for local travel for 3 days.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to October)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points:
- MGBS bus stop at 7 pm
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Stay (separate Dorms for guys and girls). We also have a few tents available for camping.
- Food: 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner (all Veg)
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Campfires (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- 1 Lunch, Dinner
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Our village homestay is a duplex house with all the basic facilities. It is located in the heart of the rainforest. The surroundings are green, calm, and rejuvenating. One can hear many birds chirping in the morning. The first floor is usually assigned to women, and the ground floor is given to men. Both floors have spacious living rooms to keep your luggage and take good rest. Mattresses are arranged in the night by maintaining 3 feet gap between each other. Both floors can easily accommodate 20 people overall. Additionally, there are 3 Quechua rain-proof tents of 2-sharing, just in case, anyone prefers to sleep outside. There is a common area with a lawn in front of the homestay which is used for the campfire and other activities.
There are common and well-maintained washrooms in different areas of the ground floor. They have bathing as well as a toilet facility. Hot water is provided in a typical village setting by burning wood in a special chamber.