New Year: Kodachadri Jeep Trails with Malpe, Maravanthe Beachesfrom
Kodachadri Jeep Trails, Nagara Fort, Malpe Beach, Maravanthe Beach – from Bangalore
– An off road Jeep ride to one of the most beautiful mountains of Western Ghats, along with couple of awesome Beaches for the New Year 2022!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
There aren’t too many treks in India that can match the beauty of Kodachadri. Some of the highlights of Kodachadri are dense forest, sprawling grasslands, lush green vegetation, and stunning views of surrounding mountain peaks and valleys. Another main attraction of the Kodachadri trek is a bumpy jeep ride we can take for those who wish to avoid trekking. We won’t literally miss the trek though. There is a small trek of 1.5 km (one way) along the ridge of the mountain which is a thrilling experience. Translated “Jasmine of hills”, Kodachadri trek is at a different level altogether.
This majestic mountain is relatively close to the west coast. On a clear day, we might even be lucky to see the Arabian Sea. But during New Year time, since it is winter time one can see lots of mist in the surrounding valleys.
How can we miss the beaches when we are traveling so close to the west coast? Let’s also head to the most happening Malpe beach of Udupi and indulge in adventure watersports, and take a ferry ride to St. Mary’s island to end the trip on a high. We will also take a small pit stop at Maravanthe beach to enjoy scenic views.
If you seek solace, think not. Book Now!
Highlights of the Kodachadri Trip:
- The mesmerizing Kodachadri Bumpy Jeep Trails
- Nagara Fort
- Devagange pools
- Malpe Beach Trip (Water Sports & St Mary’s Island)*
- Maravanthe Beach
- Lovely homestay near Kodachadri base
- New Year social gathering around Campfire
- Good food (Veg & Non veg)
* Highlights does not mean they are included in trip cost. See “Inclusions & Exclusions” section for full list of things included as part of trip cost.
- Dec 30 - Thursday Journey to Kodachadri!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to the mountains of Kodachadri
- Dec 31 - Friday Kodachadri Jeep Trails, Nagara Fort, Forest Pools
- Reach homestay, freshen up and have Breakfast.
- Take an off road Jeep ride through the curvy slopes of Kodachadri mountain, experience amazing landscapes as you hike up through the grasslands, mountain slopes and rich vegetation.
- Go on a small trek along the thrilling ridge with a deep valley that Kodachadri is famous for as you approach the peak of one of the most beautiful mountains.
- Relax with the cool breeze hitting your face with mesmerizing views.
- Take the same bumpy jeep ride on again back to the base.
- Reach homestay, finish quick Lunch.
- Head to beautiful Nagara Fort, stroll on the fort pathways made of brownish lawn all over because of the dryer winter season.
- Visit an offbeat place called Devagange, a place for ancient man made swimming pools with naturally filtered water.
- Head back to the homestay by late evening, freshen up and get set for New Year eve.
- Hot dinner (both Veg & Non veg).
- Campfire with social gathering and group activities as we welcome New Year 2022 in an offbeat way.
- Jan 1st - Saturday Malpe, Maravanthe Beaches
- Wake up, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Say bye-bye to our homestay.
- Take a pit stop of hald hour at the beautiful Maravanthe Beach .
- Head towards colorful and buzzing Malpe beach of Udupi town on the west coast.
- Walk barefoot on the beach. Indulge in water sports like Parasailing, Banana ride, Bumper ride, Speed Boat, Zorbing etc., if they are open. Usually during New Year time, all these activities pull lots of tourists to Malpe beach.
- Break for Lunch at a local beach restaurant.
- Take a ferry ride to St. Mary’s island which is many Km into the Sea (If available). Explore the island, come back to Malpe on the same ferry by late evening.
- Enjoy a peaceful sunset
- You may freshen up at the change/shower rooms of the beach and change to fresh pair of clothes.
- You must be very hungry after playing in the water. Try different varieties of food at Malpe Beach for an early Dinner.
- Start back to Bangalore by night, an overnight journey back to Bengaluru.
- Jan 2nd - Sunday Back home!
- Reach home early in the morning
- Share your New Year weekend experience of Kodachadri, Malpe and Maravanthe to friends and family!
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- New Year time there will be crowd everywhere – on road, at stay, in on Kodachadri peak, and at the beaches. There will be some discomfort here and there because of heavy rush. If you are okay with this, only then book this trip.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semis-sleeper).
- Basic Dormitory stay with comfortable beds, blankets.
- Separate for Men and Women.
- We even have Tent stay. Contact organizers to check availability.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Nonveg) are served at our homestay.
- Food during journey is self sponsored
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kodachadri trek package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- No major trekking involved. This is a Jeep ride trip.
- The is an easy ridge walk/trek of 1.5Km (one way) to reach Kodachadri peak.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points:
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 8:00 PM Marathahalli: 8:25 PM Tin Factory: 8:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 9:35 to 9:50 PM (based on traffic)
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 8:00 PM
Marathahalli: 8:25 PM
Tin Factory: 8:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 9:35 to 9:50 PM (based on traffic)
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Winter presents misty landscapes, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather to and decently cold nights at Kodachadri. Winter wear is usually not needed.
- Travel (Tempo or mini-bus, Non AC)
- Homestay (separate Dorms for guys and girls)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg, Non Veg)
- Jeep ride (Up and Down)
- Campfire with group activities for New Year 2022
- Malpe, Maravanthe Beaches visit
- Trip Leader(s)
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2 at Malpe
- Water sports, Ferry charges
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
Our village homestay is a duplex house with all the basic facilities. It is located in the heart of the rainforest. The surroundings are green, calm, and rejuvenating. One can hear many birds chirping in the morning. The first floor is usually assigned to women, and the ground floor is given to men. Both floors have spacious living rooms to keep your luggage and take good rest. Mattresses are arranged in the night. Both floors can easily accommodate 20 people overall. Additionally, there are 3 Quechua rain-proof tents of 2-sharing, just in case, anyone prefers to sleep outside. There is a common area with a lawn in front of the homestay which is used for the campfire and other activities.
There are common and well-maintained washrooms in different areas of the ground floor. They have bathing as well as a toilet facility. Hot water is provided in a typical village setting by burning wood in a heat chamber.
It falls under a moderate difficulty level. Even first-timers may attempt this trek.
It’s just about 10 to 11 Km one way. However, we do not need to trek back as we take jeep ride back