New Year: Hampi Trip with Hippie Islandfrom
Hampi Trip with Hippy Island for New Year 2022 | Bangalore
The grand old “lost city” of Hampi (also a UNESCO World Heritage Site) is both flamboyant as well as laid back in its demeanor. A weekend trip to Hampi is every traveler’s delight. Hippy Island adds up to the vibe!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Have you been Hampi-fied at least once in your life?
Hampi, situated on the banks of the river Tungabadra, is a backpackers paradise as well as Hippie haven. There are many interesting things here like hillocks filled with boulders, monuments, ruins, temples, laid back cafes, arts, shopping, trekking, etc. Located at a distance of 340 Km from Bangalore, it makes a great offbeat weekend getaway.
Hampi is a different world altogether that takes you back in time, amazes you with its mystical ruins, and makes you wonder how magnificent this city would have been centuries ago. It was the capital of the grand Vijayanagara kingdom which was ruled by Sri Krishnadevaraya. At its peak, Hampi was one of the richest cities in the world. Traders from different parts of the world would visit Hampi for business.
If you think this is fascinating enough, it’s not over yet. Hampi also has mythological significance attached to Ramayana. It is said to be the Kishkinda kingdom of Vali, Sugreeva, and our very own Hanuman. A temple on top of a hillock named Anjanadri is said to be his birthplace. The same hill also doubles up as a place for a beautiful sunset in winter.
While we marvel at the colored-retro setting of the Hampi, we are gonna stay towards the Hippie Island side, hike a couple of boulder-filled hillocks and enjoy pretty views from the top, including a lovely sunset that Hampi is famous for.
Can we ever be satisfied without getting wet? We will also take a soothing dip in the pristine waters of Sanapur lake under hot Hampi weather. For those who wouldn’t like to get wet, local villagers usually operate Coracle rides here. Even if one doesn’t indulge in both, Sanapur lake surrounded by stunning boulder hills is such a serene locale to just sit and relax.
Lazy dinners on the cozy beds of cafes, spending the New Year eve with lots of socializing, good food, music…all of them to quench your thirst for an offbeat and laid-back New Year 2022!
Highlights of the Hampi Trip:
- Anjanadri Hill
- Sanapur Lake
- The Vijaya Vittala (Stone Chariot on 50 INR note)
- Pushkarini (Stepped tank)
- Monuments & Ruins of Hampi
- Virupaksha Temple
- Sunset hill hike
- Stay at Hippie café guest house
- Social gathering with music group activities during New Year eve.
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Dec 30 - Thursday Journey time!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to our Hippie Island stay close to Sanapur Lake.
- Dec 31 - Friday Hippie New Year
- Reach Hampi Guest House, freshen up & breakfast.
- Head to the base of the Anjanadri hill and hike up the hill on the northern banks of the Tungabhadra river.
- Get back to the guesthouse. Have your leisurely lunch at our charming Hippie café that serves a wide range of delicacies.
- Post lunch, enjoy the cool breeze of the pristine Sanapur Lake – take a dip if you wish to, go on a coracle ride on the lake (optional & self-sponsored), relax and rejuvenate.
- After a well-deserved dip, enjoy a peaceful sunset from the top of a sunset spot. This is a small 20 min hike from our stay.
- Get back to the guest house, freshen up, order your dinner little early because of the busy NY time.
- Social gathering in the night with games, music, stories and what not!
- Welcome New Year 2022 with hippy vibes of Hampi along with lots of new friends!
- Rest in your assigned rooms.
- Jan 1st Monuments of Hampi
- Start the day with a nice breakfast.
- Drive to Hampi town, visit the most famous Vijaya Vittala temple, explore its monuments, one of them being – The Stone Chariot on 50 rupees currency note. We usually have a guide here explaining interesting facts and history about this wonderful place
- Visit a unique structure called Pushkarini, a perfectly symmetrical stepped water tank that becomes smaller as it goes down, that looks very attractive
- We will take you to a local restaurant for lunch.
- There are many more interesting monuments and historical places we will explore post lunch – like Queen’s bath, Elephant Stable etc etc.
- End the exploration with a visit to Virupaksha temple in the evening, the only working temple in Hampi (the rest of the places other than Virupaksha are either ruins or monuments)
- Walk down to the flea market and shop your bags full
- Finish dinner at a famous café in Hampi and start back to Bangalore.
- Jan 2 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your memorable Hampi New Year weekend trip story with your friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- New Year time there will be crowd everywhere – on road, at stay, in Hippie Island, and at monuments of Hampi. There will be some discomfort here and there because of heavy rush. If you are okay with this, only then book this trip.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (Not sleeper or semis-sleeper).
- Hampi is a backpacker’s paradise. The real vibe of Hampi can be felt by staying at Hippy cafes that also double up as restaurants serving delicious food from Indian to Israeli to Continental food.
- Our cafe is located at a pretty location close to Sanapur Lake. It has comfortable beds and well-maintained toilets/shower rooms. (Look at the album for pictures). It gives ample opportunity to interact with other backpackers, especially from Israel.
- For Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, you can try ordering your favorite dishes from the menu.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Full sleeve cotton t-shirt, track pant is advised for Hampi as it’s a hot place (Oct to Feb)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guesthouse
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine
- Your personal medications, if any
- Waterwear if you wish to take a dip in the Lake
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 9:30 PM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 9:55 PM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 10:15 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Goraguntepalya: 10:50 to 11:15 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
What’s next after booking your trip:
- These trips involve traveling with strangers and night stays (If any). Please be mindful that:
- You will need to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) contact details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
Climate during New Year:
- Winter time in Hampi: Hampi is usually a hot place, but the weather is very pleasant during New Year time. There could be lots of mist in the night. Sweaters are not usually needed. Lots of Hippies, especially from Israel visit Hampi in winter season. It is colorful and vibrant. Anjanadri hill is the best place to enjoy panoramic views of boulder filled hills.
- Travel (Tempo or Minibus depending on the final numbers)
- Stay at our guesthouse (separate dorms for each gender)
- Entry tickets wherever required
- Experience all places in the Highlights section
- Social gathering under the open sky
- Trip Leader
- Guide for Stone Chariot
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Coracle or any special activities
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.