Mullayanagiri Trek & Camping, Chikmagalurfrom
Mullayanagiri Trek & Camping, Chikmagalur
– A weekend trip to the coffee land of Chikmagalur with a trek to the highest peak Mullayanagiri, buttermilk waterfalls and many more attractions.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a fun-filled, action-packed weekend with Coffee estate Camping, trekking to the highest peak of Karnataka – Mullayannagiri, chilling dip in the Buttermilk waterfalls, plenty of beautiful places, outdoor games, good food and a lot of socializing, all in the beautiful mountains of Chikmagalur.
The coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur located at a distance of 250 Km from Bangalore is famous for its elegant hills and enchanting views, along with its aromatic coffee. Apart from being scenic, Chikmagalur is also a paradise for the trekking lovers who love to explore high mountains surrounded by rainforests. Bababudangiri mountain range offers spectacular landscapes of the Western Ghats with deep sudden dips. While monsoons fill the landscapes with misty clouds, drier months present cool breezes and peaceful sunsets.
We shall begin with a relatively easy trek of 3 Km one way to Mullayannagiri peak standing at 1930 meters above sea level. The trek path crisscrosses between rich forest and lush green meadows. There is a temple at the top from where we get a panoramic view of surrounding valleys. High altitude also attracts heavy winds. After spending an ample amount of time relaxing at the top, we will head to Buttermilk waterfalls on a bumpy Jeep. As the name suggests, water dripping from the boulders is almost as white as buttermilk. We shall take shower, take numerous pics, and change to drier clothes. The final stop for the day Bababudangiri is as beautiful as it can get.
The next day we shall take a nature walk in the coffee estate, indulge in lots of outdoor activities at our campsite, followed by giving a visit to Chikmagalur town and the princess statue. After a bit of coffee tasting and shopping, we will have a pit stop at the Yagachi reservoir which accumulates all the water coming from surrounding mountains. We will end the trip by exploring interesting architecture at Belur temple.
Altogether, Chikmagalur trekking and camping experience is a great treat for the weekend.
Highlights of the Chikmagalur Trip:
- Hike to The highest peak Mullayannagiri
- Jeep ride to Buttermilk waterfalls with a nice dip
- Captivating views of Baba Budangiri mountain range
- Coffee estate nature walk
- Different outdoor games at the Camp
- Campfire with a social gathering in the night
- Coffee shopping at a famous place
- Yagachi reservoir with optional Boating and Water activities
- Ancient Belur Temple and architecture
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Reach homestay early in the morning, freshen up and have breakfast
- Have fulfilling, heavy Breakfast to fuel up your body
- Drive to the base of Mullayannagiri, park our vehicle and hike up
- After soaking in the sun and witnessing amazing views from the highest point of Karnataka, trek back to base
- Have a quick lunch at a local restaurant (Note that we get limited options for food on this route, that’s why you are advised to have whatever is available at that time)
- Jeep ride to Buttermilk waterfalls take a rejuvenating dip under chilling water
- Drive to stunning views of Bababudangiri range, enjoy the stunning views of the valley filled with clouds
- Come back to camp, refresh, campfire with delicious dinner
- Social gathering at night with long conversations, rest in the cozy tents
- Wake up, freshen up and have breakfast, pack your bags
- Go on a beautiful Coffee estate nature walk, indulge in outdoor games like volleyball, shuttle etc
- Check out of the campsite, drive towards Chikmagalur town, visit Chikka magalu statue, taste and shop coffee.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant
- Head to Yagachi reservoir and go for optional boating and other water activities
- Visit the ancient temple of Belur and explore the architecture
- Drive back to BLR and reach by night around 9 PM
- Share your experience of a weekend trip to Chikmagalur with your friends and colleagues.
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 10 or more
- Stay at lovely coffee estate campsite on sharing basis, clean washrooms
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner (Veg) included. Rest is self-sponsored
- Trek difficulty level: Easy
- Trek distance: 6 Km up and down
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (non-ac)
- Starting time: Friday night 10 PM
- Ending time: Sunday night around 9 PM
- Pick up / Drop spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar, Koramangala, Goraguntepalya
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you on important Terms & Conditions.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Chikmagalur, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. There will be plenty of water at Buttermilk waterfalls. This means we may have to take a dip in the adjacent streams instead of going right under the falls.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Nights will be colder. Plenty of water in the falls to take a shower. Amazing sunsets at Bababudangiri.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. Still good for trekking with cheerful days and cold breeze. Landscapes are more brownish, a good time to escape the city and its summer heat. Buttermilk waterfall usually has a good amount of water in summer also. Sunsets are pleasant.
- Stay at our lovely backpacker’s campsite (tents on 3 sharing, clean washrooms)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner (veg & non veg)
- Mullayanagiri trek, Buttermilk waterfalls jeep, Bababudangiri visit
- Outdoor/indoor games, Coffee estate nature walk, town visit
- Yagachi reservoir, Belur temple exploration
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- A lot of action and entertainment!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand cancelled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of trip start time
- No refund if cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip
Tin Factory bus stop: 10:00 PM
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Near foot over bridge
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 10:15 PM
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur flyover
Koramangala Sony World Signal: 10:30 PM
- Just in front of Manyavar
- On 80 Feet Road
Goraguntepalya Metro station bus stop: 11:15 to 11:45 PM (based on traffic)
- Where Outer Ring Road (ORR) meets the highway
- On the service road in front of People Tree Hospital
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!