Manali, Kasol Backpacking Trip with Kheerganga Trek (7D/6N)from
Manali, Kasol Backpacking Trip with Kheerganga Trek
A backpacking trip to 3 most favorite destinations of Himachal – Manali for sightseers, Kasol for trippers and Kheerganga for trekkers!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Manali – a top destination in Himachal is a happening town on the banks of Beas river. It offers beautiful views of snow capped Himalayas, adventure sports, spiritual temples, shopping places and the famous Atal Tunnel that is drilled through the mountains of Rohtang Pass.
Kasol – a picturesque village in Kullu, stretched along river Parvati is on every backpackers checklist. The blissful village of Kasol lives in it’s own world and time located away from the tourist circuit. One would be surprised with the warm hospitality of the villagers in the Old and the New Kasol, separated by a small pedestrian pathway across Parvati river named Kasol Bridge.
Chalal is a less known village close to Kasol. We will go on a short trek to this village. Chalal is nicknamed as Mini-Israel. To reach Chalal, first, we will cross the gushing waters of Parvati River via the suspension bridge, and then make our way through the gorgeous pine forests.
Manikaran is famous for its Gurudwara, the hanging bridge across the Parvati river, and the hot water springs. We will do a pit stop here based on our schedule. Travelers love to eat food served with love & respect at the famous “Langar” over here.
Kheerganga is a dreamland surrounded by snow capped mountains and hot water springs at an altitude of 13000 feet above sea level. The 13 Km (one way) Kheerganga trek is easily the most popular trek in Himachal.
Come, join Muddie Trails to experience a wonderland in Himachal Pradesh.
- Colorful Kasol exploration
- Chalal Nature Walk
- Kheerganga Trek
- Natural hot water springs
- Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara
- Solang Valley adventures
- Atal Tunnel – an engineering wonder
- Jogini Waterfalls
- Hadimba Temple
- Manali Mall Road
- Tibetan Buddhist Monastery
- Beautiful Campsite by the Parvati River in Kasol
- Mountain top Camp at Kheerganga
- Comfort guest house in Manali
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 1 Arrival at Delhi
- Arrive at Delhi and assemble at our pickup points for Volvo Buses – Majnu ka Tilla or RK Ashram.
- From the airport, you can either book a taxi or travel by Metro to reach above pickup points.
- Overnight journey to Kasol with a Dinner stop.
- Day 2 Chalal Day Trek & Kasol market
- The Bus can stop right in front of our Kasol camp which is 2Km before Kasol bus stand.
- Check into the camp by the Parvati River.
- Our caretaker will assign tents. Put bags inside the tents, freshen up, have Breakfast.
- Chill out and relax at the beautiful setting along the Parvati river.
- Get set for a warm-up trek to a village named Chalal in the afternoon. Our guide will assemble everyone at the common area, will take you on a muddy trail towards Chalal village. The trail against the direction of the Parvati river.
- The trek ends at the Kasol market which is 2 km from our campsite. Our guide will leave you at the market. You can explore the market, hippie cafes and try some local food for late lunch.
- You may reach back Kasol Camp by village bus or by foot.
- Remember it gets dark early in the Kasol valley when compared to your city like Bengaluru or Mumbai.
- Socialize around a bonfire, have hot Dinner, and rest in the tents with thick warm blankets.
- Day 3 Kheerganga Trek
- After Breakfast, we will take a village Bus journey to Barshaini village which is the base point for Kheerganga Trek.
- Note: You may leave your bugger backpack and extra luggage at Kasol camp and carry things needed for Kheerganga trek in a small bag.
- Our guide will meet you to give a briefing on Kheerganga trek. You may buy snacks and energy bars before starting.
- Trek to Kheerganga will take around 6 to 7 hours on an average to cover 13 Km distance including Lunch break and many rest points. Overall, the trek is moderate and even beginners can attempt.
- A heavenly experience of taking bath in the hot water springs of Kheerganga overlooking snow capped Himalayas is waiting after reaching the camp.
- We will settle down by late evening, and gather around campfire for social hours.
- The temperatures up there at Kheerganga are usually close to zero during the nights because of the high altitude.
- Dinner will be served quite early as the nightfall happens pretty early.
- Take a well deserved rest inside the tents with beds, and thick blankets.
- Day 4 Return trek, explore Manikaran, reach Manali
- Wake up to a pristine Himalayan setting with the sun rising atop snow called the Himalayas.
- Freshen up and have Breakfast.
- Check out from Kheerganga camp, hike down to Barshaini along with our guide. It will take around 4-5 hours to hike down. Finish Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Board private taxi, visit Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara.
- Head to Kasol camp, pick your extra luggage (backpack), and move towards next destination – Manali for a leisurely road trip.
- Take good rest for the night at the Manali guest house.
- Day 5 Around Manali
- Have Breakfast at the guest house,
- Explore local attractions of Manali starting with picturesque Hadimba temple, located amid a beautiful Deodar forest on top of a hill. The temple is dedicated to Hadimba, the wife of Bhima from the great epic, Mahabharata.
- Next in line is one of the most famous Buddhist monasteries situated in North India. Tourists are attracted by the unique architecture, colorful paintings on the walls, and the tranquil vibe of the place. The most prominent feature of this monastery is the enormous statue of Sakyamuni in a sitting or meditative posture. A few minutes of meditation is a must try over here.
- Have Lunch at Mall Road
- Go on a beautiful 1 hour trek to through the dense forest and a narrow trail to reach Jogini waterfalls. Sometimes on a sunny day, one can even spot a rainbow on top of the falls.
- Get back to the Manali town, continue shopping till late evening at Mall road.
- Spend last night of the trip socializing at the guest house.
- Day 6 Solang Valley, Atal Tunnel
- Pack your bags, check out of the stay after Breakfast.
- Visit most picturesque Solang Valley and indulge in adventure sports like para sailing, zorbing, horse riding, quad biking and etc. as per the availability at that time. Expect a lot of crowd here because of the beauty of the place and the activities. So it’s better we reach early.
- Have Lunch at the food points of Solang valley.
- Continue our journey to Atal Tunnel, a highway tunnel built under the Rohtang Pass of the Himalayas on the Manali-Ladakh Highway.
- Early evening drop back at Manali bus stop.
- Board your Volvo Bus to Delhi for an overnight journey.
- Day 7 Drop at Delhi
- Reach Delhi around 9 AM
- It’s usually safe to book your flight back to your city after 12 noon.
- Trip starting/ending point: New Delhi
- Start time: Day-1, 6 PM
- End time: Day-7, 10 AM
- Pickup/Drop points: Majnu ka Tilla, RK Ashram, Kashmiri Gate
Kasol (1 night):
- Tent stay at Kasol campsite with clean Washrooms.
- 3/4 sharing tents with beds, thick blankets, and pillows.
- Kasol is a Backpackers paradise. One can get to feel the real vibe of Kasol by staying in backpackers stays where you get to interact with people coming from different parts of the world.
- We picked the Camping option as it is more close to nature. Our Kasol Campsite is a private property located on the banks of the Parvati river. Just sitting by the Parvati river and doing nothing is one of the beautiful feelings.
Kheerganga (1 night):
- Mountain top camp.
- 3/4 sharing tents with beds, thick blankets, and pillows.
- Over here, facilities are much more basic as compared to Kasol as Kheerganga is a remote location in Himalayas.
Manali (2 nights):
- Comfortable Guest house stay.
- 2/3/4 sharing rooms.
Journey (2 nights):
- Up and down journey from base city Delhi and Kasol/Manali by Volvo bus.
- Breakfasts & Dinners are served at Kasol, Kheerganga.
- Breakfasts are served at Manali.
- Items like Puri Sabzi, Aloo/Plain Paratha are served for Breakfasts along with Chai.
- Dinner will have Dal, Mix veg or Palak Paneer or Paneer Gravy Sabzi with Roti and Rice.
- Food during journey/sightseeing is self-sponsored.
- How much you have to spend for good food?
150 – 200 per Lunch
150 – 200 per Dinner
- Batch size: 5 to 10
- Kheerganga Trek Difficulty: Moderate (Beginners can attempt)
- Max altitude: 13,000 feet above Sea level
- Climate: Cold to freezing cold
What’s next after booking your trip:
- We will get in touch with you. After that, you may book your Flights/Train up and down.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 2 days before the event
- You may discuss about the trek in the group and get prepared.
- Kasol, Kheerganga are offbeat places with basic facilities. Travelers are expected to carefully read and understand the Terms & Conditions that explain the complexities of this trip before booking.
- Expect crowd during the Summer season, during long weekends, and public holidays. The more the crowd, the more colorful the places are. But there might be slight delays or inconveniences here and there.
- Timings/schedules are strictly followed for different treks for this backpacking trip (Chalal, Kheerganga). A day before itself, our guides will mention exact timings to get ready for treks. If you are not able to get ready by that time, you might have to miss the trek altogether.
- Timing/Schedule is strictly maintained for Food and Bonfire also. If you miss having food at serving hours, you may miss your meal altogether.
- If any of the places are not available for some unpredictable reason (like a landslide, heavy snow/rain, etc.), we can only try to suggest alternative places based on the situation.
- Please book this trip only if you are okay with the above points.
Things to Pack:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight Large Backpack for the entire road trip (50 liters or more)
- A Small Backpack for basic items (to carry valuables, water bottles, clothes, etc when trekking)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Thermal inners and warm clothes (very cold climate)
- A rainproof jacket with a hood (to protect from cold winds, sudden rain/snowfall)
- Waterproof gloves, thick socks, track pants, full sleeve t-shirts (to keep your body warm) – especially for Grahan and Tosh.
- Cap/Hat (you may get tanned because of high altitude direct sun rays)
- Sunglasses (important as snow reflects harmful UV rays)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand wash (facilities over there are very basic)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill water at our campsites.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, wet/dry clothes)
- Water-resistant, good grip shoes for trekking, extra slippers to use at guest houses
- Personal medications, any drugs that you may feel necessary (remember high altitude, ghat roads, chill climate)
- No need to carry snacks/chocolates. You may buy at local shops to support them.
- Travel (AC Semi Sleeper up & down from Delhi)
- Private vehicle for Manali Trip (Days 4,5,6)
- Stay for 5 nights
- 5 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners (Veg)
- Entry tickets, permissions
- Guides for Treks (Chalal, Kheerganga)
- Bonfire(s) (if no damp weather)
- A memorable backpacking cum trekking experience visiting all places in the Highlights section.
- Meals not mentioned above
- Local travel from Kasol to Barshaini by Village Bus
- Any kind of insurance, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusion above
- Any extra cost arising due to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation, bad weather, traffic-congestion/roadblocks, political disturbances and/or any factors beyond our control.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip start date.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent between 30 to 15 days before the trip start date.
- An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund within 15 days of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- No refund on the partial payment (advance) done to block your seat for the trip.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.